It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really weird dream! (Rare for me)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I had a really unsettling dream the other day, and it's still bothering me some. Some background first though; I generally remember my dreams in pretty good detail when I wake, and this one is no exception. However, in the same breath, I can usually reconcile my dreams, even the weird ones, afterwards. This one was far different.

The dream wasn't complex at all. In fact, the most unsettling parts about it was its simplicity.

In my dream I was standing in my living room looking out our bay window. The sun had just set, but it was still light outside, but the light was waning. There was no noise or sound, and nothing in particular was going on. Just another sunset out in the country.

A light appeared in the northern sky without warning. It didn't appear like a light bulb switching on, but over a second or two. In the next few seconds the light grew as bright as the Sun and lit up the sky (and ground) like it was high noon. Then it grew even brighter for a couple seconds. After a few more seconds the light went out, again somewhat gradually, and the twilight of sunset resumed. Everything returned to normal shortly afterwards.

In my dream I was alarmed. And that was it, this was the extent of the dream; then I woke up.

Upon waking I had this terrible foreboding feeling, almost overwhelming in scale.

It was almost like a nearby star had exploded and had gone supernova or something, and now it was just a matter of time for the shockwave to hit. I don't know, but it was most certainly unpleasant in the highest degree.

It's been bugging me ever since

What do you make of that?

edit on 6/16/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Like the day/night time-lapse cycle in a video game. Have you been playing any Far Cry or GTA?

Or like those Russian dash cam videos at night where a comet/asteroid comes into the atmosphere and streaks across the sky and lights it up?

Or when there is a distant heavy thunderstorm and a transformer blows and lights up the sky?

Or in The Truman Show when he "cues the sun" in the middle of the night to search for Truman?

You're going to have to get more detailed and creative in the way you relay the dream. The scary sensations you felt are not brought across to the reader in your grammar/verbage/etc.

edit on 16-6-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sounds like a contradiction of some sort,, maybe some recent thoughts are overlapping and incompatible, could be anything really... small things or important things..

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It was a nuke going off in America. Isn't that what we are all thinking but not saying?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wish I had shared my dream that I had several months ago. I dreamed the same dream, but it was my mother and myself standing on the porch tying to make sense out of what we were seeing. We weren't afraid just puzzled. Then my mother turned to me and said we had to go to my brother's house in Virginia to get him, because he wasn't going to be able to get out by himself. I told her she had to stay put, because everyone would try to make it to our house and someone had to be here to hold down the fort.

I remember getting out a map to pick out a route that would get me there by a water route because I knew the roadways would be at a standstill. I remember the phone ringing off the hook with everyone making plans to come to my house. My brother was begging me not to go yet, to wait for him, but I told him he had to stay with Mom and protect the others.

In my dream there were pictures and videos of utter chaos all over the TV. I don't remember seeing any physical damage of anything, just people piled up in the streets screaming and running amok in fear.

It would take a page and a half to write it all down, but I think we may have dreamt about the same thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Betelgeuse is only 430 - 650 light years from Earth and is believed to be on the verge of going supernova soon... next thousand years or so. But it's not in the Northern sky and it's not believed that it will light up as bright as the sun... maybe as bright as the moon. The supernova wouldn't have much of an effect on the Earth either... we would need to be much closer... within 50 light years.

What you describe sounds more like a nuclear explosion...

ETA... check out this map of all the stars within 50 light years of our solar system. Stars within 50 light years
edit on 16-6-2017 by Blarneystoner because: added linky

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thanks so much for posting this excellent premonitory dream.

I had a similar dream in the distant past where folks are walking around, going about their daily lives as the earth got hotter and hotter. Soon it was so hot everyone was uncomfortable, dehydrated and exhausted. Then suddenly there was a huge flash and that was the end of the dream. The implication was as if time itself had come to an end.

As for your dream, I believe it is referring to an imminent event, from the sun, of being hit by a solar mass ejection. It has happened before and one just missed us last year by only 300,000 miles. This event has been predicted by scientists, psychics and remote viewers for a very long time.

Solar Storm 1859

edit on 16-6-2017 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You wouldnt happen to be in the path of the upcoming August 21st eclipse would you?

If so, itd be like a reverse version of your dream. Day time, the suddenly dark, then light again.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

You're thinking of a Coronal Mass Ejection... giant cloud of magnetized plasma. The Carrington event happened 156 yrs ago and was pretty significant but didn't actually cause the atmosphere to heat up. It did cause some electrical fires and some lineman were electrocuted. If it happened today there would be massive loss of communications systems and widespread disruption of services... not to mention panic.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In the next few seconds the light grew as bright as the Sun and lit up the sky (and ground) like it was high noon. Then it grew even brighter for a couple seconds.

I can remember perfectly a dream like yours like you describe it.
The light that I saw was a light blue color that was covering the sky and the earth in this blue light and it was at sunset too and everything was quiet and at the end it made a huge flash and I woke up.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Man, I had dream real similar to this a few years ago, but it was a little more on the nuclear side. I've been meaning to post it for a while, I'll get around to it eventually.

