It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are aliens always like us but better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I've noticed that for many reasons many or all people seem to think that aliens are alot like us but ususally have better technology or are stronger and tougher.

If you are going by evolution then all animals have similar faces (2 eyes, mouth nose) then why do almost all ideas of aliens have those qualities even if thy are from across the galaxy?

What are your thoughts on how differently evolved alien would look? It's hard to think of one without the common 2 eyes, but all discriptions of them are "like" us.

I've also noticed that everyone wants to believe that if there are aliens they higher technology and have the means to communicate with us and can travel here at will whenever they feel. Maybe they are waiting for us to contact their 1950's civilization.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
They would be waiting for us if they had 1950's technology. I think people are assuming they are talking about aliens advanced enough to travel and visit us here, maybe for thousands of years also. I would then think they must have a higher level of technology if they can remain hidden from the average citizen with little or no help from our governments.

Maybe that is the only reason they remain hidden, because our governments help to hide them from us because they have a low level of tech and couldn't do it on their own? That would be another view,

I was very impressed with the "black oil" in the X-Files. That was a very strange and different way to view how alien life may exist. I didn't like it at first in the series adn then the more I though about it I was like "well, why not?"

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I agree the unlikeliness of Aliens being humanoid. What are the odds that another world also going through billions of years of evolution would end up with similar looking beings. I guess this is why many believes theorize that Aliens most likely created man by mixing in their own genes into the pool.

Why do we think they are more advanced than us? Numerous reports of UFOs and abductions. If they can get here they would have to be far more advanced than us. Not only that but our solar system is quite young compared to other systems. Some stars have been around billions of years before our sun was 'born'.

As for physical strength the usually description of a Grey portrays them as being quite weak but mentally strong

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Also, they may be so strong because they are so smart. If they really are much smarter than we are they should be able to mess with their genetic make-up, since we can almost do that ourselves. In some ways we can do this. If they thought it was important to be strong they would have the knowledge to ensure that they were.

Man, getting sick of fixing my typos

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Why wouldnt they resemble us, think about it, we have:
An opening to eat with and breath with
An auxilary breathing passage
Two visual nerve bundles.

I think alot of aliens will resemble us, I'm sure theres alot of different kinds that dont resemble us to.

Like a more snake like species that looks like a snake, but with two front arms, bigger and cann talk.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I think allot of aliens will resemble us, I'm sure theres allot of different kinds that don't resemble us to.

That would be logical. For people on earth that have claimed that they have had an encounter usually describe a handful of "species" and mixed breeds. The thing is they are all humanoid.
How long did it take for humanoid presence to appear on Earth?

quote by Dr. Andy Knoll
Knoll: The recipe for life is not that complicated. There are a limited number of elements inside your body. Most of your mass is carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, sulfur, plus some nitrogen and phosphorous. There are a couple dozen other elements that are in there in trace amounts, but to a first approximation you're just a bag of carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen.

Lets say this is the law of life every where in the universe. But their would be other factors making or not making a Alien Humanoid:
The home planets gravity, the home Planets Foliage(if any), the elements common on the home planet. Self genetic engineering, ect...

What senses would an alien have developed if any of these conditions was different than Earth's? Same 'five' as us? more? less?
The thing is unless you have met an Alien you will just have to listen to the people who say they have.
What choice do you have? Deny the endless amount of people who have spoke up?

[edit on 4/2/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Wow some cool ideas here. I kind of like the idea of maybe being of alien origin. Whatever aliens are, good or bad, I guess it would be safe to say that they probably helped in creating what we are today.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Humanoid shape is probably universal, like galaxies, with slighty variations though. But the general shape should be the same. Humanoid type seems to be the most adapted form of life for evolution : head to think, nose to breath, eyes to see, ears to hear, legs to move, arms and hands to manufacture. That's the best compromise to support all these functions. I mean a tiger for example can run extremely fast, but would be unable to use his arms to manufacture things, if he had the conscience to do it. Fully logic to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by templersstorms1312
I've noticed that for many reasons many or all people seem to think that aliens are alot like us but ususally have better technology or are stronger and tougher.

-----Who ever said they were better? they are not.
they are not physicaly tougher by contrast we are far superior in strength,
they only beat us in tech but that is easily changed....

If you are going by evolution then all animals have similar faces (2 eyes, mouth nose) then why do almost all ideas of aliens have those qualities even if thy are from across the galaxy?

------the 5 symetry being is the highest evolutionary form,
2 arms 2 legs 1 head....

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Im not sure where I saw it but they said that walking on two legs leads to intelligence. So I guess they would walk like us.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It cannot be said with any degree of certainty which aliens are visiting us or what governs the process of evolution and what are it's laws. It could be that the humanoid bi-pedal form is one of the most efficient evolutionary designs. There are accounts of very exotic looking aliens too. It is just the more popular are the humanoid alien types.

It does make sense that if all life begins from a single crawling microorganism for it be able to use tools, it would have to evolve limbs and be able to walk upright. Another theory is that the structure of man is such that it follows a perfect set of mathematical principles.

Without knowing what the laws of evolution are, it cannot be said, what is normal or what is abnormal.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Aliens I believe, would be shaped by the predators and conditions of their home planet.

Such as, an alien with land predators that can destroy them might have frail bones, but the ability to fly.

Or when evolving on a planet with dense jungles, and camo predators, they may have eyes on 4 sides of their head.

What do you think?

new topics

top topics

join