It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Entertain the idea of a Space Cadet Academy for a moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So lets entertain the idea of slashing the US DoD Budget in half, cancelling all overseas mobilizations and sending all equipment and soldiers back home also dissolving NASA. Direct this new funding towards a new initiative of the training and conditioning of children slotted for a new space program that will promote and develope new and innovative technologies to getting to other planets in our solar system and planets no farther than 1 to 3 light years away, with the possibility of sending pioneer astronauts on (one or two) way trips to establish colonies.

This new space cadet academy will also include a space travel research facility and the HQ for the new space agency. Also this will include any country willing to cut their defense spending in half and ending all current military operations to combine their funds with the program to be included into it.

The age bracket limits will only allow children (10-15) to join the new program. This program would be permanent and if the child chooses to leave, there will be no re-admittances after 3 months. The cost of the life-time program would be unknown, however the program would consist of a variety of science and technology and astronaut centered courses strictly for the future of the space travel initiative.

Children will be taught, trained, and mentored in the various courses until they choose their occupation within the space program upon graduation at 18 years of age, the school year would be longer than the traditional school year. Also the children would be given a set number of cadet uniforms, cadet housing, food, shuttle travel, afterschool programs, lots of facilites that are for cadets to enjoy for fun but also instilling the mind with critical thinking skills that are geared in fun and team-work, a family structure would be loosely based on a military like ranking structure in regards to who is the superior in charge to keep order and discipline while in the academy. Also the academy will allow set weeks of the year for family visitation and recieve updates on their childs progress through the years.

Also to mention for your childs couragous choice to join the program. Families of the children will be given many benefits and special recognition for their support for a new future for humanity.

This academy will be the largest government/private funded school on the face of the Earth. One goal. One Team. All for humanity's expansion into the uncharted regions of space.

Good idea or what?
edit on 17-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Soundsboutright..

Maybe we would unite as a species.. Maybe there would be a future..

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Nice idea until we encounter extraterrestrial civilizations. We will then militarize our space forces and launch wars of aggression against them.

It will then be followed by brutal genocide against all non human species.

And if we encounter other human civilizations in space, the cycle of war and bloodshed continues since we will inevitably go to war against them.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Nice idea until we encounter extraterrestrial civilizations. We will then militarize our space forces and launch wars of aggression against them.

It will then be followed by brutal genocide against all non human species.

And if we encounter other human civilizations in space, the cycle of war and bloodshed continues since we will inevitably go to war against them.

I dont think it will be an issue unless "they" attack first.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

When do we start?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Cool idea and i enjoyed reading your OP.

But in reality this will not happen. We are too busy killing each other here. Why would we colonize other planets for? killing each other there then?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

What if comes to the point where we have a Earth human supremacist group in power? One that believes that Earth humans are the master race and that all other non humans and even non earth humans are the inferior races.

They will like the Nazis attack first by using that justification.

Believe me there are a few people here right now who thinks the only way to end racism, homophobia, etc. among humans in Earth and unite all of them is by forming a Earth human supremacist group.
edit on 5/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Cool idea and i enjoyed reading your OP.

But in reality this will not happen. We are too busy killing each other here. Why would we colonize other planets for? killing each other there then?

It would be non military. No weapons in space. If there would be any weapon, just the reactor engine that powers the ship

link   
In France, there are Navy, Air force and Army cadet school. Even the fire brigade known as Pompiers have their own cadet school. So why not have science cadets. Usually the air force pilots get to become astronauts.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
Thats the whole point if a life time training academy to mold cadets

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So you agree that we should form an Earth human supremacist group?

Believe me it will inevitable that an Earth human supremacist ideology will form among these cadets.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm a bit of a space cadet these days, but on a serious note my only reservation would be boarding/on base from age 10.

I was a sea cadet from 10-16 in the unit attached to my school. Lots of nautical academic work, drill, PT, plus evenings and weekends/weeks away on Royal Navy shore establishments and ships.
As soon as I turned 16 I joined the Royal Navy Reserve, mature enough to know that choice.

I'd struggle with the idea of parents making that choice to send 10 year olds away to Space Cadet Academy as residential.
Young minds with no influences outside of the base would be vulnerable in my opinion.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Like an Earth human supremacist ideology for example.

Young minds will be indoctrinated to believe that its okay to kill non Earth intelligent species just because they are not from Earth.

The Nazis did something similar were they tell Germans its okay to kill non Aryans because they are better than them.
edit on 5/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

That could be a potential concern.
I have similar issues with the boarding schools in the UK which run their own cadet force from age 11.
Limited input from anything outside of their school, total indoctrination is much easier with these young minds.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I volunteer my girlfriends 12 year old son. I've been calling him a space cadet for years. He's perfect for the job as long as he's not expected to turn off lights or close doors. Kids a natural with controllers and joysticks though. Let me know and I'll drop him off this afternoon!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Why not?

It doesn't need to be arranged as the OP suggests. Some of his points are rather silly.

Probably best to begin it as a small scale pilot program. See how it fares. And then expand it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maybe a scenario like in Star Trek "First Contact" may work to unite mankind,
it happens after WW III, and Zefram Cochrane's historic warp flight and humanity's first encounter with alien life.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Been reading Ender's Game, have you?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

to other planets in our solar system and planets no farther than 1 to 3 light years away, with the possibility of sending pioneer astronauts on (one or two) way trips to establish colonies.

Last time I checked, the next closest star was 4 light years away (Proxima Centauri at 4.2 ly) and I don't think it has any inhabitable planets either (although it does have a rocky planet).

top topics

join