It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iraqs new goverment as bad as the last?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
So bush went into iraq to remove an evil dictator who was committing human rights violations but nothing much has changed so far. The new administration is committing human rights violations admittedly not as bad as saddam so far but detentions without warrants are increasing claiming emergency laws. But the law states they must be put in front of a judge within 24 hours which is not happening.

There are also allegation of torture of suspected insurgents to get confessions plus parading them in front of televisions camera is a clear breach of their human rights.

So what do you all think?

Is Iraq going to slowly creep back to its old ways of torture and intimidation?

I'm not in the least bit surprised with the example america and the western world is protraying to the rest of the world with detentions without trial, torturing of prisoners in gitmo and the abuse of prisoners in iraq. How else do they expect they are to act when that is the example of 'freedom' that they see.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
As long as the new government is a puppet government of the U.S,I consider it as bad as the old one.The only difference is that this time it's so call a government with democratic system unlike the last one.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
So bush went into iraq to remove an evil dictator who was committing human rights violations but nothing much has changed so far.

THere are no death squads. THe government hasn't gassed its own civilians. It hasn't invaded its neighbhors for oil and power. Rape no longer a tool of the state.

The new administration is committing human rights violations admittedly not as bad as saddam so far but detentions without warrants are increasing claiming emergency laws.

So, in other words, they're being tough on crime.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No it will not be like under Saddam, he killer people for "fun" in the other hand he did not stood for a theocracy.

Now they do and under theocracy comes other very unsavory results.

Does Islamic Radicals comes to mind, in the lest accessible cities of the country?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Iraqs new government if without exposure to western culture will proabaly resort to becoming close to what is was under SH. This is because of the culture of the way people were raised..in fear and danger of the SH regime.
Evolution takes time and not merely from a change of government. Raised by the sword, live by the sword. We'll see.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
well lets hope we're wrong

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
So bush went into iraq to remove an evil dictator who was committing human rights violations but nothing much has changed so far. The new administration is committing human rights violations admittedly not as bad as saddam so far but detentions without warrants are increasing claiming emergency laws. But the law states they must be put in front of a judge within 24 hours which is not happening.

There are also allegation of torture of suspected insurgents to get confessions plus parading them in front of televisions camera is a clear breach of their human rights.

So what do you all think?

Is Iraq going to slowly creep back to its old ways of torture and intimidation?

I'm not in the least bit surprised with the example america and the western world is protraying to the rest of the world with detentions without trial, torturing of prisoners in gitmo and the abuse of prisoners in iraq. How else do they expect they are to act when that is the example of 'freedom' that they see.

Come on... They have only had the elections a few days ago.. What proof do you have that this is going on? Do you have any supporting links to stories detailing what you mention?

Unless I'm mistaken, and i will stand corrected here, has the Iraqi president been announced yet? I was under the impression it took a few weeks to sort out. Maybe I'm wrong?.

top topics

join