It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Secret Catholic Exorcist Cult in Brazil Is Making a Deal with the Devil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Plinio Correa de Oliveira founded the Tradition, Family and Property Association (TFP) in the 1960's, but died in 1995. The TFP split and one side still retains the TFP name and (I assume) are more or less following the Catholic church. But the other 1/2 is where it gets interesting.

Plinio Correa de Oliveira is almost as peculiar in death as he was in life. Dr. Plinio, as he is still known by his devout followers, was a right-wing Catholic figure who founded the ultra conservative Tradition, Family and Property Association, known in Catholic circles as the TFP.

In the early 1960s, he famously came to Rome to protest the opening of the Second Vatican Council, which sought to modernize the Catholic Church in a changing era. He called such attempts at renewal “a point in history as sad as the death of our Lord” and handed out propaganda with similar sentiments.

SO the other side is called the Heralds of the Gospel, and allegedly are into cult worship....Normally I say who cares, I am not Catholic, but there was an inquiry by the Vatican’s Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life. So I imagine there is something making the machine behind the scene look into this.

After Dr. Plinio died in 1995, the TFP broke into two groups. One retains the TFP name and supports the recent claims of dubia or doubts launched against Pope Francis.
The other group, known as the Heralds of the Gospel, was founded by Monsignor João Scognamiglio Clá Dias and allegedly takes part in cult worship.
The extent of Plinio’s supernatural proclaimed by Dias (or at least the extent to which his followers exalt him for that perceived power) is the subject of a new inquiry by the Vatican’s Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life, according to Tornielli.

João Scognamiglio Clá Dias leader of the Heralds of the Gospel. (Looks like a Catholic leader)

Here is where it gets odd. The Heralds of the Gospel use rogue exorcism practices that allows them to communicate with the devil. And if I understand correctly, Dias is just continuing Oliveira's practices. The issue is this, (I think) they communicate with the devil through some poor possessed person. So the groups supposedly uses people who are possessed to talk to the devil. Not good.

Dr. Plinio’s followers led by Dias are said to be using rogue exorcism practices in which they actually communicate with the devil possessing people rather than chasing him out, as the standard accepted practice in Catholic exorcisms dictates.

According to Catholic sociologist Massimo Introvigne, who has studied Dr. Plinio’s life work, the Heralds of the Gospel form “a sort of secret and extravagant cult,” with its trinity composed of “Plinio Correa de Oliveira, his mother Donna Lucilia, and Monsignor Clá Días himself.”
www.thedailybeast.com...

As you can imagine this would not sit well with the church. The group put out videos that show exorcisms that did not have the go ahead from the church. What oh what are on the videos you ask? Well just a conversation with the devil. Needless to say, the church is pissed.
The video exorcism, with Pllinio Correa de Oliveria translating (a video before his death in 1995), says the devil owns the Vatican, the devil is responsible for global warming and a meteor is going to crash into the Atlantic ocean. This will wipe out N America.

www.thedailybeast.com...
Particularly damning for the cult-like group is a series of videos on the internet that show exorcisms using practices not authorized by the Catholic Church. They include purported conversations between the exorcists and the devil, which is a no-no in standard exorcism procedures. (Yes, exorcism as such remains a staple of the faith and authorized practitioners are not only recognized but recommended by Pope Francis.)
n one passage from a video seen by The Daily Beast, Dias asks one of his minions to read from a transcript that was purportedly jotted down by an observer at one of the rogue exorcisms encompassing what appears to be dialogue between the exorcist and Satan.

The Vatican's investigation is no joke, and João Scognamiglio Clá Dias and the Heralds of the Gospel could be kicked out of the church. This is weird stuff. I tend to steer clear of this sort of dark info. If you are a Christian, guess what...Evil and all it entails is a real part of the deal.

admin edit: At the request of
Juan Miguel Montes
Director, Rome Bureau of Tradition Family Property (TFP) the following response has been added:

The Original TFP and the Heralds of the Gospel Are Two Completely Different Institutions

In the face of news stories on the Heralds of the Gospel circulated mostly by media and blogs of Catholic inspiration, it becomes necessary to make a clarification in the name of numerous members and founders of the Brazilian TFP and at least 28 organizations throughout the world inspired by the work of Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira. In fact, the well-known Brazilian thinker and man of action gave rise to a reality that was entirely different from that of the Heralds of the Gospel.

