It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Block Scheduled Witnesses from Testifying in House Intel Probe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In what appears to be one of the few options Dems have left
in pursuit of the the witch hunt, they continue to block
scheduled witnesses testimony in the Russia "probe".

House Democrats are continuing to block testimony from about a dozen witnesses who sought to appear before the intelligence oversight panel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election.

freebeacon.com...

All the while blaming the Rebpublicans for not cooperating!

Specifically, one member seems to be the ring
leader in getting nowhere in a hurry.

Schiff has asserted in the past that evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign is "more than circumstantial," contrary to other intelligence and congressional oversight members who have said there is no evidence.

On Sunday, Schiff appeared to back off his earlier comments somewhat. Pressed on ABC News to explain the nature of the evidence of collusion, the lawmaker said: "Well, I think there is evidence. I can't go into the particulars of our closed investigation.

How much time do they need to "prepare" summed
up equals how long can they stall it out?

How much time and money should they be allowed to
waste before enough is enough?

edit on 21-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Heh. Carter Page was supposed to testify in a closed session, but the Dems cancelled his appearance. Several other Trump people are described as being willing to testify, but the committee hasn't even scheduled appearances yet.

I say there is "more than circumstantial" evidence that these hearings are just an attempt to keep the Russia narrative on life support as long as possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Gotta love our elected officials trying to suppress the truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They have been exposed...

They don't want the truth.

They want free things from people who work their a$$e$ off.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships
So everyone wants an investigation until someone really starts investigating and then the democrats are scared to death something is going to get done.

Either do your job or resign!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I say there is "more than circumstantial" evidence that these hearings are just an attempt to keep the Russia narrative on life support as long as possible.

They have blocked a dozen scheduled witnesses,
there is only one explanation, you said it!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The thing is that the Democrats do not need prof of Trump doing anything in order to vote for impeachment, that is what they rely on, they really don't need any prof get a vote.

Occurs that is if they can get a hold on the majority in congress, I mean any majority, but darn the seats are starting to get elusive this days.

No matter how much money they spend on the special elections the needed majority is eluding them.

So I wonder what they have left to campaign against the Republicans and Trump on the mid term.

This is getting pathetic.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Please let this backfire on Schiff and all the other obstructionists. Why is nobody on the streets right now and demanding the other side to testify? Go figure. I hope this bullsh!t gonna end soon. What a waste of time and tax payer money. They should be forced to reimburse every single tax payer dollar that is wasted.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Have you read on the 13 lawyers that Mueller hired, costing millions to the tax payer and nobody is saying anything about it.

Already a year on this witch hunt and nothing to show for, the thing is that with Mueller he can drag this for as long as he wants.

edit on 21-6-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I posted a duplicate thread, and here is what I put on it.

Well we know that Carter Page is one of the central people accused of colluding with Russia. And we have also heard from Democrats that they want a thorough investigation that is done quickly to get to the truth of the matter.

So it may surprise you to know that the democrats are delaying the testimony of Carter Page.

House Democrats are continuing to block testimony from about a dozen witnesses who sought to appear before the intelligence oversight panel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Congressional officials said one of the key witnesses, former informal adviser to the Trump campaign Carter Page, was scheduled to testify at a closed hearing of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

freebeacon.com...

What could possibly be the reason for this. The Democrats claim they need more time, but this is ridiculous. Why can't they let him go on the record, the call him back if more information comes to light?

Remember the threads and outrage about how sessions was not going to testify under the appropriations committee? "What does he have to hide? Is he now going to not testify publicly? What is he trying to hide?"

Well what are the Democrats holding this up for?

Maybe this has something to do with it.

Schiff was not asked about why witnesses have not appeared before the panel but said the committee is "far closer to the beginning of the investigation than we are to the end"—suggesting Democrats plan to draw out the probe for many months.

There is the answer! The Democrats don't want the issue to be resolved. They want this to drag on as long as possible, so that it can be a cloud over the administration. If they were really on concerned about solving our election integrity, they would want all of the relevant people to testify as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, lets not forget Page, Manafort, and Stone all claim they are eager to testify.

It seems odd the accused are eager to testify under oath, but the accuser are dragging out the process as long as possible.

Just like with the DNC refusal to let the FBI investigate their server, this is yet another example of what we all knew, the democrats aren't interested in making sure elections are secure, they are interested in political gamesmanship.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What are they so scared we will see?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

who cares how long it takes?.....the right-wing doesn't give a damn how long it takes, or how much money needs to be spent on any congressional investigations involving democrats.....your questions are moot and a joke

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

If they actually allow testimony,
I think they are scared there will be found
once again as fools for Clinton. They followed Her
after she ran a shoddy campaign, her scapegoat
schene and have zero credibility left!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Things like this are only hurting the dems even more. They keep shooting themselves in the foot over and over. This is what happens when your hatred is so strong that youre able to lie and spin so much bs every day to the point where you self destruct.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Martin75

If they actually allow testimony,
I think they are scared there will be found
once again as fools for Clinton. They followed Her
after she ran a shoddy campaign, her scapegoat
schene and have zero credibility left!

I think that is the answer exactly. If they run an investigation then they have to let an investigation take place. I don't think they are wanting us to see anything. Just keep being led along blindly by the division.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

geez, maybe Mueller has something to do with that....and let's not forget.....REPUBLICANS CONTROL WHO GETS CALLED TO TESTIFY!!!.....democrats have no say over who gets called WITHOUT permission from the party in power......you simply don't know what you are talking about, but nice try

link   
Page seems ready for action.....

"In support of that forthcoming appearance, I have recently been in contact with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and other Justice Department officials regarding the multiple outstanding requests for immediate release of the illegitimate FISA warrants that were allegedly filed by the Obama Administration against me in 2016," Page said in the May 22 letter. He was referring to Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court warrants reportedly issued.

Why is the gop letting the dems stall?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They have Robert Reich started a fund for it.

www.newsweek.com...

This is going to backfire, they are clueless as to why
they keep losing. Desperation....

link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Things like this are only hurting the dems even more. They keep shooting themselves in the foot over and over. This is what happens when your hatred is so strong that youre able to lie and spin so much bs every day to the point where you self destruct.

who controls congress?????....you are creating a situation that does not exist........if the republican leadership of the congressional committee's want to call a witness, THEY CAN!!......

link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: Grambler

geez, maybe Mueller has something to do with that....and let's not forget.....REPUBLICANS CONTROL WHO GETS CALLED TO TESTIFY!!!.....democrats have no say over who gets called WITHOUT permission from the party in power......you simply don't know what you are talking about, but nice try

You are wrong. Here is the article proving the democrats said they need more time and have delayed page's testimony.

Congressional officials said one of the key witnesses, former informal adviser to the Trump campaign Carter Page, was scheduled to testify at a closed hearing of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

But Democrats on the committee blocked the testimony, asserting they needed more time to prepare.

freebeacon.com...

Please post your link that the Democrats are not able to delay testimony.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join