It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Tree Ribeye Steaks, my experience recipe included

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I've tried a few food items from dollar tree. The one I was most shocked by was the ribeye steak. I used them for steak & cheese subs. Compared to other similar products, they are great value $1 vs. $5-7 for Steak'ums in my area. The taste is good again very close to Steak'ums. Overall I was very pleased with my experience and would recommend.

2 Dollar Tree ribeye steaks
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
1/4 cup Onion chopped (I prefer red onions)
1/4 cup Green Pepper chopped
2 oz. Mushrooms sliced or chopped
1/8 cup water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 6-8 inch Sub bun

Preheat your oven to 350 fahrenheit/175 Celsius. Place steaks in large pan on Med-Low heat add water, onions, green peppers, salt, pepper and cover. Check frequently turn steaks over once top starts to brown. Remove pan from heat. Coarsely chop steaks. Place steak on bottom half of sub bun add cheese and bake in oven until cheese begins to brown.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Gonna try this tonight

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

I just want to know what cut of meat is the "Steakum?"
Otherwise, sounds like a tasty sammie mate.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I just want to know what cut of meat is the "Steakum?"

According to inventor Gene Gagliardi, Steak-umm was created after putting beef through a grinder multiple times, mixing and molding it, freezing it, softening it, then ultimately slicing it. Source

Just makes you want to run out and buy some, doesn't it?

edit on 4-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

so you got a knock off of the #tiest, paper thin slice of 'steak' there is. the steakum?

hey man if it tastes good to you then rock on but im not grocery shopping for my steak at dollar tree.

not trying to dog you but it is pretty funny

but the egg rolls they have for $1
ive had those. not bad in a pinch when i need to smash something fast at work

agustus you left out the rest

In the 2012 lawsuit, Judge Lawrence Stengel described the product as "chopped and formed emulsified meat product that is comprised of beef trimmings left over after an animal is slaughtered and all of the primary cuts, such as tenderloin, filet, and rib eye, are removed. . . . The emulsified meat is pressed into a loaf and sliced, frozen and packaged.

edit on 4-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I left it out intentionally because I was worried about getting a T&C violation for posting things that are 'graphic in nature'.

I think I may report your post, it nauseates me.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think Augustus didn't want to post the part until Gothmog eat it tonight.

edit on 4-6-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

That too...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. It sounds good. I'd seen them on previous visits but put off buying them. Now I guess I will.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

This dood ..
3 outta 10
Really?
I wouldn't even feed it to my dog.

Beware What You Eat
good foods not cheap.

www.youtube.com...
edit on Sun Jun 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembedded video : profanity in thumbnail

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Right...so the original " pink slime"

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
their fish fillets aren't half bad, either. I get them and use them for quick dinners...or to look fancy when I've got company coming for dinner. throw on some pesto and a side of Alfredo...POOF! classy! lol

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I left it out intentionally because I was worried about getting a T&C violation for posting things that are 'graphic in nature'.

I think I may report your post, it nauseates me.

nice

seriously though

why would a person buy a steak from dollar tree? i dont get it

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm not knocking OP either, but as a personal trainer, what I put into my body is very important and i would never eat a dollar steak or recommend it to anyone.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I'm not knocking OP either, but as a personal trainer, what I put into my body is very important and i would never eat a dollar steak or recommend it to anyone.

Never say never, You wouldn't survive tough times.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I brought it simply because it was a dollar store steak call it morbid curiosity.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638

I brought it simply because it was a dollar store steak call it morbid curiosity.

i get that
i do # like that all the time

i buy something that i seriously doubt i will like but buy it anyway cause i want to try

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

No sorry, you're right. I didn't mean to sound like a douchebag. I've been homeless before. I know tough times.

I just meant in general, if you have the choice and the means to, I would never recommend dollar steak.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Do not let anyone bug you about getting them at the dollar tree. I personally buy my stakes at a market here in So Cali called Stater Bros, fantastic meat, fantastic sales, cut fresh daily.

Clearly you are not going all out and grilling em serving them alone as a steak, instead you make yummy sandwiches with them!! I will try this perhaps tonight. It sounds like you do with the Ribeye what I do with roast beef, and its super good... the only difference is I also make au jus with my sandwiches, I add a little to the bun then the meat and cheese.

I will be right next to dollar tree today, I am going to see if they have them!!!! Some of these people on ATS are just ignorant. I bet you the Ribeye you get at Dollar tree is MUCH better than steak um meat, which I do not buy because they are expensive for what you get, and now that I know how they make em, well I just wont buy em!!!!

edit on 4-6-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I worked at advanced food (producers of steakums) and and it is just sliced and formed sirloin. Actually one of the better products they made... Now the chicken products, yeah mainly frozen chicken skin and mech separated chicken (PINK PASTE)

BUT what disturbed me was the fda approved child nutrition items.... You know the stuff we feed our children in school... The only reason it can be fed to children is the fact that applesauce is blended into the pink paste. So it also counts as a serving of fruit....

The pink paste isn't what appalled me though, its the chemicals used to keep it together... One of which is used in concrete.

If you think being a vegetarian avoids this, avoid veggie burgers too. We made them to and they had the highest amount of chemicals than any product we made... Most fit under the heading of flavoring so you don't know what's in a manufacturered products t.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join