It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the White man the most oppressed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
When I was young, I applied for a lineman/tech job at Bell Telephone, where mom worked forever.

For that, I took a standard intelligence test; folding boxes in your head, finding the next thing in a number series or grouping.... the same test I aced for the Army and other places, I was easily 97th+ percentile.

After test interview it was explained that I did fine on the test, but points were deducted because I was white. This one item essentially put my score out of range. It was the mid-1980's, and that was normal. So, it really did happen.

Those Affirmative Action programs hit my generation hard, not the guys who actually got their jobs because of "old-boy" network connections. I didn't affect their kids, either, I am sure.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Is white men??.would that include women as the most oppressed??, and oppressed by whom?? other white ppl ??, and good question someone asked , what exactly is "white" it's not the same everywhere in the world at the same time , just like Black it is subject to change depending on nation or circumstances eg Benjamin Franklin had a much narrower view as to who was white and who was not!, this included the very people that would become the epitome of whiteness..the Germans whom he really really didn't like, other suspect groups like the Spanish, Italians, Greeks, Jews of all types and even the Irish..however in the American context they overtime could join whiteness ( not if you are from latin America ), runners up to join whiteness are Iranians aka Persians as the original Aryan, but they are often too melaninated to make the cut add to the fact that they dresses funny and want to blow you up, Turks?? never!!

How about the ppl who put the Cauc in Caucasian, there one would have to go to Johann Friedrich Blumenbach for naming ppl with a certain look as Caucasians, you know Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes, who made the classifications all of us have to live with.

But it was these ppl who were mostly exploited before slavery became a mostly Black thing especially in the west, the Caucaus was one big slave mart, eastern potentates filled their Harems with them, the males were used as elite shock troops, as far away as medieval Mali and Kenam Bornu in Africa..
I touched on this matter in a thread that didn't get much love.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for non whites oppressing Whites..meaning what most of us reading this generally think of as white, well that would largely depend on proximity,timing and opportunity, hence the Moors largely seen as Blacks and Browns spent a lot of time in Europe ,especially southern Europe for 700yrs, now did they consciously believed there were oppressing white ppl, hard to tell, they did believe like all oppressors everywhere that they were doing the oppressees a favor by invading them and showering them with the benefits of civilization, now did the oppressees thought they were being oppressed by a dark race of men, well kinda , if you go by some of their harsh quotes and art works at the time, but not all the time, as there were good blacks, who were Christians and could possibly help them.

edit on 24-6-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Whites had something inserted into their dna to make them programable.
I cant find the youtube video proving it though lol.

Joking aside, there is something there, that is not in other ethnicities, a port for inserted info. Im sure they will come out with a story about how it's the evolutionary mechanism, once I find that video and start spamming the net about the alien intervention of man and the creation of the white race.

edit on 24-6-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
11 Ways That I, a White Man, Am Not Privileged
By MATT CARON

1. I didn’t grow up with a silver spoon.
That’s right, I had to work for what I’m given. When I went to college, I worked hard for those grades. I didn’t get in on nothing, I took school seriously! I worked each day to pay my rent and my tuition.

2. I earned my job.
You think it was easy to get to the job I have now? I didn’t just waltz into it. I had to work my way up to my current position. I came in on time, put in my hours and even had to hang out after work with people I despise. That’s how you make it in America.

3. I budgeted and saved my money.
It’s easy to just spend all of your cash, but I put it into a savings account. Learn some self-discipline!

4. I fought against a history of social stigmas and systemic biases to get to claim the tiny space I occupy.
Oh no, wait, this might be getting away from me.

5. I have been judged on name alone when applying to get my house and job.
What? That’s not a thing. Is that a thing?

6. I had my entire life plotted out in statistics before I even began making my own decisions
Oh come on… is that… I’m just going to google for a second.

7. …
Oh sh*t. I think I just figured it out. Uh…

8. I’m really sorry, this really wasn’t my intent.
How do I check my privilege? Do I just tell people that look like they might not know that I’m privileged?

9. I don’t know how to fix this, money? I gave to Planned Parenthood, is that good?
Who else? ACLU? Can I donate directly to Black Lives Matter? I don’t just give it to my Black friend, right? That seems weird.

10. I’ll just sit down, would you like to fill in the last one?

11. [Your answer here.]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join