It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Party Politics... This is MUCH Bigger than That!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We are watching history in the making, folks! If there was any doubt before, with this news -- Breaking: Senate Judiciary Committee Opens Investigation Into Loretta Lynch DOJ, FBI, & Clinton! -- we can be sure that a lot of political critters are scrambling like cockroaches after the lights are turned on -- on BOTH sides of the aisle! But it seems to me that what we're seeing now goes far beyond party politics.

In the bigger picture, the Democrat party is imploding from within -- for many reasons. There is (and has been) a power struggle taking place. The MSM has been happy to shine a big fat spotlight on the divisions within the Republican party since the 08 election. From the "RINOs" and the "hold your nose" McCain conservatives in 08 to the conservative vs small "l" libertarians in '12 to the "Alt-Right" and "Never Trumpers" in '16, we've all heard about the divisions on the right. But not so much about the divisions on the left. Obama has also lost his luster for many former supporters -- but not all! He still has loyal diehards and his "Organizing for Action" foundation. Hillary's name is mud in lots of Democrat circles (and was looooong before she "won" the nomination). Bernie didn't get so much support because the whole party loved Hillary. Nope. But many Bernie supporters have been pretty disappointed in Bernie -- especially since he slunk off to his spiffy new beach house with nary a whimper at his mistreatment at the hands of the DNC. It's also becoming clear that the left's identity politics have naturally progressed (pun intended) to the point that the different identity groups are now stepping on each other's toes... from the transgenders vs the "rad fems" and "terfs," to the more recent LGBT Toronto vs BLM Toronto. And then there's Antifa and their ilk... 'nuff said. It's a big fricking mess.

One in-depth analysis at Rolling Stone Magazine -- Can Democrats Fix the Party? -- puts much of the blame on Obama for pretty much bleeding the DNC coffers dry --

The 50-state strategy devolved under Obama into a presidential-battleground strategy, leaving state parties starved for cash and leadership. "Obama didn't put resources into local parties unless it was for his re-election effort," says the former party chair.

Then Hillary came along and she didn't get much from the DNC -- thanks to Obama -- but her campaign was pretty much the only beneficiary of contributions to the DNC during the '16 election cycle.

Clinton pioneered a strategy that allowed her largest donors to give $10,000 to each of 32 state parties participating in her Victory Fund. But that money didn't stay in the states. Instead, nearly every penny was hoovered up to the DNC for the benefit of Clinton's election.

Democrat races down-ticket have been SOL. Another failure was not re-investing in the DNC's -- such as upgrading computer programs for important data and things like voter rolls, donor lists, etc.

But Obama and his team neglected a far less heroic duty: the care and feeding of the national party, which Democrats had rebuilt during the Bush years with a "50-state strategy" that had empowered Obama with dominant Democratic majorities in Congress.

Funny thing though... while Obama was destroying the party that gave him the presidency, Obama was also building his own political army, "Organizing for Action" (previously called "Organizing for America").

"They had a mirror organization that did just their politics, and it weakened the DNC," says a source in House leadership. "It directed money elsewhere and was not in the interest of the long-term stability [of the party]. It was a selfish strategy."

I fear it's far worse than just "selfish." Remember what Maxine Waters said about Organizing for Action:

“The president has put in place an organization that contains a kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life,” she added. “That’s going to be very, very powerful.”

Martin asked if Waters if she was referring to “Organizing for America.”

“That’s right, that’s right,” Waters said. “And that database will have information about everything on every individual in ways that it’s never been done before.”

Waters said the database would also serve future Democratic candidates seeking the presidency.

“He’s been very smart,” Waters said of Obama. “I mean it’s very powerful what he’s leaving in place.”

Yeah, that kind of information is very powerful. A powerful tool and a powerful weapon. And it's especially worrisome in the hands of a political machine with little to no regulation and oversight -- for both "friends" and enemies. This power struggle was going on long before the election. And it's now compounded and complicated by the loss of power in the election.... and the seeming determination of Trump to "drain the swamp" and the endless hearings and investigations -- with far too much focus on Hillary and Russia and Trump and not nearly enough attention on Obama and his "army" of organizers.... as well as the Podestas and Wasserman-Schulz'... because all eyes are on Hillary.

As these hearings and investigations continue to heat up, no doubt some Democrats and some Republicans (especially the "Never Trumpers") are probably shaking in their boots... some are probably downright desperate... some are trying desperately to make deals and alliances... and Heaven only knows what. Their level of fear is directly proportionate to their level of guilt. Their level of desperation is directly proportionate to what they think others know. The most dangerous people in the world are those with everything to lose -- and nothing to lose.

