It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Won't Believe This Stupid New Law Against Cash And Bitcoin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Guys, this is some very serious stuff in this bill and Grassley is behind it which means some of will probably pass into law.

www.congress.gov...-idea0e9489fc8f46379f95bb56c8bbbda5

ZH does pretty good overview, but this is very dangerous.

Among the bill’s sweeping provisions, the government aims to greatly extend its authority to seize your assets through “Civil Asset Forfeiture”. Civil Asset Forfeiture rules allow the government to take whatever they want from you, without a trial or any due process. This new bill adds a laundry list of offenses for which they can legally seize your assets… all of which pertain to money laundering and other financial crimes.

Here’s the thing, though: they’ve also vastly expanded on the definition of such ‘financial crimes’, including failure to fill out a form if you happen to be transporting more than $10,000 worth of ‘monetary instruments’. Have too much cash? You’d better tell the government. If not, they’re authorizing themselves in this bill to seize not just the money you didn’t report, but ALL of your assets and bank accounts. They even go so far as to specifically name “safety deposit boxes” among the various assets that they can seize if you don’t fill out the form. (Yet another reason to consider storing cash, gold, and silver in an overseas safety deposit box.)

This is unbelievable on so many levels. It’s crazy to begin with that these people are so consumed by the fact that someone has $10,000 in cash. But it’s even crazier that they’re threatening to take EVERYTHING that you own merely for not filling out a piece of paper, without any due process whatsoever.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think I'd just fill out the stoopid piece of paper.

Do you have to actually give it to anyone?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
We're all going to be round up like cattle and chipped with some type of RFID transactions taking over...

...read that again, and how real that possibility is now, compared to when the same was posted here on ATS 10 years ago and laughed at.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Seeing as how all of us - Left/Right/Libertarian are pretty much sick of all government, perhaps it's time we ALL work together to draft some new contrivance of law and government regulation.
I know, I'm nuts. But is this system making ANYONE happy anymore?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
sounds like a ploy to get all the cash from the recreational and medical pot dispensaries they are not allowed to use federally insured banks so they have to use brinks and other security firms like that to pick up the cash and store it this I would have to read more into the new bill but it sounds like it could be a way to go after pot shops to me but ill have to read it when I got some time not glance over it

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That's why you put BTC in cold storage and not in one lump sum. have a separate account for transfers.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'd like to do a thread on this and get some research, but I have heard that those sensors on overpass signs can pick up cash by the magnetic strips in larger bills. Might just be a conspiracy, but then again, when cops "profile" dealers on I95, they are really, really accurate most of the time. Are they just that good?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No theyre not
I sometimes wonder if they utilize somthing like kirilian photography to nab under the influence drivers

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Crypto currency does not travel with you if it is on an exchange.

They have no clue on how crypto works.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

We as a supposedly FREE Nation are deluded to think we haven't been hijacked when we not only have SO MANY laws, but when we elect people like Grassley?

The sheep are getting nervous, and by that I don't mean us, I mean those who have sold us out!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

This kind of Authoritarian, 'Big Brother' bull crap is the kind of thing that truly angers me. While we argue Republican Vs. Democrats these types of bills are causing the real damage to our liberty.

We need to come together and protect ourselves from big Government. They are the real enemy here not each other.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
No matter what laws they come up with, the wise guys and good fellas have a way around them. Ultimately the innocent citizen is abused by these laws and the criminals go about freely doing business as usual.
edit on 14-6-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This has been going around on 4chan.

FAIR WARNING! IF YOU HOLD BITCOIN SELL NOW!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Please call the Congressional switchboard (number is easy to find) and ask to be connected to Chuck Grassley's office and leave a message (either on the voicemail or with a live person) stating your opposition to the Bill.

You dont have to give your name and can even call from a blocked number.

Also contact the co-sponsors:

Dianne Feinstein D-CA (no surprise there).

John Cornyn R-TX

Sheldon Whitehouse D-RI

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This kind of Authoritarian, 'Big Brother' bull crap is the kind of thing that truly angers me. While we argue Republican Vs. Democrats these types of bills are causing the real damage to our liberty.

We need to come together and protect ourselves from big Government. They are the real enemy here not each other.

I agree 100%

We need to compromise with each other so we can quit bickering long enough to address stuff like this and kick these overreaching elites in the nads. Probably figuratively. Wont happen but it should.

The force is seriously out of balance.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Exactly my point.

This is a bi-partisan sponsored bill designed to screw "We the People".

This is why I always say it doesn't matter which side of the aisle is trying to screw us...we need to work together to stop them.

All of these bogus scandals and investigations are BS to distract us from the real problems.
edit on 2017/6/14 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Are you starting to feel that big steel trap closing over the people of the United States of America (I mean the place not the corporation.)

This bill is clearly designed to extend the US govt looting and survileance of the US people .

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So, no banks, and money in a mattress? They really do want total control. Since when is cash criminal?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Supposedly, the RFID chips int the newest100's will send out a 'ping'when you have 100 of them together.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

No theyre not
I sometimes wonder if they utilize somthing like kirilian photography to nab under the influence drivers

I believe they have high-tech sensors inside police cars that can track the movements of a car and tell when the motion is erratic and unpredictable; like driving across lanes, driving too fast, not signalling, braking for no reason. The technical name is police officers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join