It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up, Up, Down, Down..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
...Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

Damn, if only that worked in real life because it looks like we're going to need it. So how does one go from complaining about threads, that were complaining about ATS, to creating his own thread, complaining about ATS?

Here I'll show you - what the hell happen to you ATS?

"It's the people that makes the place, not the place that makes the people"

Okay, now that that is out of the way, I'm going to ramble some more. There is no secret to what is happening around us, the divide is alive and well, the partisan is out in full effect, and it seems like everyone is a step or two away from killing a kitten or self-combustion.
(Don't judge me)

Everyone has become more and more passionate, but less and less understanding. Somehow in our search for a reason, we've become more unreasonable. How can we expect others to compromise when we can't even compromise ourselves? All we do is keep our guards up to deflect, when we should instead be lowering them to reflect. To put it simply and bluntly, we've become more partisan, and less human.

Take a step back and breathe y'all..

I don't think I need to spell out the problem any further because it should be clear by now to anyone that's willing to acknowledge it, so instead I'll offer a solution - I'm introducing a new party, yes that's right!

'The Individuals'

As an individual;
You are now free to truly follow your heart!

You no longer have to agree or find an excuse for somebody or something just because they have the same letter beside their name as you.

You no longer have to disagree with somebody or something just because they have a different letter beside their name than you.

You no longer have to be afraid of large brushes or getting offended because as an individual, you are paint proof and you don't belong to any group!

As an individual, you no longer have to feel a certain way based on what you think you should be feeling, but now you're able to feel exactly how you want to, without any fear of repercussions!

As an individual, there's no wins or losses and there's no right or wrong, because you make your own decisions and you live with your own decisions. That's all that should matter to you.

That's right folks, the only way to find true freedom within yourself and your thoughts, one must break away from the chains of partisan.

As an individual, it's quite simple - follow your heart and wherever it takes you, so be it..

Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention the most important part. My new party only has room for one. Sorry, but I'm full.

Now excuse me while I go find a tree to hug or something..

edit on 16-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: and maybe go save some kitten's while I'm at it..

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What is happening is happening in more places than ATS. What matters is its effect. It is draining, and it ruins that which was once enjoyable. I have been trying to keep a low profile of late because the atmosphere on the Internet is not only volatile, it can become toxic. I don't know if it is trolling, paid shills, or people that have just been poisoned by over exposure to the Internet and social media. I am trying to follow Angeldoll's suggestion, not to fuel a thread that is divisive, racist, or just plain hate filled.

It is often hard to do, because no matter how civil a discussion may be, someone comes along and makes that poisonous attack. They do not come for discussion, because they are so locked into their airtight ideas and beliefs, that not one ounce of reason can get through. They won't even agree to compromise, because to compromise is not an option. They come to spread their venom and to take no prisoners. The only opinion or post that is valid is their own. Everyone's else opinion is rhetoric, or they are uninformed morons.

I am very blessed that I don't see any of this around me in the real world. In fact, it seems that people are going out of their way to smile and greet those around them, more than before. I even had a young Millennial, run to open the door for me when I was going into the store the other day. I hope this nastiness we are seeing on the Internet, remains confined to the Internet, and I hope that it will die a fast death here.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi Hunter, and thank you for another well thought out post that inspires thought, not ever cementing dogma.

On a side note, I was composing a post today in my head titled "Individuality".

I think I'll go ahead and write it now!

edit on 16-6-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Home team, away team, we are all losing ground in this pissy tug-of-war.

Politics has been perversed for ages. Choosing sides does not work. If every politician was given "independent" status with NO labels, regardless of the country we are voting in, we will be ahead of the curve.

I don't understand the vitriol. Is it pent up generational "teams" we need to root for and win?

Foreign concepts to me. I thought we all want the greater good.

Maybe just time to hit the reset button...

edit on 16-6-2017 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I love your new party ... and feel inspired to start one of my own .. simply for mois🙂

It will be my own true insights of why I see things as I do without the need to defend my viewpoints and beliefs.

