It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Blue Book - History Channel Series Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Having never watched any of the current History Channel series, I think this one may tempt me...

New York, NY – May 25, 2017 – HISTORY® has given a 10-episode straight-to-series order to the original scripted drama Blue Book from A+E Studios, it was announced today by Paul Buccieri, President, A+E Studios and A+E Networks Portfolio Group. Executive produced by Academy Award and Golden Globe®-winner Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump, Back to the Future, Contact), Blue Book chronicles the true top secret United States Air Force-sponsored investigations into UFO-related phenomena in the 1950’s and 60’s known as “Project Blue Book.” The series follows Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a brilliant college professor recruited by the U.S. Air Force to spearhead this clandestine operation that researched thousands of cases, many of which were never solved. Each episode will draw from the actual files, blending UFO theories with authentic historical events from one of the most mysterious eras in United States history.

There is slightly more info here...
Link to Seriable

I remember watching a series called 'Dark Skies' that ended rather abruptly. Hopefully this will capture the same essence that series did of blending mystery-history and pure entertainment. I personally like Zemeckis' previous work...I hope he maintains his standards with this one...and stirs-up some heated discussions on ATS!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

You have to wonder with all these UFO related documented series if the government is trying to get the public to accept alien life forms, and the real possibility that we are being visited. Preparing the public for future disclosure.

If there is disclosure, I think people will be much more accepting of aliens visiting us rather than accepting the fact governments around the world have been lying to the public and covering it up for years.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I'm loving all the alien threads lately! Good work!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I (almost) apologize for being a wet blanket.... but...

If this was a series put out by the "old" History Channel I might be getting excited.

The modern/current History Channel, with shows like Pawn Stars (scripted "reality") and Mountain Men (scripted "reality") and the like.... I'll take a pass.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm intrigued. I'll give it a shot.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

You have to wonder with all these UFO related documented series if the government is trying to get the public to accept alien life forms, and the real possibility that we are being visited. Preparing the public for future disclosure.

If there is disclosure, I think people will be much more accepting of aliens visiting us rather than accepting the fact governments around the world have been lying to the public and covering it up for years.

Again, there will be no disclosure, because telling the people the truth about the alien visitations, will imply disclosing the fact that the aliens have been abducting thousands and thousands human beings for over a century, as a part of an extensive interbreeding program, with the final goal of infiltratin hybrid beings in our society.

You simply don't tell that.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I (almost) apologize for being a wet blanket.... but...

If this was a series put out by the "old" History Channel I might be getting excited.

The modern/current History Channel, with shows like Pawn Stars (scripted "reality") and Mountain Men (scripted "reality") and the like.... I'll take a pass.

No need to apologize, everybody has an opinion to be valued.

It will be a new experience for me, although I have friends who watch Vikings and really rate the production quality. I suppose the only way to truly find out is to give it a go.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'm loving all the alien threads lately! Good work!

Thank you.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

You could be right but I think that no matter how much the public accepts aliens as real and here...the first contact will shock us all, with many still not believing and attempting to debunk. I think the aliens themselves would be regarded as a government trick/cover up.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
having History Channel, I too, will give this series a shot.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The story of Blue Book in a series will be interesting. As I said in a thread last week, the story of Blue Book is an exact copy of the manner of operation of former FBI Director Comey in his public utterances: "Yes, the aliens/Hillary is guilty of the reported things that have been done, but, nevermind, nothing to see her, folks."

Blue Book has some excellent cases and then trashes them about every one such that the first and former head of Blue Book, Edward J. Ruppelt, then a former captain in the Air Force and author of The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects(he created the term "UFO,"disavowed that they were anything of substance.

But As the famous showman P.T. Barnum once exclaimed about negative newspaper articles (paraphrased), "I don't care what you say about me, just mention my name." So it is with UFOs. In stall the myth within the human psyche and that is half of the battle toward acceptance when that time comes.

join