It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what would happen if North Korea launched a real attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: Liquesence
So,

The article is entirely a "what if,"

Which includes as its source official North Korea State media "KCNA news service" about its supposed capabilities.

Then

There is absolutely no logical reason to sit around waiting for Kim to start WW3 when a simple attack can realistically remove NK entirely from the table of players willing and able to start that war

So...we should go to war...to prevent them from going to war because we think they can?

Let me put it to you this way:

Let's suppose you have a burglar in your house. He's taking all of your valuables. And then he wants to whack you.

But then he finds his firearm is empty and he starts to load it. What would you do - stop him before he finishes the job or just let him have at it?

Horrible analogy.

It's more like your neighbor says he is going to come to your house and harm you, does that give you the right to go to his house and harm him first?

No, it doesn't work that way.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Yeah, I got some friends and a sister there too. That don't mean the rest of the city is sane. Just go east of the mountains where you can be safe and with more normal like peoples. Not to mention that there is a bigger threat from Mt. Ranier (other than the Rantha's Lizard Men) then NK could ever pose.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Here's an excerpt I'd like you to check out. It's a quote from Vice Admiral Syring of the U.S. Missile Defense Agency re. the NK threat:

"The advancements in the last six months have caused great concern to me and others, in the advancement of and demonstration of technology of ballistic missiles from North Korea.

"It is incumbent on us to assume that North Korea today can range the United States with an ICBM carrying a nuclear warhead."

Source

We can't afford to wait any longer.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: SBMcG
My greatest fear about a (presumably) U.S./China attack on the Norks is that the fat little dwarf will choose to commit mass nuclear suicide rather than let the Chinese get their hands on his nukes.

I could see that scenario leading to the greatest single mass-casualty event in human history.

I get the feeling that is now unavoidable.

Just one small bumble-bee sized drone....weaponised.....operated by proxy cell phone discharge.72 hours from call to fall. Forget Seal Team Six.....its a drones world now....and things are avoidable.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
My greatest fear about a (presumably) U.S./China attack on the Norks is that the fat little dwarf will choose to commit mass nuclear suicide rather than let the Chinese get their hands on his nukes.

I could see that scenario leading to the greatest single mass-casualty event in human history.

Now you're thinking! I don't think that little pug dog man would think twice about it either.

peace

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
There is no such thing. South Korea would be instantly shelled and invaded by an army that is 1.2 million strong, not counting reserves. And these guys are not bumbling clueless Iraqis. They're called "near-peer" forces. You can't just take them out with an airstrike or two.

Why wouldn't we be able to simply bomb them as they approach the border? Isn't it only 160 miles wide? I find the idea of NK forces actually invading SK hard to imagine, which leads to my next question:
What if they did invade? Wouldn't an actual invasion into SK be the biggest morale hit NK could ever take? Many North Koreans believe the rest of the world outside NK is homeless and starving to death. When they realize SK is actually a relative heaven-on-Earth paradise and their entire lives have been lies, half of them would probably realize they just got their ticket to freedom and want to go AWOL and stay. I mean hell, NK puts soldiers on the border to shoot at North Koreans trying to escape NK, and even then they still cross under threat of death to their entire families. Am I completely off on that idea?
Every way I look at it, it just seems that even if NK forces actually made it across the border, the entire thing would fall apart before it began.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
How about we dont attack them, and then they wont launch on US?

US rejects China’s proposal to halt North Korea nuclear weapons
Washington has rejected China’s proposal that North Korea could halt its nuclear weapons programme if the United States and South Korea suspended military activities in the region.

How about China stop building military facilities on artificial islands and the US wont perform freedom of navigation exercises near them?

How about Russia withdraw from Crimea and E. Ukraine and the west will remove sanctions?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

North Korea won't attack us until we're sufficiently distracted by something major.

Iranian nukes
Massive deployments to the ME
EMP in the US
Massive NBC attack

Something has to happen first to soften us up before fat-girl tries anything direct.

In my opinion.
edit on 7-6-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Crimean people themselves voted overwhelmingly to be a part of Russia, does that not count for anything?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

In 2015 only 41% of South Koreans even viewed Fat Little Boy Kim as their "enemy".

That is not a good statement to measure. How many in the south would like to unite the two Koreas and free oppressed people who many are distant relatives?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly, there will be a adequate provocation provided, free of charge, of course.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Look at who is in charge of USFK.

