It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the whole Earth shake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Still i think America and the rest of the world will be ok and if not "so long and thanks for all the fish".

If Yellowstone goes moderate to big, it will have global climatic effects the likes of which would make any and all differences we have as a people (humanity in general) pale in significance, but you can believe that there will be those trying to take advantage of the situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Truth is through there is no "situation" yet, and even if there was there is not exactly anywhere to run short of Antarctica or the north pole you are pretty much screwed in the long term.

Fact is it would be better to stay where you are and go out with a bang rather than a whimper.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Wearedone
I have no idea what I am looking at but a lot of people on another website (which I won't name) are going crazy over this.

What does it mean ATS????

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Pole shift?

I am sure it wasn't a pole shift or it would have spilled my martini at lunch.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Still i think America and the rest of the world will be ok and if not "so long and thanks for all the fish".

If Yellowstone goes moderate to big, it will have global climatic effects the likes of which would make any and all differences we have as a people (humanity in general) pale in significance, but you can believe that there will be those trying to take advantage of the situation.

But it would stop global warming...
[snipped]

Im not sure whats up with the quakes, but I didnt notice anything, and quake swarms are part of the geophysics of the planet. Magnetic solar wind, as previously mentioned, could trigger some I would imagine.
edit on Fri Jun 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If you are wondering about quakes , this thread on ATS is the place to go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And puterman is the man ! Not as grumpy as you would think.

Lots of good info there.

Also, a good program or app to have to view quakes.

www.wolton.net...

edit on 22-6-2017 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
NO. but i suggest you call burt gummer. Sounds like you have a graboid problem.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The Earth always shakes.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Let me tell you a story - Me and my bud decided to skip school one day then we decided to play with a Ouija board . So we set down at the kitchen table began messing with it I noticed the light above the table start swinging we both looked with the wth look then All the dishes in the china cabinet started shaking and falling over - We both got up and ran out side around the house he picked up a shovel and looked around the corner I said what the heck are you going to do with that it's already dead man he replied well it's going to be dead again lol just then the neighbors started coming out we were like did you feel that? she said yes it was an earthquake lol That's a ride worth paying for will never forget that!

Ha, that's funny but also interesting to me at the same time... It just reminds me what it must of been like thousands of years ago before we had any knowledge of tectonic plates, molten iron core (volcanoes), what the sun was! It must have been so easy to manipulate people or just be freaked out anyway.

If in today's world you could be freaked out by an earthquake (albeit with the aid of a ouija board) imagine how easy it was back then especially if you had some mystical shaman dancing around and chanting etc.

With this in mind it's very easy to see how religions and spirituality came about. Now if only we could make it go away again! Times have changed, jeez... XD

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Wearedone
I have no idea what I am looking at but a lot of people on another website (which I won't name) are going crazy over this.

What does it mean ATS????

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Pole shift?

You would not even notice that, unless you had a compass. Happens frequently (well, on a planetary time scale that is).

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Own up, who got all the Chinese doing synchronised hop scotch...You naughty person...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Luckily America have the best man at the top to deal with this???

actually, thinking about it, what do you think Trump would be like in a national emergency?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Well, Yellowstone has been doing some stuff, maybe it could be related to that? Hrmm

(post by andy06shake removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Wearedone

I saw a report on the BBC that there was a software glitch in earthquake detecting/monitoring equipment that meant alerts were going out for past events as if they were happening now. Could that explain what's going on?
www.keyt.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The thread title reminded me of something I read a few years ago that some of you interested in actual science instead of fearmongering pseudoscience may find interesting. While tremors that can be felt all over the world are unlikely except in the case of something catastrophic like a large asteroid impact, large megathrust earthquakes can alter Earth's rotation and cause Earth to wobble slightly on its axis. These effects can't be felt by people however.

From the Wikipedia page on the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake/tsunami:

The shift of mass and the massive release of energy very slightly altered the Earth's rotation. The exact amount is not yet known, but theoretical models suggest the earthquake shortened the length of a day by 2.68 microseconds, due to a decrease in the oblateness of the Earth.[34] It also caused the Earth to minutely "wobble" on its axis by up to 2.5 cm (1 in) in the direction of 145° east longitude,[35] or perhaps by up to 5 or 6 cm (2.0 or 2.4 in).[36] However, because of tidal effects of the Moon, the length of a day increases at an average of 15 µs per year, so any rotational change due to the earthquake will be lost quickly. Similarly, the natural Chandler wobble of the Earth, which in some cases can be up to 15 m (50 ft), will eventually offset the minor wobble produced by the earthquake.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

I have been doing some research into how moon can cause earthquakes and I looked up the perigee today and the date correlates to the Guatemala quake-23rd of June.

This is seven times now that I've linked the moon to earthquakes.

edit on 23-6-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have read about this whole planetary ascension thing that started happening. Supposedly our planet is changing frequency/density and the increase quake activity is a side effect. To go along with that, humanity, most of us anyway, are along for the ride. The spiritual awakening, or how ever you describe this change in your circle, co-insides with this planetary change. I can snowball this reply into a huge other thread of about where I think this is really going but that's for perhaps another topic.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I felt crossing S waves about three pm in North Texas.....lasted for just a few, maybe five seconds.....felt like disorienting wiggle just a little bit.....sittin in my car at the build site.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

But from what I actually see, something set them off at the same time! The question is "what"!

First thing I noticed too, mostly the same time. Thats impossible unless its a computer glitch.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: LanceCorvette

I have been doing some research into how moon can cause earthquakes and I looked up the perigee today and the date correlates to the Guatemala quake-23rd of June.

This is seven times now that I've linked the moon to earthquakes.

Congratulations. Maybe you should think of publishing such instances.

I'd be interested in "how moon" can cause earthquakes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join