It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here ever stationed at Camp Lejeune or want to know what its like to be a guinea pig?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If you were stationed there like we were at one itme you need to check out these two links I will give in this post. Several years (a little over 4 year) ago I got a letter from the www.atsdr.cdc.gov... (do a serach on Camp Lejeune) telling me that while I was pregnant and the entire two years we lived there me and my children and husband drank water contaminated water with dry cleaning fluid. They were now doing a study on the children who were born there during this time since the contaminated water apparently was more dangerous to an unborn child and they wanted to know about my childs health and all our health but the study was focusing on the unborn child's health who by now was 22 years old and pregnant herself. This did not make news and I am pretty sure that if you were stationed there and someone in your family did not give birth there you probably heard nothing abut this. Here is an excerpt from a story about this www.chron.com...

Then, shortly after they arrived in 1980, Marine officials discovered that the water being piped into their two-story home was "highly contaminated" with solvents and dry-cleaning fluid.

"For three years, while we lived there, we were basically poisoned," Janie Gros said. The Groses, who now live in Champion Forest, are among an estimated 200,000 former base residents who consumed the water between 1968 and 1985. The wells were closed in 1985.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sorry I copied the link to the houston chronicle story exactly but for some reason all I get when I go back through the link is the registration form, here is how I found it, these are three of the top stories that showed when i did a search. Hope this works
HoustonChronicle.com - Naval base water, cancer tie possible ... home was "highly contaminated" with solvents and dry-cleaning fluid ... who heads up the study for the Agency for Toxic ... contaminants) in some of the drinking water at Camp Lejeune ...
www.chron.com

THE STAND - Toxic Homefront Empowered Survivors Take All Necessary Defense ... of toxic chemical poisoning at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. ... system released the cleaning fluid PCE into the ground ... However, the ATSDR study of birth outcomes reviewed available ...
www.watersurvivors.com

HoustonChronicle.com - Doctor paying the price for school ... he got assigned to Camp Lejeune, a Marine training base ... home was "highly contaminated" with solvents and dry-cleaning fluid ... who heads up the study for the Agency for Toxic ...
www.chron.com

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh come on I know there are some ex marines family out there who might be interested in this if not then those that live there now.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was stationed there from 1997-2001 and so im out of that "window"...But lemme tell ya that Im seriously worried about all thoes "Mystery" vaccinations we recieved,,,Im talking 10+ a year...Alot of times my fellow marines got odd rashes, extremely sick, etc..Now 4 years later every bone in my body hurts constently,every day... (feels like I have bone cancer or somthing), and im pretty young.. Im positive we were getting experimental vaccinations
The big tip off is that all of my friends that were in my unit have somthing wrong now, not good folks..

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I live some 25+ miles away from Camp Lejune. I wouldnt doubt any of this. I've heard some strange things in my trips to Jacksonville over the years... But when you think about it, most of America's water supply is contaminated to an extent anyway(chlorine, dirt, other chemicals). Also, our food supplies are increasingly becoming more and more modified as well (high fructose corn syrup, msg, god knows what else). It's great to live in America, ain't it?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Lucidvisions is Tarawa terrace or TT 1&2 still there? My hubby who was in during the 70's was shot up with lots of so called vaccinations too. It came out and they had a congressional hearing on it and it was supposed to have stopped. Someone who was in during the same time told my hubby he heard on the radio that they were shot up with an altered form of the plague. Of course thats just one thing but we never heard anymore about it. You know how the news is these days you hear it once and its not reported on again unless they wnt to push the story and of course they would not want to push that one. Once you think about it the military is the perfect population to experiment on, you have people you can manipulate and they have to take orders, two you have access to all their medical history and medical care, there is no invasion of privacy. Thats not saying that the medical personnel or your senior personnel even would have to know they are just receiving innoculation and your senior staff or superiors (not sure if they still use that word in reference to higher up in rank) are told they are required. So only a few people the ones in charge would have to know about what is really going on. which makes sense only the people whose hides would be in trouble would know, that way less chance of word getting out. I'll look for link on this congressional hearing or a link on this type of medical testing. If anyone else reads this and has links to it please share. TIA

Spitting duck I would love to hear what kind of stuff you heard, if you don't mind sharing it. I know it is just rumors but still would love to hear it.

Well the thing is that most towns and cities have tested their water periodically probably on a daily basis for years, and they won't me to believe that they never once tested their wate for all that time, we are talking for almost 20 years. Thats ridiculous that this went on for years without the military doing any tests. We lived there from 76-78. Also they used to spray for mosquitoes apparently way back when they used a poison that has been banned for years but it does not leave the soil so eveytime it rained and there were puddles everywheres our children and us were walking in high levels of this stuff, I think that applies to every military base. Heck I recall the kids loved to play in the puddles after the rain.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you are interested in the Camp Lejeune toxic water contamination, you need to visit the site of The Few, The Proud, The Forgotten at www.tftptf.com. They have a ton of good information and their people are actually getting things moving for those exposed to the toxins.

new topics

top topics

join