It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social imbalance in Asia and Russian.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yes the rich are getting richer and poorer are getting poorer.

Russia- The few oligards control everything , most of the people outside Moscow are living on pittence money. And their conditions are detoriating. Even so some people are even demanding the return of the communist government.
Russian government on the other hand are wasting money and power in chechnya.

India- Large portion of the population does not even have clean drinking water. whereas the rich live a life of opulance.If this problem is not solved this will bring huge tension in the future. In its false pride it even refused aid in the Tsumani .

Malaysia- The new rich kid in the block. It has grown arrogant, Throwing out Indonessian worker out of the country. Its strictly on a hire when u need basis u see.

China- The Iron fist , no democracy(the western version of representative democracy is no good either), and no hope for a lot of people in the country side.

Its the same old story everywhere.

Note - I am giving my views ,no need to get violent and upset. If I am wrong show the light.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I have some questions for you about your post, because it seems somewhat misinformed.

How do you suppose Moscow is wasting money and power in Chechnya? They are trying to reunite the soviet state to increase the prosperity and economic clout of the region, ostensibly. In truth Russia is still scrambling to realign and reposess all the military assets that were dissolved during the break up. For example, the Sunburn and Onyx missles are manufactured in Ukraine.. No wonder that region is so important huh?

Also, Oligarchs are in control the world over, it's not just Russia. Seriously.

India has not changed perceptibly in 5000 years, with few exceptions. Why do you think the same old problems now herald drastic new changes?

The quote you used without attribution as your sig should be properly attributed to Joe E. Lewis. Credit where credit is due.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I have some questions for you about your post, because it seems somewhat misinformed.

How do you suppose Moscow is wasting money and power in Chechnya? They are trying to reunite the soviet state to increase the prosperity and economic clout of the region, ostensibly. In truth Russia is still scrambling to realign and reposess all the military assets that were dissolved during the break up. For example, the Sunburn and Onyx missles are manufactured in Ukraine.. No wonder that region is so important huh?

Also, Oligarchs are in control the world over, it's not just Russia. Seriously.

India has not changed perceptibly in 5000 years, with few exceptions. Why do you think the same old problems now herald drastic new changes?

The quote you used without attribution as your sig should be properly attributed to Joe E. Lewis. Credit where credit is due.

Thanks I did not knew whose quote it was I have rectified my account.

As for the posting I am waiting for other people response.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Eh? False pride made for 'refusing aid'?

What about more likely your false prejudices clouding an understanding of the ground realities?

This 'refusing aid' is an utter fallacy.

India refused foreign manpower and equipment in disaster relief because it simply did not need it. Apart from local, state and national emergency services, military personnel, and countless others working through NGOs, India has a National Emergency Relief Force of about 8,500, organized in 144 self-contained teams (50% of them with NBC specialization) that do the specialized relief/rescue work themselves with equipment that is top-of-the-line.

India actually provided the majority of specialized rescue/relief and disaster management teams in Sri Lanka and the Maldives.

India had a national relief fund from which over $300million dontations were raised from civilians in India itself. India also accepted aid from international organizations and established relief organizations -- the majority of their aid donations also being made out to the National Relief Fund.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I have to hand it to JADESTONE. In a day or two he/she has managed to insult people from almost every country represented on ATS.

top topics

join