It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Party Politics... This is MUCH Bigger than That!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well you are operating or thinking about this at a far deeper level than I am familiar with.

What I am concerned about is that the radical Leftists from the Coasts are going to emerge as the principle ideological core drving the Dem party. Something along the lines of Van Jones with the Obama machine providing support. If they do and they were to take the White House, they could propel radical change that would seriously threaten the Constitutional rights and freedoms we currently enjoy. And that crowd is relentless and their hatred of Trumps America knows no bounds.I think we will learn a lot about the emergence of this crowd in July. And we will see them fully activated in the 2018 Elections.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Well you are operating or thinking about this at a far deeper level than I am familiar with.

I don't know about that! I think we're both thinking on exactly the same lines.

What I am concerned about is that the radical Leftists from the Coasts are going to emerge as the principle ideological core drving the Dem party. Something along the lines of Van Jones with the Obama machine providing support. If they do and they were to take the White House, they could propel radical change that would seriously threaten the Constitutional rights and freedoms we currently enjoy. And that crowd is relentless and their hatred of Trumps America knows no bounds.I think we will learn a lot about the emergence of this crowd in July. And we will see them fully activated in the 2018 Elections.

I'm with you. I think what Obama is -- and has been -- trying to do is destroy the party from within and replace it with his own political machine. And I'm convinced that part of that plan is why we keep hearing "Hillary! Hillary! Hillary" but not "Obama! Obama! Obama!" -- in order to make Hillary the face of the party and to take the fall for everything that's wrong with the party... then Obama can come in with his "Organizing for Action" org and all its blood money and rebuild the party and reign as the new savior of the party and the nation. Obama himself cannot be prez again, but he can sure groom others to do his bidding -- especially with the power of his oh-so-awesome-possum data system on everyone and everything. Hillary's done in politics. She has plenty to answer for what she's done in the past, but she's not a threat in the future. Unlike Obama. He's just gearing up!

On the plus side, if we see it, then no doubt others see it as well, including the Trumps and the Clintons. That's why I think our best hope is Obama's competition and/or adversaries going forward, on both sides of the aisle. Trump now, perhaps Hillary to a limited extent, and especially Ivanka and Chelsea in the future. (Incidentally or not, Chelsea and Ivanka are also good friends). Chelsea is already taking a page out of Trump's book and using Twitter as her political platform. And we know Ivanka's working right alongside her dad now and for the foreseeable future. They will be formidable opponents.

That's also my biggest problem with this laser focus on Hillary... while Obama (and others, like Podesta) gets a free pass on all sides. Hillary did nothing alone. Locking Hillary up won't stop Obama or Podesta or anyone else. But letting Hillary take the fall alone sure as hell will help Obama! Hillary's done. She's not a future threat. But Obama sure is!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You've nailed it I think.

I was recently at a meeting that included the poobahs of the Democrats in the local area. Three of them told me that this is their very fear. They are very anti-Hillary and realize she's beyond done but they are worried about who Obama is going to trot out. They say Obama and Hillary bled the Kentucky party dry and have never even made an effort to contribute beyond a couple of fundraisers in the larger cities. The county organizations were hurt badly by having to support them. They're tired of it and they weren't really hiding their disgust at all. Of course, they're not out preaching it in the streets yet but if a couple of them revolt I won't be surprised. One told me that the SWJ types had attempted to take over the party in a neighboring county. These people think that the Clinton cabal is going to attempt to run Chelsea, something they are not going to tolerate in my opinion. But we'll see...

It has become clear that the coasts and urban areas have a very different Democrat party than those in flyover country. It would seem to be the perfect time for a third party to arise but I suspect the ranks of the independents will just swell because most of us who have left political parties don't trust any party organization.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Thank you for weighing in -- and for sharing your experience with Democrats. It's really not what it seems to be.

I soooooo wish I could be a fly on the wall in DC right now!!! I do believe that Trump has a strategy and that he's got his sights on more/bigger fish to fry than just Hillary. Or even Comey. I don't know what to make of Comey, but I think Trump knows Comey is the weak link to the "deep state" and Trump is playing that for all its worth. If Trump is going after Lynch (and that seems to be the case), then he's going after Obama as well.

Just a little food for thought here but it also seems to me that someone is whispering in Trump's ear and showing him the crumbs to follow. One example: Samantha Powers. Who told the congressman what that prompted him to ask about an ambassador requesting unmasking??? Only for Samantha Powers, an ambassador, to be subsequently included in the subpoenas for unmasking.... that information didn't come from nowhere. Someone said something!

We are living in interesting times

top topics

<< 1   >>

join