I did have a freaky one the other night... I was lost in some giant university type complex. It was some what modern architecture but abandoned. For most of the dream I just wondered around trying to figure out what, if anything was going on. It wasn't concerning or scary at all, but near the end of the dream, I found my brother and another friend. We made our way into some kind of lobby, turned around and two old women came out from behind a buffet bar, it was early in the morning, we assumed it was breakfast for some kind of congregation. On our way out, one of the ladies handed me and my brother a couple of cokes and then said... "See you at the cemetery."

Didn't think much of it till I woke up, then I was like... 'wait... wtf did she say?'

Needless to say, I'm staying home this weekend.
edit on 16-6-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: saudi
When I read Flyingclaydisk's post, the first thing that hit me was how clearly I remembered the dream, even though it was several months ago.

The first thing I thought was," How many other people have had this dream?"

I just have a gnawing feeling in my gut that there may be certain synchronicity at play.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I had a really unsettling dream the other day, and it's still bothering me some. Some background first though; I generally remember my dreams in pretty good detail when I wake, and this one is no exception. However, in the same breath, I can usually reconcile my dreams, even the weird ones, afterwards. This one was far different.

The dream wasn't complex at all. In fact, the most unsettling parts about it was its simplicity.

In my dream I was standing in my living room looking out our bay window. The sun had just set, but it was still light outside, but the light was waning. There was no noise or sound, and nothing in particular was going on. Just another sunset out in the country.

A light appeared in the northern sky without warning. It didn't appear like a light bulb switching on, but over a second or two. In the next few seconds the light grew as bright as the Sun and lit up the sky (and ground) like it was high noon. Then it grew even brighter for a couple seconds. After a few more seconds the light went out, again somewhat gradually, and the twilight of sunset resumed. Everything returned to normal shortly afterwards.

In my dream I was alarmed. And that was it, this was the extent of the dream; then I woke up.

Upon waking I had this terrible foreboding feeling, almost overwhelming in scale.

It was almost like a nearby star had exploded and had gone supernova or something, and now it was just a matter of time for the shockwave to hit. I don't know, but it was most certainly unpleasant in the highest degree.

It's been bugging me ever since

What do you make of that?

If not for the foreboding feeling you got, It would be a message that there is a major last-minute change you want to make before a deadline that you don't feel you have time for.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Coronal Mass Ejection is the correct term, you're right.

The link I provided talks extensively about the Carrington event, which, if it happened today, would knock out the electric grid country wide, leaving us with virtually no modern tech.

Also, I believe that near-miss happened in 2012. NASA decided to tell us about 2 years later.

edit on 16-6-2017 by antoinemarionette because: correction

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Isn't an orb suddenly appearing in the evening sky, increasing in brightness until it is brighter than our own sun, and the extinguishing again just as quickly skeery enough????

Geez, I don't know about you, but whenever that happens to me I have to really focus on not mudding my britches!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I remember everything in that dream and clear like you said.
I've had this dream a few years ago and it felt so real that I remember even smelling the air and lost of details..and the silence before the light.
I'm fascinated by this subject..not all dreams but some are like you are alive in that place and everything is crystal clear.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Have you been reading a book or thinking hard about anything? I remember once I was having money problems I had a dream that I came into some cash it was so real I actually started looking for the money for about 10 min until I realized what was happening.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette

Thanks so much for posting this excellent premonitory dream.

I had a similar dream in the distant past where folks are walking around, going about their daily lives as the earth got hotter and hotter. Soon it was so hot everyone was uncomfortable, dehydrated and exhausted. Then suddenly there was a huge flash and that was the end of the dream. The implication was as if time itself had come to an end.

As for your dream, I believe it is referring to an imminent event, from the sun, of being hit by a solar mass ejection. It has happened before and one just missed us last year by only 300,000 miles. This event has been predicted by scientists, psychics and remote viewers for a very long time.

Solar Storm 1859

Odd you should mention that because there are religious prophecies that predict the same thing. Science meets religion ? Or God controls science ? I guess time will tell 🤔

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
For a little different take...maybe a light is going to be shined on something your don't want to know.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The strange / troubling part about the dream, to me, was the silence. I'm not sure how to describe it really because it's not like you really "hear" sounds in a dream, but most dreams seem to have the sensation of some kind of sound, even if background noise. This one didn't, there was just complete silence. That, and the singular nature of the dream. Normally, most dreams are a collection of many different sort of random things and this one was very specific and focused. It didn't start out like something ominous was going to happen, but in short order something did.

Then there was the no explanation part, no real conclusion one way or the other. Just a solitary event.

I've thought about it quite a bit, thought about what it could mean. I don't know, maybe it was just nothing at all, but it certainly did have an affect on me. It didn't come off as a specific known thing, but rather a generic event which clearly had significant implications for the future, but what those implications were was unclear, and this was disturbing.

I don't often make much of dreams, seeing them as a product of our daily lives generally. Odds and ends of thoughts and experiences all dumped into a bucket in the mind, shaken up and replayed in some random fashion usually. This one was different, and I guess that's just it...this one was different.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join