It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do Aliens Breathe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
We hear stories of aliens running around all over the place on earth—abducting, observing, dissecting cows, scooting around in their ships, whatever’s on their agenda for the day. Now, from the descriptions people have of them, they are quite physiologically (biologically) different than us (at least the grays and reptile ones) so one would think that their “homeworld” would be different enough for them to evolve differently than us. So wouldn’t it stand to reason if their home planet is physically different than ours, their atmosphere would be too?

So how do they breathe? I don’t hear people describing aliens running around with little respirators or with big helmets over their heads. You might think they don't breathe at all, but every drawing or description of them shows a nose of some kind. It makes you wonder if they really do come from somewhere else. Or is our oxygen/nitrogen air mixture on Earth so common on other planets? It doesn’t appear so on Mars and certainly isn’t on Titan. So what gives?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
I don’t hear people describing aliens running around with little respirators or with big helmets over their heads. You might think they don't breathe at all, but every drawing or description of them shows a nose of some kind.

I believe there have been notes about body suits... And you smell through your nose

Either way, if you've discovered how to travel between the galaxies and visit any planet of your liking, you've most likely discovered a way to breathe/handle the atmosphere.

And for those thinking the aliens are ourselves or originate from here (in one way or another), you got another answer.

Lastly, if there really are tons of aliens out there even 100 different kinds visiting us would be a small amount, and most likely those that can breathe oxygen and handle our gravity (hence the reason they can visit).

Many possibilities

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
We hear stories of aliens running around all over the place on earth—abducting, observing, dissecting cows, scooting around in their ships, whatever’s on their agenda for the day. Now, from the descriptions people have of them, they are quite physiologically (biologically) different than us (at least the grays and reptile ones) so one would think that their “homeworld” would be different enough for them to evolve differently than us. So wouldn’t it stand to reason if their home planet is physically different than ours, their atmosphere would be too?

So how do they breathe? I don’t hear people describing aliens running around with little respirators or with big helmets over their heads. You might think they don't breathe at all, but every drawing or description of them shows a nose of some kind. It makes you wonder if they really do come from somewhere else. Or is our oxygen/nitrogen air mixture on Earth so common on other planets? It doesn’t appear so on Mars and certainly isn’t on Titan. So what gives?

You totally assume the reptoids are from another planet, which i do not!
And to give you an answer.... they breathed same air as me.
so they breath our atmosphere.....
as for the greys i dont know firsthand but i have heard and read that they breathe our type of air too...
I would assume most do by just those 2 diff species that is if the reps didnt create the grey race......
the hopi indians call greys "ant people" as they live underground and hate direct sun light.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The most credible (IMO) picture of an extraterrestrial to exist, the Cumberland Spaceman photo, is an image of what looks like a very human looking being in a white jump suit complete with a helmet. That picture can be found here and here.

As far as reports of aliens and their respiration, if you browse through the quite lengthy amount of reports on ufoinfo.com you will read multiple reports on beings with helmets on.

There are also a few reports on the site above in which some beings come up to a person's house, request a glass of water, and swallow a pill which makes their faces turn from red back to a more natural skin tone. It may well be that these beings take an atmospheric pill of some type to alleviate the requirement of a helmet.

It may also be that many planets have similar atmospheres to our own with the same mixture of gases that we breathe. It might be that these creatures may not need to breathe at all to live. Alien physiology would most likely be just that, quite alien to our own body layout. Or perhaps they technologically removed that requirement for their survival by genetically modifying their body structure or perhaps nanotechnology implants which transform our atmospheric gases into a more suitable form when it reaches their lungs/gills/whatever they use. A lot of ET reports detail their unusual suits which appear to act as strength enhancers or give these things the ability of flight. Any number of reasons, most of which probably come from their advanced technology could explain why some need helmets and some don't.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The aliens probally have no more need of space suits since their so technology advance. They could have implants that allow them to breathe oxygen instead of their home world atmosphere thats if their even from another world and no from the future.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It depends how much like us they are. All life on earth needs oxygen, maybe that's what they breathe too.

top topics

join