It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfunny, Unemployed, Attention Wh@re Kathy Griffin USED By Republican Super PAC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just curious but has there been any official reaction to Griffin's antics by the DNC? Anything signaling even mild disapproval would be a start. As would the GOP disavowing this unnecessary crap. Politics has become a sensationalistic two-ring circus and it has to stop.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Why should anyone have to show disapproval for what someone else does ?
Not like she is some dnc official spokesman

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

A hereby appoint her as a lunatic, hateful, vile Liberal, just like the majority are...are you one of them MAROON??

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

No spokesperson...just another lunatic Liberal

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
I hope they do use it. it'll backfire so bigly!

this seems desperate.

If they use this ad, it damn well should backfire bigly. This is unconscionable. It was wrong to begin with. To further exploit it for their own purposes -- I believe I've used the phrase "cheap political brownie points" -- is sick.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Dang, too bad no one but the GOP ever thought of doing that before, huh? Those dems must be morons, because they're certainly not above it.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

No spokesperson...just another lunatic Liberal

basically

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

For the same reason a parent apologises when his kid does something stupid and offensive. Like it or not the left is taking heat for this, it would seem prudent for them to distance themselves from the fallout. You know, so all those dumb low-information voters don't think all Democrats feel the same way she does.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

For the same reason a parent apologises when his kid does something stupid and offensive. Like it or not the left is taking heat for this, it would seem prudent for them to distance themselves from the fallout. You know, so all those dumb low-information voters don't think all Democrats feel the same way she does.

i guess
i dont see it as the same

i would apologize for my kid but i would not apologize for anyone else.

and yeah the left is taking heat for this...i consider myself a liberal or a progressive because of my views but i am not attached to the democratic/liberal party.

i see what you are saying though. it probably would make sense for someone from the party to go on and voice their disgust if nothing more than to gain points. play the game after all.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

apparently they are above it..

thanks for making that point.

edit on 1-6-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Exactly, they need to play the game. Silence could (and would, by conservative pundits) be interpreted as tacit approval. They need to pacify the moderates.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

How about all the "unconscionable" things the Left have done in the past, that were largely ignored? How about when entertainers received credible death threats if they performed at the inauguration and other entertainers getting blacklisted for performing? How about the violent riots, assaulting conservatives at demonstrations, eliminating free speech at some universities, calling conservatives neo-Nazis or racists and the brutal, cutthroat behavior exhibited by Liberals at some town halls across the country? I feel this video clip demonstrates perfectly in 30 seconds, how some Liberals feel entitled to do just about anything to get their point across.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

How about all the "unconscionable" things the Left have done in the past, that were largely ignored? How about when entertainers received credible death threats if they performed at the inauguration and other entertainers getting blacklisted for performing? How about the violent riots, assaulting conservatives at demonstrations, eliminating free speech at some universities, calling conservatives neo-Nazis or racists and the brutal, cutthroat behavior exhibited by Liberals at some town halls across the country? I feel this video clip demonstrates perfectly in 30 seconds, how some Liberals feel entitled to do just about anything to get their point across.

How about 'em? Are you suggesting that it's wrong for them but not for you? Or is that the other way around? Or maybe you're suggesting that it's okay for you to do the same thing you condemn in them because... well... I don't know why. Maybe you can fill me in...

If it's wrong for one it's wrong for all. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because Johnny jumps off the bridge doesn't mean I'm going to.

If you want to say loud and proud why you think it's a good thing for Republicans to use the same vile and repulsive images that has resulted in such outrage for their own self-serving agenda, please do. But own it. No matter what the other guy does or doesn't do, you make your own choices. I hope you choose wisely.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I think it's very apparent that the Congressional Leadership Fund are "owning" it, just by producing this clip(which they HAVE NOT aired yet on TV). Maybe they'll edit it, maybe not. You're right, 2 wrongs don't make a right...but how about us address all the wrong things that the left have done and continue to do. Are you keeping count? Because it's pretty damn one sided. Who's "owning" that? Care to discuss why it's OK for the left to be "loud and proud" with all their hateful speech and violent actions? How about all the "choices" the left have made concerning their abhorrent behavior since the election? Did they ever "own" that? "Self-serving agenda?" "Vile and repulsive behavior?" Yeah, that accurately describes the lefts behavior, but lets knock the Republican PAC for calling it out in a 30 second video clip!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You really don't get it do you? The Republicans are the ones who sold us all out to the mean old Democrats while we were all busy fighting and hating and blaming each other. And you are playing the willing foot soldier in their divide-and-conquer campaign against the people. "The left this" and "the Dems that" and "Trump said Hillary is ugly and her mother dresses her funny! OMG!!!" How's that working out for ya? Is that fixing anything? Much less everything??? Can you control anyone except yourself? Can you speak for anyone but yourself? Can you improve anyone but yourself? Can you accomplish anything practical or productive or in anyway beneficial by crying and whining about "them"?

