It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question's regarding "The Flood"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Funny how they are pulling oil out of the oceans, as if they were once thriving ecosystems capable of producing the oil?

Oil, coal and gas comes from the partially decomposed remains of forests. It had to be specific conditions. The trees had to be buried in a thick layer of clay. Then these layers hardened as the water was squeezed out. The oil and gas became squeezed into salt domes at high pressure. Oil exploration then involves tapping into these domes. Oceans were once dry land, which became marshes, beaches, lakes, seas and then oceans.

With plate tectonics, a single continent can move 5mm year, 1 meter/200 years, 1 km/200,000 years. 1000 km/200 million years. In only 500 million years, the UK moved from the South pole to the Northern hemisphere.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
having grown up a in a Christian household and having the flood fed to me from my very beginning, I always took it that it was world wide. but thanks to my own grown up knowledge and common sense, I've realized that it was most likely a regional event.
yup, people lived by the seas. any kind of disturbance could cause a flood...locally.
throw in the oral traditions and human expansion and suddenly an event that covered the Earth (as they knew it) became greater than it was.
and given that there was a time before tribes mingled, an ark that saved everyone on earth (as they knew it) was completely logical for them.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I like your post better than mine, the idea would indeed put a hell of a lot of physics theory's and cosmology theory straight down the dunny, it actually makes sense but we are indoctrinated into a world view from an early age to such a degree that it become's hard to accept it, not based on science but because we believe based on what we were educated/indoctrinated that it is the other way.
But if I remember there were some very clever physicists in the past that shared this idea but maybe I am simply mixing exploding planet theory up with something else there.
Still unless there is something unique about the earth or it is indeed a living organism and not simply a planet like the others in the solar system then this type of growth must be shared by other planets in the system and evidence of such would therefore have to be present upon them - unless the earth is growing because it is a single giant organism of some kind?, what if the earth is an extremely long lived silicon based life form for example, it's process and life cycle simply being beyond our current ability to readily perceive, if so is it unique in the universe or a living member of a totally beyond our understanding species of super entity's?.
What is the moon in that idea, an egg, a larval stage?, a mate?, the remain's of a meal?.
edit on 24-5-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
a reply to: Gargoyle91
According to the ancient Greek historian Herodotus, there was a time when the casings of the Great Pyramids at Giza were still intact, there was a pronounced watermark about midway the height of the 2 Great Pyramids that was an evidence of a great flood. Granting that some historians think that even if Herodotus was considered the Father of History, his chronicles were not exactly error-free.

Flood in ancient Egypt?

Herodotus never said that about any pyramid.
If you insist, then here's his "Histories" - link.
Please point it out.

Harte

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

There is, in fact, a LOT of what they called "deep water" in some articles, and it also has t be considered that she shape of the land masses could be drastically changed, with land rising, and ocean floors falling, to make coverage from water change.

Yes, it's possible. When someone claims otherwise, have them explain why they panic about global warming claims that we'll all end up underwater.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte
You're right, it's not from Herodotus but from the medieval Arab historian Al Biruni, writing in his treatise The Chronology of Ancient Nations. My apologies. To quote from the notes of Sir Henry Rawlinson on Herodotus' accounts of The Great Pyramids; "It doesn't matter who tells you, you have still been told." No, I'm not trying to wriggle out of my mistake and make excuses, I appreciate it for pointing that out... yeah, I'm too lazy to fact check.

A few more interesting facts:
H. P. Blavatsky in one of her books of Hermes describes the pyramids as standing upon the sea-shore, "the waves of which dashed in powerless fury against its base." This implies that the geographical features of the country have been changed, and may indicate that we must accord to [the pyramids] . . . an origin antedating the upheaval of the Sahara and other deserts. -- Isis Unveiled 1:520.

The salt encrustation discovered in the Queen's Chamber when it was first opened... One of the greatest mysteries of this chamber has been the salt encrustation on the walls. It was up to one-half-inch thick in places, and Petrie took it into account when he made measurements of the chamber. The salt also was found along the Horizontal Passage and in the lower portion of the Grand Gallery. How did salt come to build up on the walls?

Those who have seen some significance in the presence of the salt have speculated that it could have been deposited on the walls as the water of the biblical Great Flood receded. Others have speculated that the Great Pyramid and its neighbors were surrounded by water at one time. -- Christopher Dunn, The Giza Power Plant, p. 193.