Bernie's done in politics. But his supporters are not. Hillary's done in politics. But she still has to worry about threats of criminal charges... and she will want to promote Chelsea's future in politics. Hillary will do what she must to protect herself and Chelsea. Obama isn't done in politics. Obama has his own political army to compete with the Democrat party. Obama has his own powerful data center on "everyone" and "everything." But Obama also has skeletons in his closet that are threatening to tumble out. And enemies that have bided their time for the perfect opportunity to spill their guts without fear of retribution.

All this to say: Right now, party loyalty and partisan politics mean nothing. Anything can happen and Trump is the wild card. He's really not Republican -- much less conservative. He's made plenty of friends in politics in the course of his business and social dealings. And plenty of those friends are Democrats, like Hillary... but not so much Obama. And while his political future is limited, he will no doubt want to promote Ivanka's future political career any way he can and while he can.

Buckle up and hang on tight! It's gonna be a rocky ride

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That's why we have all this # for months now...

They know they are guilty, bribery, illegal stuff, child-play, and probably some murders as well. .. and without their corrupt leaders... they are going to jail or a chair.

They have nothing to loose, and that's s why it's the mess we are in, they are fighting for their pure survival.

And i think they still don't understand that the other side won without the foul play... They can not even imagine that.

Thats why they project their own misbehavior on the other party all the time. Their rotten brains can not comprehend how anybody could win in an honest way.

edit on 15-6-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
OP, I nearly spat my coffee out at this part:

All this to say: Right now, party loyalty and partisan politics mean nothing.

Hahaha thanks for the hearty chuckle this morning.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You nailed it fairly well!

I just have one other thing to add though, perhaps they didn't expect things to get out of control as they have, or did they? I honestly think we are all being used and they are the audience watching us their puppets dance to their tunes at the end of their strings!

I am sure you are right though about some of the things gone haywire in their plans for global dominance, and Trump sure as hell set them back on their heels!

Are they crazy enough to burn it all down though if they realize they are losing control is the big question we all should be worried about!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

And i think they still don't understand that the other side won without the foul play... They can not even imagine that.

I think they're beginning to understand!!!

But you're right about that sense of arrogance and entitlement. Too many folks didn't think anyone could knock them off their pedestal... and others are still so deluded they still think they can play this. They're in for a very rude awakening!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
what we are seeing really is the true level of evil and corruption which have impregnated the Democratic party since after the 'vietnam war'. (they called it a war).

the Dems found their loopholes, milked it. they fed the public lies and false hopes whilst painting themselves as saints flip flopping along the way.
they profited from the corrupt and the just.

not to say the reps are saints, but the problem with greed is that there aren't any happy ending stories associated . history taught us this. the Dems got too greedy and lost all modicum of decency of politics.

I hope the Clintons burn for their crimes against humanity. they solidified 'legal corruption'.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This quote is just superb!

originally posted by: Boadicea
we can be sure that a lot of political critters are scrambling like cockroaches after the lights are turned on -- on BOTH sides of the aisle! But it seems to me that what we're seeing now goes far beyond party politics.

Until you realize just how impossible it is to rid oneself of cockroaches.. and how while the light shines on some, guaranteed there are many more lurking in the shadows..

But truly, we are seeing an UNPRECEDENTED glimpse into the stinking underbelly of politics. So disgusting but compelling too (what are these things? these that profit from war and misery? are they even human?
)

PS: To make myself very very clear.. the Bush Cabal are an integral part of the rat king. Don't let a little D or R fool you!!!!
edit on 15-6-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

"In the bigger picture, the Democrat party is imploding from within...." Errr....no, it isn't.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Lets just hope so !

They are willing to bring the country (and world) in chaos before they will surrender.

Dangerous people!!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You nailed it fairly well!

Thank you!

I just have one other thing to add though, perhaps they didn't expect things to get out of control as they have, or did they? I honestly think we are all being used and they are the audience watching us their puppets dance to their tunes at the end of their strings!

It's a good question. My best guess is that no, those pulling the strings never expected to find themselves out of power, much less that their carefully orchestrated schemes would get so out-of-control. Perhaps most important, I don't think they expected the people to go rogue on their sorry arses! From the Bernie Bros to the Trumpsters, the people said "no mas!" to the corruption in huge numbers.

Are they crazy enough to burn it all down though if they realize they are losing control is the big question we all should be worried about!

Operation Scorched Earth? Yeah, I think some of them are that crazy! Especially Hillary and Bill -- the progenitors of the Scorched Earth threats. I think they'd gladly go scorched earth on the party they (probably and should) feel betrayed them.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

You're welcome! I always love a good chuckle to start the day too.