I don't speak for anyone but myself. And I sure don't use the bad behavior of others to excuse/rationalize/justify my own bad behavior. I own it. Nor do I pretend for a minute that doing the same wrong things over and over again will give me different results from the last time... much less better results. I will use the good sense the good Lord gave me to make my own decisions and demand better of myself.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
these radical progressives are alienating all the normal people from the democrat party, the democrat party has been hijacked by radicals who are scaring away all the normal liberal voters.the democrat party is doomed bail out now while there are still some lifeboats left,otherwise you will go down with the ship.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I get it...you're a typical Liberal who blames Republicans for everything and then twists this topic into an issue on moral/self fortitude. You can't even debate what I post in regards to all the sh$t the left is guilty of. Nope, can't do that...lets instead turn this discussion about me "being a willing foot soldier" for the nasty Republican "divide and conquer" campaign against the people. What's funny is the fact that I don't belong to any party! I vote for the most qualified candidate, NOT party affiliation. FYI, I couldn't stand either candidate, but voted for Trump, because I thought a non-political choice, who was also a businessman, would be good for job creation and our economy. I couldn't trust Hillary at all. I'm not saying Trump has been perfect in his decisions, but I'm willing to give the guy a chance. I'm 56 years old and never have seen a country become so divided because of butt hurt Liberals. Rioting, whining, calling Trump supporters racist, or xenophobes, not allowing free speech on college campuses, making fun and ridiculing Trump every day. You speak of "good sense", yet don't want to bother commenting on all the bad decisions and bad behavior the Liberals have made since the election. THEY are the ones dividing this country! Yeah, I really get it. Like I said earlier, you're a typical Liberal. If you have a moment, maybe you can read what this Republican "foot soldier" has to say, because he NAILS IT!

The so-called “tolerant” left is taking its unhinged hatred of the president to a brand-new low, and Kathy Griffin is only the latest offender.

Does this not expose a massive double standard when it comes to the left? Nine times out of 10, they can cross the line and they don't face any consequences. There's no outrage, no backlash. Conservatives don't say they need to be fired and boycotted. They're allowed to do and say whatever they want, whenever they want, especially when it comes to smearing and attacking conservatives, which is probably why Kathy Griffin thought it was OK to do that in the first place

I don’t support boycotts. But given the way the alt-left has come after me and others, some folks think it is time to give them a taste of their own medicine. Brian Maloney and Melanie Morgan have created the Media Equality Project to fight back against these efforts to silence conservative voices, and they intend to start by taking action against the hard left, whether it is over “jokes,” like Kathy Griffin’s, or conspiracy theories like those peddled by CNN and MSNBC. They won’t like it. But we don’t like what they do to us, either. And 11-year-old Barron Trump doesn’t like what they did to his daddy.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 6/1/2017 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Who are you folks trying to kid with your false indignation?

What about these examples of protected free speech and artistic license?

Hypocrite much?
edit on 1/6/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Please. You really don't know whereof you speak. I hold ALL political critters in equal contempt. So there is nothing for me to "debate." Yeah, the left sucks.... Bigly! So does the right.... Bigly!!! I'm not defending either one.

To be more specific to this OP, and that vile and repulsive photoshoot of KG, it is more contemptible for the Republicans to double-down and use it for their political agenda as it was for the KG to use it for her political agenda. At least it wasn't an official Democrat function or organization... just one mentally disturbed woman. But if a Republican organization uses it, they have the benefit of hindsight, and will be giving a big middle finger FU to the public who are saying loud and clear that it's wrong and unacceptable for ANYONE to do it.

It's wrong for the left and it's wrong for the right. Period. It's wrong. So there is absolutely nothing to debate. Nothing.

If you do not want to be just as vile and reprehensible as the liberals you claim are so bad, then I strongly suggest that you not take their sloppy seconds. If you are really an independent thinker and not just a mindless foot soldier for the PTB, then I strongly suggest you stop playing their left/right games.

Now, again, can you give me one good reason why it's okay for the Republicans to do it -- that has nothing to do with pointing fingers at anyone and everyone but yourself and crying about "Look what they did!" Or even worse, "They did so I can too!!!." Can you really speak for yourself? Can you really think for yourself? Show me. Prove me wrong. Show me some real independent thinking.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Keep reaching...No, not a hypocrite. These vile actions were done in poor taste, just like Kathy Griffin's photo. Many conservatives, including Republican politicians were strongly opposed to these photos of OBama. The difference is that every MSM news outlet covered this extensively. Remember what Ted Nugent said in regards to Obama last year? This incident lingered in the news for at least a week. This is the FIRST major incident done by a Liberal, that has garnered criticism from BOTH sides, including coverage on MSM. As far as FREE SPEECH, I'm referring to campuses where the Liberal student body and faculty members PROTESTED and SUCCEEDED in preventing Conservative pundits from giving scheduled speeches.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join