It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, I know Bill Hicks would probably hate my political beliefs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Well, those critics of yours are not exactly wrong. Hicks hated hypocrisy and the establishment more than anything, two things Trump wholly embodies. And I don't think they mean to imply that the opposite would be true, I know Hicks would have loathed Clinton too. Any authoritarian really.

Back to that first part though. Trump ran as a liberal left wing in 2000 and failed, he supported Hillary in 2008 and failed, then magically he's phoned by Bill before the election and suddenly Trump announces that he's changed and running Republican? I don't buy it. He's just another unqualified shill lusting for power in the political ring and people eat up the bull# pouring from his mouth. They crave it. He lies compulsively. He's starting WW3, dismantling NATO alliances, dividing the country, which his supporters claimed Clinton would do (and she would have too), but suddenly it's okay!

But you, personally, I doubt Hicks would have had a problem with. You've tried to be consistent and call out issues on both "sides" (the phony divide) and whatnot. You try to see multiple sides and ideas in a situation and dont make absurd generalisations about people (which otherwise has been the trend on ATS the past year)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Well said Grambler.

I would have loved to have had a beer with Carlin or Hitchens or Hicks. But I would have loved to debate them even more. I would have been honored to get screamed at by Bill.

You would have done well. You always articulate your positions very well.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Is it weird that I hear Bill Hick's voice in my head when I read your posts?

I think more people should use celebrity avatars. It would make my time on ATS much more enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

You seem to have accurately summed it up. Hicks was not very keen on the direction, even back then, everything was obviously going to anyone paying attention. He sure wouldn't have had a popular opinion nowadays because he would constantly be mocking both the right and left in this country. Something that's not very well received in the current political scheme.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No, the implication would be that Bill Hicks was not a man who would support the "lesser" of two evils, because he would be so utterly disgusted by both, that he would rather throw a molotov than be forced to pick between a bullet to the gut or a knife in the back. He would not have been fooled into accepting that paradigm what so ever.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Grambler my friend, we've had our ups and downs...

But in all honesty, I'd say that anyone who says that to you is an idiot.
Of the highest calibre...

Not to mention full to the brim with hubris...

I mean what are they trying to do...
Shame you...
That's pathetic in itself...

Or are they making the claim that the legendary Bill Hicks would have supported their ideology...
That's just arrogant bullsh*t...

Ignore them, my friend.

I think Bill would have enjoyed your input on this website over a great many, including myself, despite how much I loved his work.

PS: my brother has "It's Just A Ride" tattooed across his chest. An homage to the great Bill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join