It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan looks like an angel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have been reading quite a few things on satan lately, and I wanted to try to clear some stuff up that has been part of the confusion that has been brought up about him. First of all Satan doesn't have horns or some wierd tail, or even be red. Technically shouldn't he look like an Angel? Why is it that the number 13 was realted to the devil, I don't understand any conection between the two. As for the number of six-six-six isn't that related to the Antichrist or something? Also where did the whole idea of him having a pitchfork come from? I don't know to much on the subject, but I will look into it , anyones input would be grately appreciated.

Thoughts on Rumors-

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well, the bible mentions satan having horns. He is portrayed as having animal characteristics because humanity (we) feels the need to deny that we too are animals. That would be a huge blow to the ego wouldn't it?

Christianity is based on denying your "animal" (carnal or mundane) natural instincts (because they are evil and hurt others, according to christians).

I don't believe in "God" or Satan. I view God as an externalization of man's ego and Satan something to threaten church-followers with ("Satan leads you to temptation", etc)

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Satan is a red headed bartender with a girlish figure.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but from what i remember reading in the bible....satan indeed was an angel....the most beautiful one in fact. he was also refered to as a serpant....no horns there....not sure where the horns and the tail and pitchfork thing came in. anyways thats all i know...hope it helped.
HoundDog

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There are really only two visual cues of Satan. First is the serpent in the garden of Eden. The other is dipicted by artists based Satan on the Greek god Pan. he probly looks like an agel, yet we really dont know what angels look like in their true form either

The number 13 is based on the Last supper. 12 apostles of Jesus one of which is the betrayer. 12+1=13. Kind of like having a 5th accidently come over for bridge

As for 666 it is really a number and should only be thought of as such. But often it is thought of as the holy number 7 (4 gospels plus holy trinity) less one, which makes it triple bad

As for the pitchfork no one knows since pitchforks were used in medival times (which is when it appeared) to help throw hay. Maybe it was a type of unholy harvest satan was trying to do

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
As for the pitchfork no one knows since pitchforks were used in medival times (which is when it appeared) to help throw hay. Maybe it was a type of unholy harvest satan was trying to do

Pan carried a trident. It was modified into a pitchfork.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
A lot of the traditions concerning Satan came from medieval times in which good was always equated with beauty, and ugliness with evil. The horns come from his representation in Revelation as a Dragon, and the tail as well. As for cloven feet and the goatee, I'm not sure where that came in, but it was through folktales and religious stories at some point in history.

666 technically has little to do with Satan, it is the number of the False Prophet of the Antichrist. Not the Antichrist himself, but his False Prophet. I posted a bit on this in the Research Forum in the project on Revelation.

As for 13, there are different reasons why it is considered satanic. For instance, take the digits of 616 (an alternate mark of the beast number found in older manuscripts of Revelation) and add them. You will get 13.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
No where does it ever state Satan with ant horns in the bible...that comes from the God Pan...since Pagans worshiped Pan who was god of nature and had horns, hooves and tail....the church took this and made it into Satan! The bible states that Lucifer was the most beautiful of all angels and gods chosen, favored angel! He would be, if you believe he exists....very good looking...not ugly!

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't feel like hauling out the Good Book right now, but check the book of Revelation.

I did not say that Satan has horns. I said that the impression has been laid on him as he is described as a dragon in Revelation, which has seven heads and ten horns. And his tail drew 1/3 of the angels in heaven down to earth.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
ladyv - I believe lucifer was actually a cherub. I will try and find supporting detail for that. The 13 number to my knowledge is from the 12 disciples, one was added due to the loss of Judas. Back on Lucifer, he is a 4th dimensional entity and can appear however he wants. Try reading in the catholic bible, it has a lot of books that were taken out of the king james. I think a lot of times we put too much emphasis on trying to make the spiritual mesh with the physical. Appearance is a physical thing, and when talking about angels the rules of existance are all different.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
666 = man trying to be god...or the False prophet.