There are also mentions of the great flood in the Mayan Popol Vuh, the Vedic Manu-smriti and the Chinese Gun-Yu to name a few.
Flood Myths
Why Does Nearly Every Culture Have a Tradition of a Global Flood?

Did a Comet Cause the Great Flood?
edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

I can't find it at the moment, but haven't they done satellite scans that show the Nile used to run along the pyramids? nevertheless, its course has changed dramatically over the centuries. so when the Nile flooded each season, the water most probably lapped at the bases.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend
Yes, that could be the most plausible explanation but if there is substance to Al Biruni's account of about 400 feet above the present level of the Nile River, that's too high. To put it in perspective, that's almost 100 more feet higher than the Statue of Liberty.

Should we just dismiss Al Biruni's account and not check his sources, which I hope there is an English translation available on line?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm thinking there was civilization on Pangaea once it started to separate it did it in a quick but slow manner causing earthquakes and such which would explain the rubble of some sites,
Now the Flood well with the different pieces of Pangaea moving apart It would happen at 1st the break would be violent the settle and drift with a few bangs and one final bang ,
So not Earth shattering just really bad for awhile , Now the people would see the once all together Pangaea spreading apart and that would be a great flood in their eyes , Also explains the story of babel ..

Do we have our timelines wrong?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

a reply to: PolyCottonBlend
Yes, that could be the most plausible explanation but if there is substance to Al Biruni's account of about 400 feet above the present level of the Nile River, that's too high. To put it in perspective, that's almost 100 more feet higher than the Statue of Liberty.

Should we just dismiss Al Biruni's account and not check his sources, which I hope there is an English translation available on line?

The altitude of the pyramids of Giza is only 19m |(62ft)

The Arabian plate is moving away from Nubia in a northwest direction in the Red Sea at a rate varying along the strike of the rift between 14 mm/yr and 5.6 mm/yr (McClusky et al., 2003). At the Mid Atlantic Ridge, spreading is occurring at an average half rate of 12-13 mm/yr (Wang et al., 2011).

So it's quite possible these plates could move up and down at a similar rate. In just 200 years, the pyramids of Giza could move from sea-level to where they are now.

The only way water could get that high would be by a tsunami.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Trying to make sense of it Scientifically- I'm thinking any item from before a massive planetary flood would be buried a whole lot deeper then we think,.
It's religious Dogma, don't attempt to bring science into it.

There was no great flood that encompassed the entire earth.

Think about it, Mount Everest is five miles high....

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Think about it, Mount Everest is five miles high....

It wasn't before 5 miles of mud got washed out around it?

Earth is a cymatoplasmagnetically levitating dirt crumb, it probably ran into a water droplet at one point in the past. Remember we are bacteria. These slow motion events called life play out in the sneezes and farts of immense space creatures too large to seperate from our perception of the universe itself.

Mountains used to be buried rocks until the dirt washed away around them. You can kinda see that with your eyes. What used to be vallies are now mountains, because the water kept flowing and the mud kept rolling. They didn't keep pushing up after solidifying. They were uncovered by massive erosion.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

This flood that is spoken about, when was it supposed to have taken place?

The Himalayas been around for a while ya know.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
I don't know what's wrong with me today, yes that's about 200 feet midway- about knee deep of the Statue of Liberty, which is still too high for an ordinary flood... but I wouldn't trust my estimate... or anything I post.

Measurements of the Great Pyramid

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

How else could it have happened?

god did it, no scientific reason is needed. Upset with how corrupt the Earth had become, He (apparently it has a gender) snapped his grubby, greasy little fingers and the water dispersed everywhere in an instant!

But, why would he have done that since God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good..? He knows the future, so he didn't see that one coming?

Oh, and get this: I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. Isaiah 46:9, 10

What a goddamn narcissistic hypocrite, huh?

I just realized how much more fun it is to tear into religion than politics...nice change, thanks OP!

Wow. So brave and edgy.

Do you also think humans would have colonized Mars by now if not for religion?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
The expanding Earth model has some good logic behind it.

How does or why it grows, is up for grabs.

Perhaps being bombarded by particles from the Sun,
(for the last 4.2 Billion years) the mass begins to add up,
causing the Earth to expand. And the water to spread out.

Actually, it doesn't have good logic behind it. It's completely wrong. All you have to do is look at any geologic map of any country or state.

