It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London fire: Protesters storm town hall

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Protesters demanding help for those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire have stormed Kensington and Chelsea Town Hall with a list of demands. Between 50 and 60 people broke off from a protest outside to go into the council building. One member of the public said people made homeless needed help "right now".

BBC

Well this could escalte quickly.........

I think its wrong to blame the authorties for not have awnsers yet. The fire has destroyed a lot of evidence and indentifying bodies is going to be difficult let alone knowing the exact cause. The police and firefighters have a very hard job to do, especially as many where immigrants with no dental records.

But I dont blame them for being angry as some Bureaucratic # head went on TV and said it might take months or years to find new homes.......

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

So much madness surrounding this, from the sun reporter pretending to be a victim's friend to get a hospital interview to May hiding away from the residents to the Queen using it as a media opportunity and the way the council has treated the residents and covered up the death toll, it's all messed up.

They have a right to be angry but the problem is gonna be other people jumping on the cause.

Could quite easily see mass rioting in London over this.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Hmm.. does not responsibility come with authority.. well at least they are accountabilibuddy...
edit on 16-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2017 by solve because: No, i can not spell

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No sprinklers and no fire alarm. No Fire fighting equipment and only one way out. The refurbished cladding cost £24 per sheet, The fire proof cladding was £26 per sheet. So they chose the cheapest and most dangerous cladding. Then tried to blame it all on the residents. Tin foil hat needed for this case. Social cleansing and the PM turned up but never met any survivors. Riots? we need a revolution and Boris and gang can `` GET STUFFED ``as he said when he cut 10 fire stations down. Losing 600 fire fighters.

www.youtube.com...

Heres a link to the protests at the council offices

edit on 16-6-2017 by illuminnaughty because: added link

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Don't even bother looking into this situation it will just frustrate you.
edit on 16-6-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I saw that, mate, i wonder, if the materials and building in general was up to standards, because if i have to pay rent, i am expecting it to be... we have nothing without standards you know..

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looking at pictures of that terrible tragedy, I don't understand why that building, on fire from top to bottom, did not collapse like the twin towers?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I saw that, mate, i wonder, if the materials and building in general was up to standards, because if i have to pay rent, i am expecting it to be... we have nothing without standards you know..

the problem is that every country helping the refugees is taxed financially to begin with with their own people and there isn't enough public resources available to just give out free stuff endlessly

I'm not trying to minimize this tragedy but trying to see everything through rose colored glasses is having very negative consequences

arm the men from these communities teach them how to fight and send them back to North Africa, Syria, Morocco, Georgia and everywhere else they are coming from and tell them to take their countries back or they don't deserve it

rose colored glasses off

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: illuminnaughty
No sprinklers and no fire alarm. No Fire fighting equipment and only one way out. The refurbished cladding cost £24 per sheet, The fire proof cladding was £26 per sheet. So they chose the cheapest and most dangerous cladding. Then tried to blame it all on the residents. Tin foil hat needed for this case. Social cleansing and the PM turned up but never met any survivors. Riots? we need a revolution and Boris and gang can `` GET STUFFED ``as he said when he cut 10 fire stations down. Losing 600 fire fighters.

This is a remake of the Piper Alpha disaster.

Oil rig workers told to stay in evacuation points until helicopters arrived. Entire platform burning with toxic smoke and heat. Onshore managers wouldn't shut down the oil well pumps because they didn't want to cost the company billions. No secondary control room in case the first one blew up. Very little fire fighting equipment. Only way out by helicopter.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I have my own beliefs regarding the recent refugee wave.. I must admit, i have not been following this story, but the one picture i saw, there was an elderly Asian man, looking down... In my experience Asian people are hard working, and certainly participate, not just gather free stuff..

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Of course it didn't collapse. Takes a lot of time, money and planning to bring down a building like that.

Hmm.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Looking at pictures of that terrible tragedy, I don't understand why that building, on fire from top to bottom, did not collapse like the twin towers?

You are equating flammable cladding to a jumbo jet full of airplane fuel? Can we compare matchsticks to sticks of dynamite next?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Them refugees get service pretty fast, burned out British citizens can forgetaboutit.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I must add this, because my opinion is biased, i am always storming the castle. Just my nature.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Sigh ......

Parts of the building are close to collapse. But the fire spread up the outside, whilst the central core was not severely compromised (except by smoke - the real culprit in many of the deaths)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
As for the protestors - they have done nothing but display their ignorance and arrogance. They probably think houses grow overnight from seeds.

An awful lot IS being done.

As an aside, whilst a different type of tragedy, we never saw this when hundreds were made homeless by floods. So why now
It has nothing to do with concern for the homeless, or the victims. And I bet those behind it have rich mummies and daddies.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What about the local religious centers taking these folks in? That happens all the time here in the US whenever a tragedy such as this happens. The local churches, synagogues, mosques, etc.. take in the folks and the parishioners help get them clothed, fed, and temporary shelter.

This is an opportunity to help unify people by the community itself stepping up to help directly.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Did any of the these people have insurance, or are the expecting everyone else to pay for their central London life and council housing?

While I know this is a tragedy and possibly avoidable, there are questions to answer as to why there were so many people in these flats. There are plenty of empty flats outside London. These people demanding help would probably refuse help elsewhere. They want to stay in London, even if they don't come from London.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I think thats irrelevant.

If after investigation it is shown that the tower was dangrous the council should rehome them WITH compensation.......as long as they are UK passport holders

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How the hell didn't they get away without having a sprinkler system?
That had to violate fire code.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join