'Nuff' said??

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ole Brooksey, Hehe.
Oh well, it is what it is.

Buck

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
NK might not be able to hit the US, but they can hit SK and more likely, Japan.
That is enough to consider it a priority threat.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

NK would have attacked decades ago if they were going to.

Of course they're a "threat" to their neighbors. Anyone with a military is!

Here goes the MO of the US: Classify little nations belligerent to puppet control as "enemies", troll them relentlessly in the media and with sanctions until they finally act, but if they dont then attack them first F it. And then we get into never ending war.

It's just the Military Industrial Complex way.

And sorry folks, no offense, but with all that we here in this site should know by now, to buy into this game for one second ever again we herein in particular above all else the whole population: have to be about the biggest suckers there ever were. No offense.

The sheep out there hopelessly dependent on MSM hypobox unreality land, most of which have never even heard phrases like "Military Industrial Complex", or "American Imperialism", I hate to say it but they actually get a pass (until their ignorance is undone on such matters).

We herein have absolutely no excuse at this point.

This is effing BS to even have to constantly go thru this in this site of all places.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Reports of multiple missile launches by the Norks

New thread time.

Buck

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

See my above post, and then add to that:

How is what Russia's doing in Crimea even our business?

Does Russia not at least have an argument in that case?

Now compare whatever your impression of that is, to US foreign policy ANYWHERE the past 50 years.

And now please articulate for us how the US is one to have the balls to lecture anyone on the merits of border disputes in their own lands, explain how for US to do so doesn't make US the biggest nationally self-deluded hypocrites of all time, and do it with a straight look on your emoticon.

edit on 7-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
A gripping, deeply informative account of the plunder, hypocrisy, and mass violence of plutocracy and empire; insightful, historically grounded and highly relevant to the events of today.

This documentary is about the foreign policy of the United States. It demonstrates the importance of the political economy, the Mafia principle, propaganda, ideology, violence and force.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Here goes the MO of the US: Classify little nations belligerent to puppet control as "enemies", troll them relentlessly in the media and with sanctions until they finally act, but if they dont then attack them first F it. And then we get into never ending war.

I have no real clue wtf you are going on about

NK isn't some little united nation that stands on its own, its a cold war relic made by the russians to become a resistance against US in the east. The Kim Jong dynasty is fabricated and since the USSR is no longer, its up to the US, the other player, to clean up this manufactured despotic regime.

If only for the humanitarian issues.

Back in early/mid 2000s, most people I knew were wishing to find oil in NK so we could liberate them. a bit of a joke (narrative is we were in the ME for the oil) but the point is, that was a legit place that needs liberation.

So yeah, this is a ongoing issue, and if you must see it through the lens of the anti-patriotic and anti-humanitarian, then consider this. if NK fell under SK's control, or hell, even Chinas, then the US can leave the peninsula all together, letting them carve out their own destiny once again...so the faster this little bastard dies off with his whole government, the faster a stable and prosperous east can be achieved...not to mention people in the north can finally eat a good meal and perhaps start deprogramming
edit on 7-6-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You missed the point.

Regarding your post above you once again have ignored the fact the Korean war never ended and is still a war today. The US is in S. Korea under the authority of the UN and the S. Korean government. You are also ignoring the times the US tried to work with N. Korea, providing aid and relief in exchange for ending their nuke program. In the end every single deal N. Korea made in that realm has been scrapped shortly afterwards. The goal of N. Korea is a unified peninsula under N. Korean control.

Speaking of hypocritical -

Why is it anyone elses business what the US does when it comes to N. Korea? What business is it of anyone elses who S. Korea has alliances with? What business is it of anyone elses what S. Korea does in their own borders? What business is it of Chinas when it comes to THAAD deployment in S. Korea? What business is it of Russias wjen sovereign sovereign countries wish to join NATO? What business is it of Russias when the 3 Baltic nations and Poland invite foreign military troops into their countries?

It became our business when the nations in question asked the US for assistance.

Just like Ukraine did when Russia invaded them.
Just like S. Korea did when N. Korea invaded them.

Does Russia get to argue their side in relation to Crimea and E. Ukraine? Nope. Russia has no business in Ukraine.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that your position is a 2 way road. You dont get to solely argue the US should not be involved in another countries border disputes when one side of that equation specifically asks for our help.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join