3=the holy trinity
6=man
7=god or atleast a spiritual number
3 sixes is Man trying to be god.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
I don't feel like hauling out the Good Book right now, but check the book of Revelation.

I did not say that Satan has horns. I said that the impression has been laid on him as he is described as a dragon in Revelation, which has seven heads and ten horns. And his tail drew 1/3 of the angels in heaven down to earth.

Revelation was written based on a vision.. Many things in Rev. are exageraed.

I doubt anything in that book is going to happen ... I dont see any dreagons anywhere... Very metaphorical...

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Satan looks like God . He was created in exact likeness to God,thus the will to be god, thus his bannishment from heaven..

I still stand by Satan(Lucifer) and God working together.. After all, Lucifer is Gods Favored Angel....

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Satan takes on many forms in the bible. Yes at one time he is the most beautiful of all angels in heaven He rejects God and is thrown to earth where eh then takes teh shape of a serpent to trick adam and eve. Therefor that alludes us to the fact taht Satan can cahnge into whatever he wants to decieve you. Its not like many people actually are decieved by satan himslef all the time but he has the ability to take the form of many things. It says in teh bible the antichrist will be satan incarnite. I believe satan in his pure spirtual form prohably look horible now. After being seperated from God and being cast to a place where deterioration happen i would think he looks bad. Nothing in the bible states this. Its only assumed he looks a certain way through tradition and art.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Lucifer was indeed an angel, the most lovely of all the angels. The horns came later, as was mentioned earlier, they were mythological cross polination. Lucifer was once described as 'Angel' or Messenger. He also took on the mantle of Prometheus and brough light, knowledge, to mankind to inspire us to rise up with him against the creator, and so we have. Look around you, we live in hell, the sun is your partner in crime, and god is a million miles away. Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam
Satan looks like God . He was created in exact likeness to God,thus the will to be god, thus his bannishment from heaven..

I still stand by Satan(Lucifer) and God working together.. After all, Lucifer is Gods Favored Angel....

Actually your conclusion is false based on the Bible. Man is created in God image not angel. That was something set just for us since we are now Gods special creation. The angels were till they screwed up. The bible duse tell us one type of angels look nothing like man. I forgot teh type of the top of my head. Sure Lucifer could have looked like God but i doubt it based on teh scripture.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver

Actually your conclusion is false based on the Bible. Man is created in God image not angel. That was something set just for us since we are now Gods special creation. The angels were till they screwed up. The bible duse tell us one type of angels look nothing like man. I forgot teh type of the top of my head. Sure Lucifer could have looked like God but i doubt it based on teh scripture.

Lucifer was created in exact likeness to god. because of that he felt he should be worshiped alo. that is why he was bannished

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Lucifer was created in exact likeness to god. because of that he felt he should be worshiped alo. that is why he was bannished

I dont know if he was created in the exact likeness but he was the most beautiful of all the angles that God created. Lucifer felt that he was better then God and broke away from heaven. Lucifer said to God " I am as powerful as you". God said to Lucifer" If you are as powerful as I then create a man but have to make him out of nothing and cannot use any dust I have created". I think thats how it went. Anyway satin got pissed and started Hell.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the first concept of satan the annunaki of sumerican religon? Yes my avatar says annunaki lol

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

I dont know if he was created in the exact likeness but he was the most beautiful of all the angles that God created. Lucifer felt that he was better then God and broke away from heaven. Lucifer said to God " I am as powerful as you". God said to Lucifer" If you are as powerful as I then create a man but have to make him out of nothing and cannot use any dust I have created". I think thats how it went. Anyway satin got pissed and started Hell.

Maybe, but in CE class i have always been taught that satan was made in exact likeness to god, and that is why, even today lucifer was Gods 'chosen' angel........ or maybe now its Gabriel... jsut like the new chosen people are the greeks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join