It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Etiquette for the uninitiated freemason

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sauron

Nice!
Algoma District, Connaught lodge, Thunder Bay.
Your in Hamilton area I take it?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Indeed I am Brother, Battlefield Lodge.

Your up the road a piece, I run up as far as Barrie with the Widows Sons, Masonic Riders, once a year
edit on 16/5/2017 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sauron

Nice to meet you brother!

Small world isn't it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: network dude

Im looking to know myself better.

I ask because of the difference between regular masonry, and continental. Regular masonry is recognized worldwide, where the other is not. But continental does offer a broader spectrum of members. (women and atheists)

I think it's important to understand the differences, as you wouldn't want to put in years of learning, only to find that what you really wanted, cannot be obtained.

Knowing yourself better is a perfect answer. I say this to all men who ask me about the craft, stay active. You have to fully understand what you are doing and why, in order to get out of it, what is intended. You won't be disappointed. Good Luck.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Golantrevize

The York rite is Christian orientated, but you can't join that until you're a MM in the blue lodge.

You just have to believe in a Supreme being to become a Mason.

You sun worshippers are going to burn, hope you know that.

SPF 50 helps a lot. And re-apply often.

Thanks for the PSA!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

With all due respect Brother,... Continental Freemasonry is also recognized all around the world,... it's just not recognized by Anglo-American, Prince Hall, or UGLE Freemasonry. Although smaller in number, there are Continental and Co-Freemasonic Lodges all over the world. In fact, The International Order of Freemasonry for Men and Women, Le Droit Humain is the only fully international Freemasonic Obedience in the world. Although not reciprocal, we Continental Masons do sincerely and fraternally recognize Anglo-American, Prince Hall, and UGLE Freemasons as our dear and respected Brothers of the Craft.

The same lineage, the same founders, the same Craft degree work, the same higher degree work, and the same rituals are in use by Continental Freemasonry as in Anglo-American Freemasonry. I don't know what you are alluding to that can not be obtained in Continental or Co-Freemasonry.

Many political systems, religions, institutions, and organizations in the world have grown to accept women, minorities, and people of all faiths and no faiths on equal footing as Male Anglo Theists. Far from being counterfeit Masons,... Co-Freemasonry and Le Droit Humain have simply followed the natural evolution of open-inclusion among the social culture of mankind.

I have nothing bad to say about Male Craft Freemasonry, for it has its purpose in the world. Some people want to work among their own gender, which is why Male only and Female only Obediences exist. Some want to work with people with a similar religious/spiritual outlook, which is why Lodges exist based upon Christianity or Theism. Some want to work with both genders with a similar religious/spiritual outlook, which is why Co-Masonic Lodges exist that still require belief in Christianity and/or Theism. Furthermore, some want to work in a Lodge in the spirit of open inclusion and acceptance, which is why some Lodges equally admit men and women of all faiths and/or no faith. I have not heard of any purely atheistic Lodges, simply, Lodges that accept all. Different strokes for different folks.

edit on 5/17/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Thanks for picking up the ball. I don't really have enough knowledge of Continental to offer good advice on it. I just wanted to convey that it's not recognized by regular masonry.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I think it's important to understand the differences, as you wouldn't want to put in years of learning, only to find that what you really wanted, cannot be obtained.

In Le Droit Humain, we work the Scottish Rite from the 1st to the 33rd, as well as York Rite Degrees such as Mark Master Mason, Royal Ark Mariner, Holy Royal Arch, and Knights Templar.

Through Le Droit Humain, one can not join the Shriners, Jesters, Grotto, or other such Male Craft Concordant Bodies.

I just wanted to convey that it's not recognized by regular masonry

Many former Male Craft Masons that have remitted their membership to join Continental Co-Freemasonry, such as Julian Reese, have commented that the Degrees and Rituals between Regular and Continental are very much the same. The same verdict was reached by other Regular Masons who have reviewed the rituals of Continental and Co-Freemasonic Lodges.

French Freemasonry (Continental) was recognized by the Grand Lodge of London and Westminster, and later by the United Grand Lodge of England, all until women began to be admitted equally with men. The point of contention was over the admittance of women, and had absolutely nothing to do with ritual irregularities or Masonic legitimacy. The gap between UGLE and Continental Freemasonry widened when some Continental Lodges began to admit non-theists.

International Freemasonic organizations such as CLIPSAS and SIMPA helps to regulate regularity amongst Continental and Co-Freemasonic Obediences.

There has been an increase of dialogue between Male Craft Masons and Continental Co-Freemasons.

Here, The Masonic Roundtable interviews a representative from Le Droit Humain:

Phoenixmasonry and the Masonic Library & Museum Association are organizations where Male and Female Masons are collaborating to preserve and share Masonic history and information.

As Continental Freemasonry accepts and recognizes Anglo-American, Prince Hall, and UGLE Masons as legitimate Brethren, it is my hope that the recognition will one day be mutual. If we among the philosophic, philanthropic, and moral societies can not reconcile with one another, what hope is there to share in the greater work with non-initiated Brethren?

(post by BigBangWasAnEcho removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join