Not sure if that chuckle is at my expense -- but it's all good either way

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shibboleth23

"In the bigger picture, the Democrat party is imploding from within...." Errr....no, it isn't.

Please show signs to the contrary, such as a significant, much loved leader without deep blemishes.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

not to say the reps are saints, but the problem with greed is that there aren't any happy ending stories associated . history taught us this. the Dems got too greedy and lost all modicum of decency of politics.

That's about it! The Clintons led the way... but the Obamas took it to a whole new level.

I hope the Clintons burn for their crimes against humanity. they solidified 'legal corruption'.

Sadly, I don't think we're going to see that happen. Not in this life anyway. I suspect that Trump would rather go after Obama and his peeps that made Trump's life hell before and since the election. And if Hillary is willing to whisper in Trump's ear to help him do that, I think Trump will give her a pass. I could be wrong, of course, but that's what my gut is telling me.

I guess we'll find out together -- sooner or later!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Until you realize just how impossible it is to rid oneself of cockroaches.. and how while the light shines on some, guaranteed there are many more lurking in the shadows..

Ain't that the truth! But if the best we can hope for is to kill as many as we can and keep the rest hiding in the shadows, then that's what I'll hope for.

PS: To make myself very very clear.. the Bush Cabal are an integral part of the rat king. Don't let a little D or R fool you!!!!

Yes!!! Thanks for adding that. Can't forget the self-proclaimed brothers from different mothers -- Bill and George -- eh? Politics make for strange bedfellows and unexpected alliances have been -- and are being -- made.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just a random little bit of information regarding "Organizing For Action"...
Not sure how many of y'all are aware but OFA or Ofay is a racial slur African Americans have used derogatorily towards Caucasians for a very long time. Funny little coinkidink.

edit on 15-6-2017 by BloodStainedGlass because: spelling error

edit on 15-6-2017 by BloodStainedGlass because: (no reason given)

Ofay
noun ˈō-ˌfā, ō-ˈfā

Definition of ofay

usually disparaging
: a white person
edit on 15-6-2017 by BloodStainedGlass because: Edit to include Merriam-Webster definition.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BloodStainedGlass

Interesting. I've never heard that before, but it sure sounds like something Obama would do... Hitting below the belt while pretending he's above the fray.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodStainedGlass
Just a random little bit of information regarding "Organizing For Action"...
Not sure how many of y'all are aware but OFA or Ofay is a racial slur African Americans have used derogatorily towards Caucasians for a very long time. Funny little coinkidink.

Ofay
noun ˈō-ˌfā, ō-ˈfā

Definition of ofay

usually disparaging
: a white person

Lol...not even a real definition? Sticks and stones and all that...no safe spaces necessary for me! If I had ever been referred to in such a way, I would have figured it was some kind of foreign language...certainly not English.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thanks for a very interesting and informative OP.

Frankly, I don't quite know what to think of it all. I'm not a "Partisan", so I don't really follow the inner workings (or lack thereof) of either party.

What you've provided makes me worry however. I worry because it occurs to me that neither one of these "parties" are fully functioning political parties in the traditional "party" sense. They're both irretrievably broken at many levels. And the reason that makes me worry is because I'm concerned that what comes along to replace them could be a whole lot worse.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Thanks for a very interesting and informative OP.

You're welcome -- and thank you! I'm glad you appreciate it.

Frankly, I don't quite know what to think of it all. I'm not a "Partisan", so I don't really follow the inner workings (or lack thereof) of either party.

I think that's true for most of us -- not "we" as in here on ATS, but "we" as in "we the people." There are more independent and third party voters than there are registered Republicans or registered Democrats. And the MSM paints the picture they want. So much of this has gone under the public's radar.

What you've provided makes me worry however. I worry because it occurs to me that neither one of these "parties" are fully functioning political parties in the traditional "party" sense. They're both irretrievably broken at many levels. And the reason that makes me worry is because I'm concerned that what comes along to replace them could be a whole lot worse.

That's a very real concern. If I hadn't run out of space, I would have spoken to the sharks circling the waters, just waiting for the first sign of blood. My best guess is that Trump and the Clintons are already all over that angle... as in making sure their daughters (Chelsea and Ivanka, who just happen to be good friends) come out at the top of the heap. I find that hopeful not because I have much faith in either Chelsea or Ivanka, but because 1 -- It should keep Trump and the Clintons somewhat on their best behavior so as not to ruin anything for their daughters in the future; 2 -- Because Ivanka at least does not seem to be an ideologue of either party which will continue to thwart the elites in both parties; and, 3 -- Because neither are Obama and neither are Obama's friends!!! (Obama worries me the most by far... can you tell?)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join