It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain DNC Staffer's Family Orders Blabbing Detective to 'Cease and Desist'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The family of slain Democratic staffer Seth Rich is threatening legal action against a private investigator after his "outrageous behavior" has given fuel to right-wing conspiracy theories about the unsolved murder of their son.

An attorney representing the family of Rich, who was 27 when he was killed last July, sent a cease and desist letter Friday to Rod Wheeler, a Fox News contributor and former Washington, D.C., homicide detective who was employed by the family and earlier this week told a Fox affiliate that he believed police were covering up details about the crime.

So the family hires this Private Investegator, he is paid for by other interests than the family who then starts a big kerfuffle about stand down orders and a missing laptop which story he then recants.

Next, the family hires a very pricey lawyer to have tue cease and desist order issued:

...wrote Joseph Ingrisano of the law firm Katuk Rock, according to a copy of the letter shared exclusively with NBC News.

Regards Katuk Rock LLP:

Kutak Rock LLP is a national law firm of more than 500 lawyers with offices from coast to coast. Our firm serves local, regional and national clients in a practice that spans a wide range of disciplines. We encourage our attorneys to take advantage of the national resources and broad range of experience the firm offers in order to provide the best legal services possible to our clients.

katurock.com

Regards Mr. Ingrisano:

Mr. Ingrisano has extensive experience in the defense of broker-dealers, investment bankers, underwriting managers, insurance companies, corporate officers and attorneys as lead trial counsel and co-counsel in securities fraud class actions, litigations and arbitrations throughout the nation, as well as in enforcement matters brought by the SEC and stock exchanges. Mr. Ingrisano joined Kutak Rock LLP in March 1985, became a partner in the firm in January 1988 and currently serves as chair of the Washington, D.C. office's Litigation Department.

katukrock.com

Seems an odd choice of lawyer to me, but what do I know?

edit on 19-5-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

They dont want to give their hand away. They are investigating. You got to be sneaky like a ninja during investigations, not blabber mouthing.... until the time is right.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sometimes the "Names" are just crazy "coincidences".

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is so mysterious.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I would humor the same people who killed Seth may have threatened them to stop digging.

Let's be honest, burglaries usually have something missing.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just another very predictable move. I read some interesting things on Pol and they will not let that go anytime soon. I hope Trumps plans pan out. The media had no shame to slander Seth Rich more and pretend it's fake news. F#cking vultures. Well the pendulum is still swinging but it's going to fall pretty soon. Justice will prevail. The Leprechauns prediction of nooses and broken necks will come true soon enough.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The whole thing is like a "school play " ...MWW anyone ?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Or the family could tell he was trying to create an agenda, that they didn't find credible..

Which says either a lot about them as the family. Since most families will grasp at any straws for closure..or it says slot about him and how bad his agenda appeared to be..

The PI must have come off as a total nut job if he couldn't get the grieving family on board..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This is so mysterious.

Is it???

Seems to me the family did not think he was honestly investigating the case, and instead was pushing an agenda..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Is it really even the family requesting this?

Or is it their "spokesman", Brad Bauman?

As I mentioned in another thread, it seems like the family is being "handled".

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'm not really into this story... So I'm sure I'm missing something.

But why would they hire a PI in the first unless they thought the official story was a lie?

Is it normal for a family to track down common criminals who kill their loved ones in a robbery? Or do they more often leave that to the police?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
They should stick to asking, or answering, basic questions about the case.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Obviously this is off the top of my head, but what makes sense from all those involved is:

Fox News wanted the inside scoop so they offered their PI's services for free..

The family was onboard, because come on, there kid was an unsolved murder..

But as time went on it became obvious the PI wasn't interested in solving the murder, he was interested in pushing a pre determined narrative..

So they tell him to stop , they no longer want his services.. he keeps pushing, so they finally got fed up and put out the desist order..

Honestly I think the PI would have to be very obnoxious and obviously pushing a fake narrative before the family would drop a PI investigating their sons murder..

It is doubtful parents wouldn't want it solved, so they must have realized that's not what he was trying to do..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I think since a families spokesman is always a trusted figure, I think it is safe to assume they would refute the claim if it is false.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

What?!?!

So if they accept the help of a media sites personal PI and then find out he isn't actually investigating the case, but instead pushing an agenda. They shouldn't tell anyone?!?!?!

What?!?!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I'm reading subreddit and POL areas discussion on SR was shutdown and post deletions were occurring.

Anything to that?

Someone getting to close?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I'm reading subreddit and POL areas discussion on SR was shutdown and post deletions were occurring.

Anything to that?

Someone getting to close?

So close the parents called off the investigation?!?!

Doubtful..

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Person issuing the statement is a high priced crisis manager for the democrats. That's not weird
edit on 20-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
Person issuing the statement is a high priced crisis manager for the democrats. That's not weird

Weird, same kind of strange that the DNC would not allow
The FBI to look at the DNC server after it was hacked.

Same kind of strange that surrounded many other
people turning up dead who were linked to The Clintons.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The family stated they could not afford to pay a PI but they have a very high paid spokesperson.

Who is paying for this spokesperson? The DNC? Soros?

new topics

top topics

join