It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan House passes contentious 'Choose Life' license plate bill

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Michigan finally realized that they can legally make money from peoples vulnerabilities? Look out Washington, you have competition.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You don't see the slippery slope here? You probably already fell down it....

So, they get behind this movement, what's next? 2nd amendment siding with anti-gunners? Or maybe the 4th, come up with a No Warrant Needed plate...?

You'd like that, huh guy? You should get into politics, you have the Rght Stuff...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Are you saying the govt and pro life are opposed?

If anything they are neutral and the public wanted this.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

You don't see the slippery slope here? You probably already fell down it....

So, they get behind this movement, what's next? 2nd amendment siding with anti-gunners? Or maybe the 4th, come up with a No Warrant Needed plate...?

You'd like that, huh guy? You should get into politics, you have the Rght Stuff...

How about you go read my previous post and tell me how this is any different from the already established enviro/wildlife conservation group plates? Or any other specialty cause du jour plates?

Here, see what's already available:
www.michigan.gov...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Well I get my license plates free thanks to my husbands status as a military retiree and veteran.

So, why will I spend 35 dollars more.

Religious rights are going to love this one.

edit on 28-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Mandroid7

and correct

You are literally on a social media site, fighting for society to act as you see fit, and you agree with the state license plate system being used as a business to fight towards what you think society should do.

It's a state sponsored sjw program, using the states license plate authority

ace

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Where have I said I agreed?

The only reason pro lifers are not SJW's is because they don't need a shower and don't riot.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

it blurs the line between govt and religion.

That's thought occurred to me. Wait until people expect other issues to get the same treatment.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh My God - check out these racist deplorable state-sanctioned licence plates....something something, monster truck tyres....something, something, pro-2nd redneck compensating for something something.....

Or this pro-warpig plate from Califoristan about the global delivery system for 'freedom and democracy' lies...

Oh, the humanity, is no-one tolerant anymore?

/sarc (incase you were wondering)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wonder if these special plates will be using harvested recycled parts ?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I will give you $5 for 1/2 a plate, but I want it 2 days after purchase. Don't put it on the car or the deal is off.

And if a guy wants to talk to you about buying plate parts, make sure he isn't secretly videoing your conversation.
edit on 28-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I will give you $5 for 1/2 a plate, but I want it 2 days after purchase. Don't put it on the car of the deal is off.

And if a guy wants to talk to you about buying plate parts, make sure he isn't secretly videoing your conversation.

I'll sign a waiver and state all pieces must be used for "metallurgical" research or the deal is off.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Ok let's meet in a richy-rich motel and talk over glasses of wine about cutting up license plates like it is "specimens" from abortions.
I will have to run a bug detector over you, you understand we can't have this recorded and "edited" into something sick.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

LOL

We can only imagine what some of the "slogans" on the new Mich plates will say !!

And I would think the license plate factory "quality control" people will have some new "concerns" as well.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Ok let's meet in a richy-rich motel and talk over glasses of wine about cutting up license plates like it is "specimens" from abortions.
I will have to run a bug detector over you, you understand we can't have this recorded and "edited" into something sick.

Well we can always operate under the Michigan Drivers License "organ donor" program !!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm conservative, but abortion is so far down my list of things I really care about that it almost doesn't matter to me. If you were to pin me down I would tell you that I wish the practice of abortion weren't necessary or didn't even exist, but it's not up to me to think for other people, nor do I have (or want) the right to do so. I'm not religious, and I don't think abortion is "murder" (with a few exceptions), but most of all -- I'm not a woman. I don't feel comfortable weighing in the subject, to be quite honest...

That being said, what does bother me about the OP is that there is a possibility some of the funds generated by the "pro life" license plates will go to NGO political advocacy groups like Choose Life America.

That would be like selling pro-2nd Amendment license plates and donating some of the fees to the NRA.

Or selling pro-marijuana plates and donating the proceeds to NORML.

I don't want government in the political fund-raising business. That would be a very slippery slope as far as I'm concerned...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

"Born Free"

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Make sure to have full coverage on your car if you get one of those plates.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

a reply to: BestinShow

With all the issues in govt, this is the one that certain "asinine" people let slide and this is the one we should get the old soap box out for?
What should someone do if they disagree with this?

Don't buy the license plate.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Missed the point.

This of course is a personal decision.... yes a stupid ass license plate is now a personal decision.

Anyway the only reason people have an issue with this is that some people are going to buy this and they don't like it. So you answered a question that I did not ask.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join