It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Administration Does About-face on Saudi-led Blockade of Qatar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
These Arab countries know that Qatar is doing that, they were probably giving them money. They want to stop this nonsense just as much as the American people do. Our government giving Qatar money does not represent the interests of most of our citizens. Qatar seems to be a financial hub for supplying rebels and terrorists.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Problem is Qatar has never really been an ally. Saudi Arabia isn't wrong they find terrorism and with AL jazeera support it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I do seem to recall some slight mention of Saudi Arabia needing to do more to fight extremism or something too. I'll have to dig up a transcript.

Looking forward to the World Cup in Qatar that's for sure. /sarc

I hear you. How many dead workers so far? It was like 1,200-1,500 a couple years ago. It's disgraceful. This move by the similarly disgraceful Saudi Arabia had nothing to do with the treatment of foreign workers though.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which country funds and otherwise supports more terrorism and extremism?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What money from the US to Qatar are you referring to because I'm not familiar with what you're talking about. Qatar has oodles of money. They're reportedly going to have spent about $200 billion (with a B) in preperation for the World Cup 2022.

Also:

Wikipedia - Al Udeid Air Base

Al Udeid Air Base (Arabic:قاعدة العديد الجوية) is a military base southwest of Doha, Qatar, also known as Abu Nakhlah Airport (Arabic:مطار أبو نخلة). It houses both Qatari Air Force, U.S. Air Force and other Coalition personnel and assets. It is host to a forward headquarters of United States Central Command, headquarters of United States Air Forces Central Command, No. 83 Expeditionary Air Group RAF, and the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing of the USAF. In 1999, the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad,[3] told U.S. officials that he would like to see as many as 10,000 U.S. servicemen permanently stationed at Al Udeid.[4]

Between 2001 and 2009 the airbase was used by the British Royal Air Force with transport and fast-jet aircraft. Since 2014 it has been used as HQ for British involvement in airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq (Operation Shader).

The Al Udeid Air Base now serves as a logistics, command, and basing hub for U.S. operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. Nearby Camp As Sayliyah houses significant U.S. military equipment pre-positioning and command and control facilities for the CENTCOM's area of operations. Both Qatar and the United States have invested in the construction and expansion of these facilities since the mid-1990s, and they form the main hub of the CENTCOM air and ground logistical network in the area of responsibility. As a result of ongoing operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, U.S. and partner nation facilities in Qatar and elsewhere have received higher use in recent years and may require further investment to meet current and potential future needs.

edit on 2017-6-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Trump just started his press conference with bringing up Qatar and there was no "about face".

It was more like doubling down on his firm stance against Qatar funding terrorists.

FAKE TITLE.

FAKE NEWS.

TO THE HOAX BIN!
edit on 9-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
There's an easy explanation for Trump's about face. Which is, he didn't know how important Qatar is to the U.S.'s middle east interests. He likely didn't know that the U.S. has a large number of troops on a base in the country.

While no one can be expected to know everything, of course, Trump would have been better served by getting a briefing on Qatar before heading to Twitter. That's what leaders do. They get information and consider it before they act.

Trump seems to be so enamored by his own presence that he is unable to consider, just for a moment, there are many things he does not know.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which country funds and otherwise supports more terrorism and extremism?

Qatar that's simple. The Saudi government doesn't support any terrorism. In fact that's there biggest danger. The Saudi people on the other hand quite often supports terrorism.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven
There's an easy explanation for Trump's about face. Which is, he didn't know how important Qatar is to the U.S.'s middle east interests. He likely didn't know that the U.S. has a large number of troops on a base in the country.

While no one can be expected to know everything, of course, Trump would have been better served by getting a briefing on Qatar before heading to Twitter. That's what leaders do. They get information and consider it before they act.

Trump seems to be so enamored by his own presence that he is unable to consider, just for a moment, there are many things he does not know.

This is fake news Trump is calling for Qatar to stop funding terrorists. He hasn't changed at all.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Who would benefit the most if the price of oil skyrocketed because of this conflict ? Especially if it drags on and gets worse .

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This piece didn't strike me as one of your obligatory hitpieces, that you somehow 'broke character', thus causing me to rib you, which appears to have gone completely over your head.

It seems you had some tactic of beginning it softpeddled all geared up to drop bombs.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Qatar that's simple. The Saudi government doesn't support any terrorism. In fact that's there biggest danger. The Saudi people on the other hand quite often supports terrorism.

That's the biggest load of apologist bullsh*t I've ever heard.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Clearly he's unfamiliar with the House of Saud's long and mutually beneficial relationship with Wahhabism.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh, yes, it did go over my head. Possibly because I read it after some "fake news" screeching and demands that the thread be hoaxed binned.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Clearly he's unfamiliar with the House of Saud's long and mutually beneficial relationship with Wahhabism.

Honestly I have to believe it was nothing but sarcasm...

I refuse to believe someone can be so stupid as to think Saudi Arabia do not fund terrorism.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Maybe, the Sauds lied to Trump in order to set their plan in action to seize Qatar. And then trumps staff later explained to him that most of those countries have a hand in terrorism and that helping the Sauds annex Qatar would not benefit the war on terror.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'm not sure, I read some news reports over the years about this, I think some of it had something to do with Clinton when she was Secretary of State. I am not sure if it was the government itself or just some sort of group working out of Qatar that was doing this. It appeared the government there was allowing it to keep happening so they were supporting it.

There have been bits and pieces over the years about this, it has been going on for a while now, probably before 911

Ask our intelligence agencies, I am sure they know way more than me about this. Think about this, how come so many countries are saying they are doing it if they aren't, how come our country is not saying it is not true and siding with Qatar?.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is really interesting. I wonder if America would be going against their Saudi best buddies if Assange didn't release that tweet alluding to Qatari owned news Al Jazeera, having some "nuclear" info - that could "only be used once"

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Al Jazeera have the who dunnit on 911?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join