It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ishango Bone religion and a laughing baboon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Personally speaking I have never had a problem with Religion and luckily I now have a career that allows me to look and study everything from Nanse and the birds, Nabatean Agriculture, Henry Cornelius Agrippa right up to present day beliefs like Catholicism, Islam,Hindu Buddism etc. What’s also beneficial about my work I get to work with some of the best minds in Universe on the above subject matter. I do often wonder if some of my colleagues originally wrote some of this stuff, their knowledge is so great. It’s rather humbling in a way, but anyway ….
Recently however somebody asked me to explain my current understanding of Religion. Knowing that Hedjer needed a good laugh,I gave them a torch and I threw out a bone, a very old bone that would predate every religious belief since sumer and told them to equate the communality of numbers in every religious belief into the bone - ie The spiritual significance of numbers(which is universal, same in every religion) using the notches on the bone:
The bone was the Ishango bone - date apronx 9000BC - this is what they got

Left Column

19 — Faith

17 — Victory

13 — Apostacy

11 — Disorder and judgement

60 — Pride

Centre column

7 — Resurrection; Spiritual completeness; Fathers perfection

5 — Pentatuech

4 — Creation

1 — New Beginnings
1 — New Beginnings

9 — Divine completeness

8 — New Birth

4 — Creation

6 — Man Weakness

3 — Divine completeness

4 — Creation
8 — New Birth

Right Column

9 — Divine completeness

19 — Faith

21 — Exceeding sinfulness of sin

11 — Disorder and judgement

60 — Pride

The baboon hasn’t stopped laughing - Religion can it really be that easy - just wondering
08a429519e8265b61e0158c3016607f982c7625c35d5d5e06341df6e29e3f7e3

edit on 19-6-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

I want to agree with you...heck I'd even like to understand you.
So Pardon my ignorance here, but where does the baboon fit in?
And the long trail of numbers following the baboon comment.

What does it all mean?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The Ishango bone is a bone tool, dated to the Upper Paleolithic era. It is a dark brown length of bone, the fibula of a baboon,[2] with a sharp piece of quartz affixed to one end, perhaps for engraving. It was first thought to be a tally stick, as it has a series of what has been interpreted as tally marks carved in three columns running the length of the tool. It has also been suggested that the scratches might have been to create a better grip on the handle or for some other non-mathematical reason.[3] Wikipedia

So a bone with lots of marks on it?
With no symbols, with no real evidence of its age.

Maybe its the ultimate religious icon of humanity, or a bone from a baboon somebody kept a score of the hot meals he had on
edit on 19-6-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

So some folks read a lot into the mere markings on the bone as if to make it of some importance to the existence of humankind? Seems a bit of a stretch.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
God hates counting. Its people who are obsessed with price tagging reality.

The connections and patterns of numerals, when we search them out and understand them, reveal the handiwork of Satan.

new topics

top topics

join