Not sure what I will call it.. but that hardly matters as I would never consider running for office.😏

edit on 16-6-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
As I said in my thread about SA, I have no problem with people posting controversial views, because by sharing them openly, it gives people an opportunity to respond to them.

But as I also said you should try to represent controversial views by saying "some people believe..." instead of "This is a fact, OMG you're so dumb for disagreeing with me!"

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hey zosi.

I try, I try..

I'll be looking forward to your thread!

And btw, I took my own advice and literally went outside and hugged a tree. It's a beautiful day out and I left my phone at home and went for a stroll around the block.

Felt really good..

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That's the spirit

I'm glad I could inspire you, thanks for reading

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

For Contra on Nintendo back in the 80's / 90's it was:

up up down down left right left right b a select start.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

For Contra on Nintendo back in the 80's / 90's it was:

up up down down left right left right b a select start.

did not have to use select. both ways worked
i remember that code for some reason even though i have not played contra in 25 years

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh yeah, I knew something was missing.

Thanks.

Well atleast somebody caught the reference

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Contra was the #. Game was incredibly hard too, the cheat code was almost mandatory.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: infolurker

Oh yeah, I knew something was missing.

Thanks.

Well atleast somebody caught the reference

both work

www.ign.com...

30 Lives - Highlight the number of players, and then press UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: TinySickTears

Contra was the #. Game was incredibly hard too, the cheat code was almost mandatory.

pretty fun game though.
lots of fun hours with that

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have said quite a few times in the past here that the mud pit and the vitriol it creates amongst our membership is the root of the cancer on this site.

Picture ATS a shining stainless steel stove.
And the mud pit is a pot of cow excrement and pig urine left to simmer unattended..

Eventually that pot simmers over and the excrement leaks over the lip of the pan.

The once shining stove .

That burning crucible of intellect and decorum becomes tainted and no matter how hard you scrub the surface it will not matter until you take that bubbling pot of
-snip- off of the burner and throw it away like a used diaper.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Lol, great analogy.

I think the heat has turned up and we've reached the boiling point because # is flying everywhere now.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I just want to make it clear I don't blame the mods.. they spend all day scrubbing the stove . And they do the best they can.

They just don't have the authority to turn off the burner and throw away the pot..

So ...

Yeah.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

Home team, away team, we are all losing ground in this pissy tug-of-war.

Politics has been perversed for ages. Choosing sides does not work. If every politician was given "independent" status with NO labels, regardless of the country we are voting in, we will be ahead of the curve.

I don't understand the vitriol. Is it pent up generational "teams" we need to root for and win?

Well spoken,
but it brings up the point of first posters who's junk and hubris by default are only intended to agitate a somewhat polarised two party system mostly because of the often ridiculous assertions made in those posts, these are false negative posts, negative because they are directed solely toward the opposition, and not meant to boost the ego of the posters, 'side', alone which it mostly does anyway, and allows that anyone who does not agree, even for good reason, to be deemed, 'triggered' since good reason is irrelevant.

On top of that, is the hyperactive immediate response to OP's first posts by crediting them profusely in these political forums, way out of context to actual replies, perhaps our OP here might have a similar view on that, I don't know, but it doesn't look right to me. I don't really care that much about the rubbish posts, I know what they are, I would care that the given arbitrary nature of ATS, is not as arbitrary as I thought when I first came here, and indeed was much the same until a few years ago.
in edit, I should have also addressed you other point about generational needs, going back to the aspirations of the American founding fathers, it was their wish that political parties should not be, nor should the idea of 'democracy' be entertained, I guess that meant something of a benevolent government rule, not necessarily always a popular rule per se but always guiding but fair. I suppose you can take it from there.

edit on 16-6-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My party of one acknowledges your party of one and gives you a

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

We need more party of one's imo..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join