It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Military says it may have Killed IS Leader Baghdadi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Do you wear a t-shirt with USA on it?

No. I am not American. Your point being?

Russia not a superpower?

Yes, as I said, Russia is not a superpower. It has a vast array of nuclear weapons, which is its only claim to the tables of power. That aside, as I stated, Russia has a moderately sized, undiversified and developing economy. While Russia's defence spending is high, the total spend is dwarfed by the aggregated European spend, or NATO, or the US. Russia's "soft power" is poor. Corruption is high and governance autocratic.

Being the biggest nation, with nukes and no friends does not a superpower make. Nor does having the the biggest reserves of natural gas make Russia a powerhouse, because Venezuela has the biggest oil reserves and that nation is a disaster.

As I said. Don't over-egg Russia.
edit on 16/6/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: paraphi

Try not to over-egg Russia. They ain't no superpower.

Do you wear a t-shirt with USA on it? Russia not a superpower? Get real Russia is THE BIGGEST country on Planet Earth with all those resources USA can only dream of and USA has plenty. Russia has a global political reach added to which its military is capable of taking out anywhere on Plnet earth within a moments notice only matched by the US arsenal. It's industry is under pressure from terrible sanctions but it is still there. It isn't over run with US troops and bases yet, it still can look after itself without bowing down to his lordship the USA and giving up its freedom to Ronald McDonald and corporate America. Hey I love the States but give Russia some respect please, it is a superpower..................

The reason Russia is so demonized, they are Sovereign and they help Assad defeat the western backed Insurgency.

All 21 flavors.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If He comes back from the dead again then we're gonna need to use kryptonite on this guy

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Its ok, twas a joke
my friend. Anyway I do accept you bhave some fair points there, but I still consider Russia a super power as do many people. Even the USA stated russia as its primary foe. Remember economies do well then flounder and again and again. Much of what you understand has been drip fed into your brain by the western media, Russia is actually a massive state and controls a territory wit resources and wild life that is incredible. It doesn't need to spend massive amounts like the USA does on carrier strike groups as it is a land based emire while the USA has a foreign overseas empire to control. Russia does have more friends aroun the world than one can imagine. Also the low rate of the rouble means the cost of defence goes loads further and they develop for less. Russia has incredible technology, remember the west can't even put a man into space while Russia can and all the modern space living platforms have been Russian as they have unmatched experience in this field. Russia will always be a superpower with its immense resources. When push comes to shove Russia can call on these resources to fend off western and central european invasions as happened in the 1920's and 1940's. Russia is a free state and no foreign forces subjucate its people with foreign bases and influence. Russia is still free. There's a reason for that my friend

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The Russian populous isn't sensitive enough to join the American culture.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWaterC1

They love their way of life

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWaterC1

They love their way of life

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

you would think a leader of ruthless terrorist organisation would love to send a message or two to the "infidels" in HD quality.

If various reports are to be believed he hides as he is more than a little worried that being a descendant of muhammed might not be the protection many think it might be . All these leaders hide because they dont believe their own bullcrap .
edit on 16-6-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Funny how many times that guy has died over the past year or so. I'm getting tired of this story.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

edit on 17-6-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join