It does not, for example, explain why we have fossils of fish and mosasaurs and other oceanic animals here in Texas. Mosasaurs are huge (Tylosaurus proriger, which we have here in Texas, wasup to 46 feet in length - along with turtles and clams (zillions of them in the fossil beds ... but very few dinosaurs. Same with Oklahoma. If you watch that video, Texas and Oklahoma never go underwater.

Yet those Tylosaurs, sharks, turtles, and oysters didn't walk here.

And there's thousands of other examples.

The video is wrong.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Has anyone ever taken a Map of the world Placed all the known Monoliths and Ancient structures in their proper location and put Pangaea back together?

I bet it would explain how everyone knew how to build Pyramids and would also explain the Polynesian heads in Mexico/south America It would also explain Gobekli Tepe with all the different faces. Just might show us where to look for other sites.

Bet it would also explain all the sunken cities we are finding around coastlines.

edit on 5/25/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
What's your take on Albiruni's account? Here's a direct quote; Chapter 3, On The Nature of the Eras (under Era of the Deluge), starts at the 6th line, page 28:

People are of opinion, that the traces of the water of the Deluge, and the effects of the waves are still visible on these two pyramids half-way up, above which the water did not rise. Another report says, that Joseph had made them a magazine, where he deposited the bread and victuals for the years of drought.

It is related, that Tahmurath on receiving the warning of the Deluge—231 years before the Deluge—ordered his people to select a place of good air and soil in his realm. Now they did not find a place that answered better to this description than Ispahan. Thereupon, he ordered all scientific books to be preserved for posterity, and to be buried in apart of that place, least exposed to obnoxious influences. In favour of this report we may state that in our time in Jay, the city of Ispahan,there have been discovered hills, which, on being excavated, disclosed houses, filled with many loads of that tree-bark, with which arrows and shields are covered, and which is called Tilz, bearing inscriptions, of which no one was able to say what they are, and what they mean.

No mention of his source, I guess medieval historians do not make footnotes. Any idea who Joseph and Tahmurath were? Whether Albiruni just heard of the story or read from another Arab historian is not clear.

One timeline of the Pangea puts it to about 300 million years ago, I'm cool with that, but you'll make Byrd angry.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Has anyone ever taken a Map of the world Placed all the known Monoliths and Ancient structures in their proper location and put Pangaea back together?

I bet it would explain how everyone knew how to build Pyramids and would also explain the Polynesian heads in Mexico/south America It would also explain Gobekli Tepe with all the different faces. Just might show us where to look for other sites.

Bet it would also explain all the sunken cities we are finding around coastlines.

Well, we're not finding a lot of sunken cities around coastlines. Nor would putting Pangaea back together show anything.

The pieces of rock that made up the surface of Pangaea are now buried under other layers of rock - and many are folded and some are subducted.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Byrd
What's your take on Albiruni's account? Here's a direct quote; Chapter 3, On The Nature of the Eras (under Era of the Deluge), starts at the 6th line, page 28:

People are of opinion, that the traces of the water of the Deluge, and the effects of the waves are still visible on these two pyramids half-way up, above which the water did not rise. Another report says, that Joseph had made them a magazine, where he deposited the bread and victuals for the years of drought.

It is related, that Tahmurath on receiving the warning of the Deluge—231 years before the Deluge—ordered his people to select a place of good air and soil in his realm. Now they did not find a place that answered better to this description than Ispahan. Thereupon, he ordered all scientific books to be preserved for posterity, and to be buried in apart of that place, least exposed to obnoxious influences. In favour of this report we may state that in our time in Jay, the city of Ispahan,there have been discovered hills, which, on being excavated, disclosed houses, filled with many loads of that tree-bark, with which arrows and shields are covered, and which is called Tilz, bearing inscriptions, of which no one was able to say what they are, and what they mean.

No mention of his source, I guess medieval historians do not make footnotes. Any idea who Joseph and Tahmurath were? Whether Albiruni just heard of the story or read from another Arab historian is not clear.

One timeline of the Pangea puts it to about 300 million years ago, I'm cool with that, but you'll make Byrd angry.

That he was reporting what was told to him. Like Herodotus, he relied on informants who spoke the language and reading things from other people. At time, they did not have an accurate map of the Earth nor a real understanding of what rock layers meant or geologic time. It's like coming on a complex crime scene - but only being able to see one square inch of the crime scene rather than being able to see the whole 800 square foot area.

Joseph is the Biblical patriarch, "Tahmuras" was the "third Shah (king) of the world"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join