Although a provisional judicial ruling in Brazil has given them legal possession of the TFP there and in some other countries, the Heralds of the Gospel do not continue the thought, practices, and action that characterized Prof. Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira, the moral founder of this vast spiritual family. Instead, they organized themselves under a name he never knew during his life (1908-1995).

Numerous people who followed Prof. Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira for decades—be it due to their close proximity to him resulting from family and/or civil and institutional relations, be it others like the undersigned who represented him in Rome in the last twelve years of his life—unanimously testify to the fact that nothing similar to the stories narrated in the videos and news items circulating about the Heralds of the Gospel ever occurred in the presence of the Brazilian TFP’s founder, or, to the best of their knowledge, in any of the TFP associations.

Juan Miguel Montes
Director, Rome Bureau of Tradition Family Property (TFP)

edit on 6-19-2017 by Springer because: Added response per the request from a party involved

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is today the day of the religious nuts?

In one thread Jezzuz is about to appear, here cultists deal with the "devil"...

And i idiot thought we would live in the year 2017, not in the year 17 after that fairy tale figure...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wow, very crazy stuff! What I have a hard time understanding is on one hand the (early) group is denouncing the Vatican 2 modernization of the church dogma. But on the other side of it, they speak to the "devil"? Isn't that like breaking the fundamental rule in traditional catholicism(and most likely new ones)? Sounds like something very sinister all around.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Dr. Plinio’s followers led by Dias are said to be using rogue exorcism practices in which they actually communicate with the devil possessing people rather than chasing him out, as the standard accepted practice in Catholic exorcisms dictates

Sounds like something you might read about in a Medieval grimoire. That sort of magic would have included attempts to communicate with and control demonic entities; and in the Medieval period, would have been primarily practiced by priests.

Interesting stuff, Seasonal.

edit on 18-6-2017 by imwilliam because: moved my semi colon, as if it's any of your #ing business

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is weird stuff.

No it is not, you gullible fool.

The parties involved may have nefarious intentions for sure, but there is no communication with "the Devil", the second entity fabricated by those kicking off 2 millennia of Social Engineering.

The first is just as silly...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Is today the day of the religious nuts?

In one thread Jezzuz is about to appear, here cultists deal with the "devil"...

And i idiot thought we would live in the year 2017, not in the year 17 after that fairy tale figure...

No more irrelevant than the threads by those who believe in politics/politicians as a religion, is it?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73
Derogatory towards a group.
POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

No, not even remotely the same. Thinking that you are talking to a make believe thing (Satan) via an exorcism is nuts.
edit on Sun Jun 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

So what do ya think about the thread?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I thought Politicians had the exclusive right to that.

Actually Satan is a fallen angels, one of the sons of god.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: itsallmaya

The story is confusing.

From what I could understand is the original group was into the culty stuff. Then they split and 1/2 is dastardly and the other is following the church.

Again confusing.
edit on 18-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Thanks for the gullible fool talk.

You did not prove anything in your post.

Please try again.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
For those interested in the topic:

Secret Doctrine of the Heralds

The above article includes a video, which according to the article, shows the founder and a room full of members of the Heralds reacting to a transcript of an exorcism.

The video isn't in English, Portuguese I'm guessing, but the article goes into quite a bit of detail about what is being said.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
REMINDER!!!!

STAY ON TOPIC...

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

so a cult has a schism - and now dummy spitting ensues -

wow - this has never EVAR happened before

^ may contain sarcasm

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

There for sure is going to be ramifications to the Heralds of the Gospel doing their "own thing".

I think the fear is they will go "underground". I suppose if things are kept as is then the church can keep their eye on them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join