It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan looks like an angel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
you know I am having a hard time finding anything about Lucifer, or about his apperance in biblical areasl. A lot the information people get about angels and deamons comes from the Poem "Paradise lost" by John milton which was published in the 1650s

A lot of religions have used it to better illistrate Satan and the angels. But I highly doubt its ability to know the truth on how heaven and hell works

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam
... jsut like the new chosen people are the greeks.

The Greeks? Why are they so special?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
666 is thought to be a coded name of one of the ruling ceasars at the time i forgot which one but it was each letter of the name given a number then added up. that tactic was used a lot back in that time.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The Bible says that Satan is an angel and is capable of taking on any shape he desires. Remember that the next time you leave your children with your neighborhood Catholic Priest.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel, for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Satan comes to us as an "angel of light". He is very deceptive, and only comes to steal, kill and destroy. So beware of the wiles of the devil! He beguiles and deceives.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel, for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Satan comes to us as an "angel of light". He is very deceptive, and only comes to steal, kill and destroy. So beware of the wiles of the devil! He beguiles and deceives.

And if so....are all these people who are having near death experiences seeing him?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

You can see above that satan and lucifer are one in the same.
Lucifer the name before the fall, satan the name after.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.

He can appear as whatever he wants.
That is why you are told to test the spirits.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There are 2 kinds of people out there. Let's say, for example, you had a vision where Christ came to you.

Some would ask, what did he look like. I'll bet some of you thought that when you read that vision statement.

The other people want to know what he said.

Just wanted to mention that.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I was just wondering, does anyone actually believe there is a devil, the idea just seems so ... ridiculous. The idea that there is one powerful deity-like creature continually striving to make us all evil, in a place where anyone who is evil will remain for all eternity. Doesn't it seem a bit pointless? If there is a supreme being or beings, dont you think that the concept of good and evil would be completely irrelevent or unknown to them. It would be kind of like, for example, crocodiles. Crocodiles kill because of their instinct, not because they are evil. We as intelligent humans have deemed certain acts "good" and "evil", and I just can't help feeling that if there are higher powers out there then they would have evolved (or manifested or whatever) themselves above such things as good and evil.

Anyone else feel like this?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
In all honesty, yes, I have always found the idea a bit rediculous....but just because I don't yet see the point, I still believe in it.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Interesting etymology:

"Satan" stems from the Hebrew meaning "adversary." Prior to this designation being used exclusively for the Christian evil god, it was just a noun.

"Lucifer" means "light-bringing." The biblical Lucifer actually referred to the King of Babylon (Isaiah 14.4), not the fallen angel who became Satan.

Personally, I think the story of Satan's fall from grace was cribbed from the Greek's Prometheus legend.

Oh, if the Greeks are the new "chosen people," they'd better learn to make tastier pizza! *grins*

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Originally posted by ivanglam
... jsut like the new chosen people are the greeks.

The Greeks? Why are they so special?

I dont know why, but apperently it was mentioned on another forum that the 'new' chosen people were the Greeks. Just like the 'new' chosen angel wasnt Lucifer, but rather Gabriel.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It is said that even Satan can come as an angle of light , after all his is just mimicing his original appearance as The Angle who was and is The Son of The Morning, but realistically I believe he can only come to those weak of faith in that way.

I say that because there are several references of how those faithful and true shall see him in his present state and not his old state. This is referred to as blindness in the bible in a couple of places and a veil in others , same basic principle is that the truth comes to those who seek it and in the light is where truth dwells , therefore Lucifer has no power to hide it because Evil looses its power in the Light.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnocent
Well, the bible mentions satan having horns. He is portrayed as having animal characteristics because humanity (we) feels the need to deny that we too are animals. That would be a huge blow to the ego wouldn't it?

Everything in the bible is "imagery" Satan is NOT an animal at all! Satan does not exist....it's the dark forces that exist...it's what keeps us from our mission on earth, "material", "money", "ego" and so on.....but hell and satan are things that does not exist in a physical way! It's a way to make people fear and obey....forget about lucifer and his horns hihi
But maybe the third and last antichrist will look like a nice looking blond guy, but that is in a figured way. Remember, the bible was written 2000 years ago...use your soul to find the truth behind it.

Dear people, I wanna tell you to have faith in yourself and love unconditionaly....that is my quote, the rest is probably "satan", I tell you!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Originally posted by Sinnocent
Well, the bible mentions satan having horns. He is portrayed as having animal characteristics because humanity (we) feels the need to deny that we too are animals. That would be a huge blow to the ego wouldn't it?

Yes the snake issues and the demon appearances where symbolisims, for example the snake was the lowest traveling creatur and very deadly therefor , the symbolization was that Lucifer would lead to a down fall so low that you where not ever going to rise again on your own two feet and that falling into Lucifers hold would lead to your spiritual death or the seperation from God forever as the second death is often taken seriously but should only be taken as a permanent seperation from God.

Everything in the bible is "imagery" Satan is NOT an animal at all! Satan does not exist....it's the dark forces that exist...it's what keeps us from our mission on earth, "material", "money", "ego" and so on.....but hell and satan are things that does not exist in a physical way!

Not true Lucifer was an angle in heaven "The Son Of The Morning" He led a rebellion based on lust for that which God possesed and when he was cast out he began the attacking of men to get at God cause his creation of man was most cherished to him in Lucifers eyes since he cant destroy God and is soon to be forever imprisioned he has set out to destroy the cherished creation not by death but by having them turn from God, using that very free will that was first given to the angels and was thought by Lucifer to not be worthy of man's , Lucifer was jealous of man for the gift that was originally given to those closest to God in Heaven, he thought man didnt deserve such a cherished item.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I believe the reason why everybody sees satan the way they see him today is because of the stereotype written behind him. Umm, The horns came from the goat. I do not know where 13 and 666 came from. Also, I do not know where the goat head came from either. I would like to know though. It would be pretty interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
I believe the reason why everybody sees satan the way they see him today is because of the stereotype written behind him. Umm, The horns came from the goat. I do not know where 13 and 666 came from. Also, I do not know where the goat head came from either. I would like to know though. It would be pretty interesting.

They see it that way because they read the bible and misinterpreted it.
I've heard about crossbreed genetics in ancient times, when they were very evoluted in Atlantis...the created human-animals via cloning and genetics that caused weird species coming out of it....they worshipped them, but that is just one of many theories hehe

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Jesus says that He was there when he saw the Devil get cast out of Heaven like a lightning bolt. There are many other references to the Devil, but this is the only one I've noticed that came from the mouth of Jesus. I could be wrong, though; I just happened to be reading through Luke when I saw this thread and Jesus's comment jumped out at me as a result.

Let he who has eyes

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Originally posted by creamsoda

They see it that way because they read the bible and misinterpreted it.
I've heard about crossbreed genetics in ancient times, when they were very evoluted in Atlantis...the created human-animals via cloning and genetics that caused weird species coming out of it....they worshipped them, but that is just one of many theories hehe

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It may come as a surprise to you that the bible also mentions this.
Tho I am sure that some here will not be surprised

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I think that fits with this story, and the UFOs, evolution etc...

But then, since you deny God, and everything else he said, I doubt you will understand.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yeah I understand what you mean, it is sad that some many people are able to speak agianst God. I can understand if you choose not to believe in him or even not to worship him, but why would you speak agianst him???

Thoughts on Rumors-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join