It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC informs your boss, school if your comment is offensive or inappropriate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: introvert

Exactly.
Don't like the terms of service, don't use them.

Makes me wonder if they read the ATS terms and conditions.

22) Disclaimer: TAN does not and cannot review all of the content of every message Posted and does not accept responsibility for the contents of any messages. We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict Posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to Post messages that violate these Terms and Conditions of Membership, your account may be terminated, your ability to access to the Websites may be restricted or blocked, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behavior. Furthermore, TAN expressly reserves the rights under the law to take any other actions deemed necessary.

22a) Disclosure: TAN also reserves the right to disclose any known personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the law or comply with a legal process served on TAN, protect and defend the rights or property of the TAN domains, or visitors to these domains, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties, and cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
edit on 20-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Bahaha!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Hehehehe.
Those terms are pretty standard I'd imagine.
It was the part about notifying your boss that I think was overstepping a line.
It reminded me of something you'd do as a kid if you fell out with your mates and said you were gonna go and tell their Mum!

As I said, it shouldn't bother me cos a) I don't use any of their services and b) Even if I did I'm not the type to post anything likely to get me in trouble anyway.

I probably let my hatred of the BBC get the better of me here, knowing the questionable methods they use over the license fee.

<< 1  2   >>

join