It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the media really cares about...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
All they care about is that you are invested in the narrative they are pushing.

We all (for the most part) agree that the media has an agenda, right? So what is their agenda other than what they report on on a daily basis? Whatever they report on you can be sure it's what they WANT you thinking about and/or arguing over otherwise their agenda couldn't move forward as intended.

So what does this mean? It means that whatever side you are on, whether you believe the media is truthful or not, they have you following their storyline and have you investing time and energy on the "issues" they want you to be investing time and energy on.

Do they really care if you or anyone else believes whether or not they are biased? No they don't, all they care about is that you are talking about them and the narrative they're pushing.

So if you regularly make or post in threads dealing with the latest political drama being discussed in the media then you are doing exactly what they want you doing, focusing on what they want you focused on.

Think about that and what it may mean about all the drama and division going around the media these days. Seems as though their divide and conquer technique is working just as it was meant to.

A good portion of the regular posters on these forums are completely engrossed by the game they're playing on us, too blinded by the shiny objects (drama/controversy) the media keeps jingling in front of us every day to wake up to how they're really being influenced by the media's manufactured narrative.

Wake up, they have you right where they want you whether for or against.
edit on 5/24/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're right of course.
As you may well know: this strategy is not limited to the media, but is also employed by governments; corporations; institutions and organizations; agencies; military; and by every type of possible group whom is pushing an agenda.
It's everywhere!

They push their agendas though: well-versed, and divisive talking points; and we get caught-up in the fray, and spend our time arguing over "tom-ay-to; tom-ah-to", while they get-away with the indentured slavery of the public-at-large.

We squabble amongst ourselves, while the rich get richer.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Nothin because: sp

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Media creates division.
Division creates anger.
Media creates anger.
Anger breeds fear.
Media creates fear.
Fearful people spend everything to get out of it, including their freedoms.

Game over.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

So is your post, which by definition is engrossed with what the media is saying, also an example of you focusing on what they want you to focus on?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Indeed ! you nailed it. The whole narrative is it to keep us inside the mindprison.

May I add :

Now is the time to wake up. The whole media is a big ´honeypot´. Forever keeping publics's mind on the 'social/political' level , using dirty psychological tricks and therefore making them unable to see the connections to the deeper truth.
If they do they are ridiculed by their peers. And then they start to selfcensor their posts . A manufactured system working against humanity controlled by the 'alphabeth organizations'.

The media is the enemy of humanity an enemy that has to be defeated.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves."

-Vladimir Lenin

I think this quote applies here perfectly, those in power are leading both sides (liberal/conservative) and using their differences against one another to create the squabbles you mentioned. While we squabble over the topics they spoon feed us they get away with the money so to speak.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sure, Ill admit it. Will you?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sure, Ill admit it. Will you?

Yes absolutely. I see where you are coming from.

But I don't think there is an easy solution to the problem.

For example, lets say the media spends day after day discussing wall st and some sort of corruption going on there.

Must we then ignore any wall st corruption, because thats playing into their hands?

Or if we see the media attacking a person like Ron Paul, must I not defend him because i have walked into their trap?

I think that the best we can do is hold a high standard of proof and not rely on the media for our discussion. We must also ask ourselves "Is this a productive topic, or a distraction"

And we have to be vigilant and admit we all fall short at times.

But I don't think just ignoring topics discussed by the media is the answer.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The first step is to stop blaming only one side for our problems when in reality it is both sides that are the problem. That has been their gameplan this entire time, to make one side hate the other and vice versa.

Why is the media so blatantly biased against Trump? Because they want his supporters to see that clear bias so that hate and distrust builds up inside them.

Why does Trump keep intentionally doing things that will piss liberals off? So that liberals hate for conservatives will build up inside of them.

It's all part of the plan, they are pulling it off pretty well so far.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Nothin

"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves."

-Vladimir Lenin

I think this quote applies here perfectly, those in power are leading both sides (liberal/conservative) and using their differences against one another to create the squabbles you mentioned. While we squabble over the topics they spoon feed us they get away with the money so to speak.

The part of us that is dualistic, just thrives on this kinda stuff.
Us vs. them. The ego trying desperately to put a label on everything, and classify it as good/bad.
It keeps the focus on the divide, instead of on the whole.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

- Abraham Lincoln

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Where did this obsession with the media come from?

Don't like it? Don't watch/read it.

The end.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: JinMI

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

- Abraham Lincoln

Screw that guy! I primed that pump, it's mine!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I think the media just wants to make money. They will say anything if it sells. They do the innuendo. They sing and dance. When it's done they haven't told you a thing. It seems Kraft is king. It's all about money.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

A good portion of the regular posters on these forums are completely engrossed by the game they're playing on us, too blinded by the shiny objects (drama/controversy) the media keeps jingling in front of us every day to wake up to how they're really being influenced

In a nut shell, that's pretty much it. Most people can't walk down the street without being led astray by it.

Few people have clear insight into what's being fed to their subconscious. Totally unfortunate when I see the mess it's becoming.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Of course, that's all it's ever about is money. Their money maker is pushing the drama the elites want them pushing so they do. They stop pushing the drama they stop getting their paycheck, they are just willing participants in the chess game being run by those in power.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm sitting in a TV cable access new media studio now as we speak, it's 10 pm and I'll be here till 3 am, 14 hr day. At least 1 million+ worth of gear and this is a bare bones operation. Producers, directors, camera people, switchers, grips, gaffers, secretaries, writers all want to get paid. I sure as **** do. It's totally about the money. We don't produce stories that nobody wants to watch. Advertisers won't spend money on halfassed BS, they want maximum exposure for their product or service. We don't care about your politics; all we want to do is snare your attention long enough for you to watch the damn ads. Thats it! In order for us to get the ratings, maintain an audience we target our programming so we can make MONEY. It's a business, it's capitalism and if it bothers you, start your own goddamn studio and make the programs you want.

Build a neon shrine to Trump and make it a church service, who knows it could be the next big thing. But it takes team work and a good sense of business and investors for the start up capital. It's easy....lol

edit on 28-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We literally call out the media for anon sources and similar crap, what are you talking about?

...unless you just had a revelation and realized half the stuff you've watched all your life, CNN, MSNBC, Racheal Maddo.., was all bullcrap.

Naw, I think Ill trust the inquiring minds here at ATS, legit.
edit on 28-5-2017 by Arnie123 because: Oops

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
We literally call out the media for anon sources and similar crap, what are you talking about?

...unless you just had a revelation and realized half the stuff you've watched all your life, CNN, MSNBC, Racheal Maddo.., was all bullcrap.

Naw, I think Ill trust the inquiring minds here at ATS, legit.

Do you honestly think the ATS whine fest will change the way the Media operates. In the grand scheme of things ATS is a less than minor player. It's fun, entertaining and many other things but it's not news. Everybody only hears what they want to hear anyway. Real thinking takes to much effort....lol.

top topics

join