It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question regarding Budd Dwyer's last speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Dear ATS,

As I am sure many of you know, Budd Dwyer was the man who committed suicide on live TV. Recently I stumbled on the following clip (non-graphic, suitable for work) and something struck me as extremely odd.

In the clip, Budd is filmed from the right and from this angle a man is clearly visible standing to Budd's left but his body language and demeanor seems to be strange, at least to me. It appears as if he is waiting for something to happen and it doesn't seem to be the end of Budd's speech. I may be wrong or barking up the wrong tree but to me he stands out like a sore thumb. The man in question is dressed in black, smoking a cigarette and appears to be nervous, shifting around and looking around the room, and then constantly at Budd. The man also appears to be either angry or extremely ill at ease which again, to me, appears incongruous with what is happening. He shakes his head several times and seems to be looking at times directly at someone in the audience, again shaking his head. Budd calls him Duke just before handing out various letters/packages to people in the audience.

Does anyone have any more information as to the identity of this man because something feels very wrong about him?

Thank you for your time.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's his press secretary. The guy is pissed because Dwyer didn't tell him why he wanted a press conference called, and then went and gave his rambling speech. Hence his behavior.

ETA - maybe not his press secretary, but the PR guy for the office.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

It wasn't just a run of the mill speech, so I guess people that knew him expected the announcement to be very important in light of the circumstances.
I doubt that any expected what was about to happen, but the event was momentous on a state level.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not that I don't believe you but how do you know that and/or do you have a source for that info? I realise it was a long time ago and not everything is online. TIA

ETA: My bad, my internet started working again (data limit cap) and it's on the wikipedia page. ATS is the only site that loads when data cap is active. Sorry for the unnecessary thread!

edit on 1/6/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ah well, no conspiracy I guess. Thanks guys!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: butcherguy

Ah well, no conspiracy I guess. Thanks guys!

That's why we're here!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

The PR guys name is Duke Horshock. You can google his name, as I'm not willing to link to any source due to the content of most of them.

In any event, Horshock is identified as the man standing to Dwyer's left during the speech and as he shot himself. There's only one person to Dwyer's left, and after Dwyer says he'll leave his speech for "Duke" to make copies of, Horshock is the one that steps forward from the left to pick up the papers.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Wow...this topic is a blast from the past!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Wow...this topic is a blast from the past!!!

Wow...no kidding!!
I remember when this happened 30 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join