It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Etiquette for the uninitiated freemason

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Would like some tips from freemasons.

I wish to become a freemason.

I contacted 3 lodges of 3 different obediences in my city to better choose which I would like to join and have 3 meetings in the following days at what they call a "tenue blanche" n9t sure how to say it in english.

I am fully aware that they do not expect uninitiated people to know how to fully conduct themselves in a lodge but perhaps there is some tips I could get from you fellow masons about things to avoid doing and how to properly conduct myself in those temples of knowledge.

Also I have a family member which is a master mason in another country practicing in the REAA but I was reluctant to let him know about my wish to become a free mason because our family has been shattered 15 years ago by an unfortunate incident. Would it help to let him know and perhaps vouch for me or it is of no importance to the lodges ill be applying to since he is in another country?

Thank you.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Augustusmasonimouse will gladly give you some tips

get him drunk and you will get lucky

he's easy like a party girl or stripper
but he doesn't take ones

be polite
be courteous
try and have fun ?

edit on 16-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I already met with a group and we did have a lot of fun and asked me for a date to come at my house and meet with my wife. I did not reply yet since I am not really into that rite.
edit on 22017Tuesdaypm531Tue, 16 May 2017 14:47:57 -0500America/Chicagov47 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

They seemed to put an importance on being christian, and even though I grew up a christian I am looking for something that truly prones God but get away from all religious dogmas and accept people of all beliefs.
edit on 22017Tuesdaypm531Tue, 16 May 2017 14:52:35 -0500America/Chicagov52 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Wear deodorant. And if you're obese, lose some weight, the Goat is getting old and appreciates lighter riders.

Enjoy your travels, I did.

Oh yeah, until you're raised as a MM, you have to shovel AugustusMasonicus's roof! Sorry newbie...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The York rite is Christian orientated, but you can't join that until you're a MM in the blue lodge.

You just have to believe in a Supreme being to become a Mason.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You have to be christian? Here in Ontario Canada, we just have to believe in a supreme being, thats it.
I was asked to meet my first sponsor our WM at his house. Had a coffee and he just asked me a few questions.
We hit it off real well and what was supposed to be 30 minutes, had me there for a couple hours.
Then a couple gentleman with the IC came out to my house, met my wife and kids, and we all just hung out, had coffee, bs'd and became buds.

Words of wisdom: Be yourself. Dont try hard to impress them. They deal with people all the time, there is a reason they have this role.
If they ask about some of your accomplishments - just be honest.
Even if you dont have any major accomplishments, thats absolutely fine.
Being happily married is an accomplishment in my eyes
Dress casually, not over dressed or under. Chances are they will be coming by on the weekend and will be dressed just like you are.

When asked "why" you want to be a Mason...and you will be,
Answer truthfully.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Not sure where you are, but here the normal lodges are F&AM or AF&AM (Free and Accepted Masons or Ancient Free and Accepted Masons) which are chartered under the United Grand Lodge of England. There are irregular branches that allow women and some allow Atheists, but a regular lodge would only allow men who have a belief in a supreme being.

I'm not sure what you are looking for within Freemasonry, so I can't offer my opinion on which to look for.

Those you meet will be good men and in my experience, some of the best and nicest people around. As was said, just be yourself and ask as many questions as you have. If you do join, please let us know how your progress. It's fun to hear the joy in a new brothers words as he is brought to light.

ETA: pro tip, if you get a choice of rotation for shoveling AM's roof, pick June. (I think that's one of the few months they don't have snow up there)
edit on 16-5-2017 by network dude because: busting AM's balls.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Snow? I was talking about the baby carcasses, booze bottles and soiled garments from our rituals. But yeah, the snow can be a bitch too...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Also- This is Very important!!!!
Dont google initiations and what to expect.
Your just going to ruin it for yourself.
Its supposed to be an experience between you and your lodge - for you.

Your not going to be doing anything with a freakin farm animal, your not going to be burned or any other nonsense youve heard people say around here.

However...what happens on lodge night, well thats a different story. And those stories stay at the lodge.
Just kidding

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Most Masonic Constitutions will provide guidelines for how to conduct yourself in a lodge. There are many, but off the top of my head, the first piece of Masonic literature that Benjamin Franklin printed in the US goes into detail. In fact, how they react to non-Masons outside of the lodge who are asking pertinent questions is reminiscent of how they conduct themselves on ATS.

Good luck!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Mainly because we had to put in the time to learn certain things. Would you just hand out, to just anyone, something you had to work towards, because someone is curious?

Granted there are a lot of things that we swore not to divulge, but honestly you can find out just about everything via google....and a lot of BS via google.

Somethings are just best left for others to experience first hand.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

The York rite is Christian orientated, but you can't join that until you're a MM in the blue lodge.

You just have to believe in a Supreme being to become a Mason.

You sun worshippers are going to burn, hope you know that.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

I'm a Ginger, I burn every year. I keep a nice tan until winter though...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Im looking to know myself better.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Ya ok...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I loved that I derailed this thread before I even posted in it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Mainly because we had to put in the time to learn certain things. Would you just hand out, to just anyone, something you had to work towards, because someone is curious?

That's why I don't put links or sources in my threads regarding Freemasonry. It's a compromise between remaining secretive and forcing ATS members to put in the effort if they really wish to learn.

You don't need Freemasonry in order to get to the "end goal," though Freemasonry does provide the guidelines on how to understand and facilitate the "Great Work." Will I ever conjure an angel without being a member? I'm not sure, but I would say that it is possible.

Granted there are a lot of things that we swore not to divulge, but honestly you can find out just about everything via google....and a lot of BS via google.

Like I've said before, knowing is a burden, application is the key. Knowing can leave you as dead in the water as not knowing, but can easily lead you to a greater understanding. It all depends on the person, their motivation and the desire to elevate oneself.

Personally, I am stuck on whether the "Rite of Memphis-Misraim" was consolidated into the Scottish Rite, which would cause me to wonder more about the 18th degree and up.

edit on 17-5-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Hello Golantrevize.

Like others in the thread have suggested, just be yourself. Freemasonry is a bit more than a pathway of Initiation; it is also a social organization. You'll be building friendships and brotherhood within a Lodge, so being frank and honest about who you are is vital in forming social bonds.

As you will be speaking with different Obediences, do come prepared with any questions you have about Freemasonry in general,... questions about the specific Lodge and its social, charitable, and philanthropic activities,... and questions about the guidelines and views of their Grand Lodge. Try to narrow your questions down to points that are important to you.

Be yourself, be sincere, and feel-out your overall impressions. Best wishes!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Hi Golantrevize, as a few have said be your self that's all it takes, be upright and honest.
I'm one of the Senor Officers of my lodge and have interviewed many men who are now Masons.
Good luck if you do take the steps on becoming a Freemason.

a reply to: Macenroe82

I'm a Mason here in Ontario as well District B,
edit on 16/5/2017 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

May Peace be upon you. May your words reflect the Beauty of your heart!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join