It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help a tinfoily out - where can I find the sub-forum description(s)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When I first joined, I thought that each forum had a description as to what contributions are applicable and appropriate for the forum.

"mods, not sure if this is in the right forum, if not please move etc etc..."

When I go to the 'forums' page tab up there^^ I am met with a plethora of topics I can post in - each categorized under sub-forums. When I click on any of them, it would be great if there was a description to introduce the reader to the forum and what to expect by way of what the topic means for the community?

Do you still have them? and if so where are they?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

When ATS moved to this new format, 5.3, some of those went missing.

Most have been resticky'd though, like this one for the Other Current Events forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most have this title:

"------FORUM GUIDELINES------"

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Ah, I see.

Here's my beef - when I look at the home page, I find it frustrating that a subject starts off with the "mods please move" or such comments that sometimes appear on the home page, also it's something I see posted consistently with OP's and I think it's because that "forum description' is buried or not evident enough.

Is there some way those descriptions can be set-alone from being buried among the pages and put at the top - even incorporating the forum title into the description box - here's a rough idea...

Optics is everything in todays fast paced world of conspiracy theories, it would also encourage folks to think before posting and would hopefully eliminate those comments from appearing like they do.

edit on 11-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: fat fingers

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Heh, you're not the only one that "mods please move" drives up the wall.

Back in December of 2014, one of the owners, SkepticOverlord wrote this about that:

ALL MEMBERS: Important Notice On Creating Threads - STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

I can tell you from personal experience, that even before ATS ver 5.3, the forum descriptions were quite clear, and always on top....BUT:

People still put that in their OPs.

As for what you are suggesting, I can only tell you that SkepticOverlord controls all that in our forum. You could try sending him a PM and ask him to take a look at your suggestion.

edit on 6/11/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yes, there used to be a description of the forum at the top of the page in each thread.
In "Religion, Faith and Theology", for example, you would see "Discuss all things spiritual and share your own faith-based experiences".
The descriptions also clarified how to distribute threads between the confusingly-named "Predictions and Prophecies" and "Dreams and Predictions" (roughly speaking, "Writer X thinks this will happen" belongs in the first, "I think this will happen" belongs in the second).
Sticky threads are a slightly less accessible source of information.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Which homepage to use is up the member. Mine is bookmarked to NEW

Just saying... With that I see is current thread titles to open or not...

top topics

join