It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Premium Banner on Top Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
does any1 but me think that $1,500.00 for the banner on the top of this site is a bit high?

Links:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
seems quite alot to me... i don't want to have to pay for people to come to my sight. a site prehaps like www.prisonplanet.com would be able to afford something like that and would fit the criteria quite well...then again that already gets alot of hits. the only people that are going to want more people to come to their site are the same people who won't be able to afford $1500.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The money goes for a good cause

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I dont think it is too much. I think that people want to get thier name out there will spend the money.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The "market value" of the inventory with 7 million impressions is $7,000 at a low $1 CPM (cost per thousand). All our existing advertising is "cost per click". Typical advertising rates for impression-based insertions range between $1 and $10 depending on the nature of the inventory being sold. It's not uncommon for bigger firms to spend over $500,000 per month on this type of advertising across several different sites. These are the types of companies were hoping to eventually attract. So... in reality, $1,500 (or even our reserve of $2,000) is a bargin for the inventory being sold. It's just that, with the nature of a community site, the only way we could conceivably sell ad space at this rate is in combination with a philanthropic effort.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thanks Overlord...actually you shouldn't of even had to explain the reasoning.......JMHO

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
what i meant is start the bid low and as more bids there are it could and more than likely would go higher than your currant reserve

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think it's a perfectly acceptable price, it goes towards a good cause, and if I had the money/website, I'd go for it.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with a reserve of $2000 if you think what you get for it.
An advert on ATS which has thousands of visitors each day, information that is not available anywhere else on the net, plus links to Pisky's ATS Story
(The winning bidder could also be included as a character in the Pisky's book if they so desired
)

top topics

join