It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King greets President Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

Whenever someone rubs your nose in reality, the only response you have is to accuse them of being extreme and emotional. I guess that's what psychologists call "projection."

Reality? Oh, that's where you think you are...

You only get accused of being extreme and emotional, because that is what you are putting forward as arguments.

This is not the Mud Pit. "I know you are but what am I" is not an acceptable argument here.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

God help us all..

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
dp
edit on 20-5-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: intrptr
That we choose to ally ourselves wth such a Despot nation is more disturbing to me.

And yet you allied yourself with the French in the Great Colonial Hissyfit of Ingratitude of 1775.

"Double standards" much?

No, or should I say not me. The edict of constitution law holds for isolationism, free trade wth all, entangling alliances with none. The self determination of the free state goes against itself and the will of the people by becoming dependent on others.

Not that anyone cares anymore. This nations rogue gubment is so far off track... ever hear me speak any differently?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Thanks Jesus. Go Hilla.....I mean Trump. Can't tell the difference anymore.

I know, kept saying it, doesn't matter who is in the Oval office.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Whenever someone rubs your nose in reality, the only response you have is to accuse them of being extreme and emotional. I guess that's what psychologists call "projection."

Reality? Oh, that's where you think you are...

You only get accused of being extreme and emotional, because that is what you are putting forward as arguments.

This is not the Mud Pit. "I know you are but what am I" is not an acceptable argument here.

"I know you are but what am I" is a not a credible riposte.

Overly emotional and extreme statements like "Trump has made it emphatically clear he does not give a damn about democracy, the rule of law, and human rights" being made day in day out, with no balance, are tiresome and there seems little attempt gain some perspective.

The fact is that Trump has commanded respect from the Saudi's, on his terms. I have contrasted the low key reception they gave Obama and the way he grovelled to the King. It is far better to influence the KSA from a position of mutual respect.

Your animus towards your President has clearly clouded your judgement.
edit on 20/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Saudi Arabia are an ally. Arms deals are normal between allies.

Nothing 'normal' about this relationship..

Sorry, but this is not Star Wars.

The arms companies would disagree.

I am more struck by the total respect shown to President Trump and the far more appropriate way in which he met the King. No grovelling, no weakness like Obama, who humiliated himself on the world stage.

We can't hear what is being said, never will.

That we choose to ally ourselves wth such a Despot nation is more disturbing to me. Not just for the oil industry, but for arms use to slaughter innocents wholesale (currently in Yemen and Syria).

Ah, so they're the enemy too eh? Maybe Trump should be impeached for colluding with Saudi's

That would be like arresting the lawyers that defend the Mob... (monkeys grin)

Or a game show host, circus ring announcer, etc...

If we could arrest the men behind the curtain ... never mind, they control all levers in the land of OZ.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I noticed on the news that the women in Trump's party aren't wearing the head scarves either.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I noticed on the news that the women in Trump's party aren't wearing the head scarves either.

..and the Saudi King also shook Melania's hand at the foot of Air Force One.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Meh, all presidents visit the kingdom of Crude and embrace with arms.

To the Saudi, they are mere frontmen...

image search

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I was kinda cracking up at the coffee servers. They were carrying.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert
happens at four minutes and 20 seconds mark (4:20). The King approaches the staircase as Trump and wife descend to the tarmac. He shakes Donald's hand, and then Melania's.
a reply to: intrptr
Its funny you did a search term with Trump's name, but the only results that came up were Obama and George W.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Ya, I went back and continued to watch it. Seemed like a regular greeting. Nothing spectacular. Not sure what the big deal is.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The big deal is he did not bow in submission or hold his hand as if on some grand date. Bush enjoyed his dates with the previous Saudi King as they held hands together walking the White House grounds. Obama not only would bow to the King, but would have his face pet like a dog by the Turkish psycho Erdogan as well.

Leaders of the world bite their tongue and approach Donald with the respect expected of a real leader. The guy who called Obamas mother a whore, belittled himself as a microscopic spec of insignificance after Trump won. The Chinese changed the way they spoke officially with a less confrontational language.

Regardless of how one feels about the man, he ain't getting walked on like his predecessor.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Six months ago, Saudi Arabia was the source of all the terror and bloodshed on Earth. A country where gays are thrown off of rooftops. A country where men treated their camels better than their women. A backwards, primitive kingdom of darkness. Now it is our glorious ally. I guess Trump really relates to the way it is run as a family business and holds his own values.

They seem to be a great ally of the Democrat party, contributing to Hillary to the tune of millions, who did nothing to curtail their humanitarian record. Still, now there is a President who isn't going to go on a grovelling tour around the world, we can have more hope of progress.

The King is quite happy with Trump because Trump has made it emphatically clear that he does not give a damn about democracy, the rule of law, and human rights. He has expressed his admiration for despots, and despots love him. What, exactly, are you hoping for?

Trump has made it clear he "does not give a damn about democracy, the rule of law, and human rights"? I can see you are not with us in this reality at the moment so I will leave it till you come back down to earth.

Ha, NBC news Nothing But Crap logo at the end. I should've known.

They try to make him look bad but in fact they make him look real and honest, unlike most muppets that served America before him.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Another thing he changed his mind. He criticized Michelle Obama for not wearing one. I did notice Ivanka and Melania were covered from neck to toe.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I think you're looking too far in to it. It's a greeting. Who gives a damn?

When Comey refused to hug Trump, was Comey asserting his dominance over him?

What did it mean when Trump held hands with May?

How about the awkward handshake with the PM of Japan? That look on the PM's face afterward was priceless. Trump looked like a fool.

Anyway, this issue is childish and it's only being mentioned out of pure partisanship.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Ya, I went back and continued to watch it. Seemed like a regular greeting. Nothing spectacular. Not sure what the big deal is.

I must admit I have never really paid much attention to these things in the past. I only watched this one because it was posted on this thread. It was pretty much what I expected. Then I noticed the commentary on the vid. They seemed amazed that the King actually met them at the plane. Eh? What do I know?

My partner on the other hand, said this was not a normal greeting. She lived in SA as a teenager from '78-'83. Her dad worked for Saudia Air. First thing she noticed was that Melania stepped out of the plane before Trump. Then the King shook Melania's hand after shaking Trump's. She found that to be quite unusual.

Like I said, what do I know? It was basically what I expected a greeting of another head of state to be. I'll leave the nuances of the greeting to those that know more about SA society and culture.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Leaders of the world bite their tongue and approach Donald with the respect expected of a real leader.

Oh please they laugh at him because of his ignorance about everything like NATO, the nuclear triad and so on.

The Chinese changed the way they spoke officially with a less confrontational language.

Because they finally got one of their boys in office. Just look at everything the Trump corporation has gotten since Trumpy has been in office. 38 new trademarks for little Trumpy nice little payoff huh?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

..and the Saudi King also shook Melania's hand at the foot of Air Force One.

Shouldn't he have grabbed her by the pussy? After all the king is rich and famous those are the reasons why Trump said he could do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join