It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal loophole has the potential to change EVERYTHING.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Once people realize one plant can be used to cure some ailments...

Do you realize there's been double blind Placebo trials on many herbs, vitamins, and supplements that prove to be as effective as pharmaceutical drugs, without the side effects?

Big pharma would be in big trouble if people started learning. If more trials were done and more were publicized.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
While this is great news and something I support. I fear I could never use this system in my current situation. I have a concealed carry or cwp in my state and am pretty sure I would lose that if I ever took part in something like this which is complete bs. Now even though I am disabled due to many back surgeries, I try my best to suck it up and get along daily without any pain meds other than over the counter. On the outside i might look fine, but rest assured this # is killing me daily.... My only relief might come on weekends with a couple of beers. I quit the opiads a few yrs ago cold turkey, sick of the side effects.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

I understand completely. These guys are bound to run into some legal trouble and it will be an uphill battle for them. They claim to be prepared for it. I hope they are. Just keep your eye on them for a while. See how long they can pull this off.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Thank you for posting! This is great news!!!

They have a rough road ahead of them, but they seem to know that and are prepared for that. I agree that this one issue touches upon so many other issues, and the fight can only help raise public awareness.

I'll be watching -- thanks again!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This isn't about 'medical marijuana'. It's about the fact that a rich, elite family (the Rockefellers) used its money and political influence to create a fear-based war on cannabis because their investment in 10,000's of acres of new growth forest (for the purpose of sourcing paper pulp) was being put at-risk by hemp (which was far cheaper, easier to produce, required a fraction of the acreage, and was superior to wood pulp). Required watching: Reefer Madness. People were led to believe that propaganda and some still do.

Fast forward to today and you have the pharma industry, law enforcement organizations (that derive a huge part of their budget thanks to the war on drugs), alcoholic beverage industry, for-profit prisons, etc. still exerting political pressure to keep cannabis illegal in order to protect their various vested interests. It's all about money. It's all about the rich getting richer. They can CLAIM they're looking out for the citizenry but if that was even remotely true, tobacco would have been outlawed decades ago.

This is about outright legalization of something that has been part of cultures around the world for thousands of years and is not the evil substance that the 'reefer madness' promoters want you to believe. Just another way of screwing the masses for the benefit of the elite.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TauOmicron
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Well, that's true, but the effects of what medical marijuana can do seem to be limited.

The benefits and healing powers of cannabis only seem limited due to the draconian regulation and misinformation fed to the public. While the medical benefits of THC are well known, and the medical marijuana states have focused on the conditions treated by THC, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The truth is that cannabis -- specifically, the cannabinoids found in cannabis -- are a key to our immune system. Our bodies have specific receptors for cannabinoids, which stimulate/activate various functions of our immune system. If I remember correctly, all cannabinoids (including THC) begin as CBGs (cannabigerol) and the CBGs can transform into other cannabinoids, such as CBDs (cannabidiol), etc. It's the CBGs and CBDs which have shown amazing promise -- killing everything from cancer to antibiotic resistant infections, and on and on.

Much more research is necessary to better understand their functions in our bodies' natural healing processes, and this research has been thwarted, obstructed, restricted and even outright forbidden by stupid unconstitutional regulations. But the promise is there if we can just get the bureaucrats out of the way.

For many of the health benefits it has, there are already effective synthesized medicines.

Be that as it may, natural will always be superior to synthesized for many reasons. For one thing, many natural substances comprise several components that work synergistically -- and exponentially -- to heal. By isolating and extracting one presumably active ingredient, the synergistic benefits are lost in the end (synthesized) product. Therefore, natural is often more effective and therefore better. There are also fewer adverse side effects from whole natural products (perhaps for the same reason).

On the practical side, self-sufficiency and resourcefulness are always -- ALWAYS -- preferable to dependency upon anyone or anything. We are stronger when we can do for ourselves by ourselves, and that includes the ability to nurture and nurse our own health needs. Including the ability to grow, harvest and make our own medicines. We should not have to run to a doctor or anyone else to do for us what we can do for ourselves.

Nor should we have to pay outrageous prices to monopolistic enterprises whose legal mandate and therefore their one and only purpose is profit -- NOT the best interests of their customers... who are also the patients.

If you -- or anyone and everyone -- prefers synthesized medicines to natural medicines, okay. I won't try to stop you. But neither should anyone try to stop me or anyone else from exercising our absolute inalienable natural rights and using the fruits of the earth to nurture or sustain our health, and therefore our lives. It is unconscionable to even consider, and a crime against humanity to actually do it.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
These are the exact same laws that Obama and the democrat majority failed to change or even address.

What a BS argument. The country has significantly dialed-back the war on cannabis over the last 10yrs and during the last administration several states legalized it and several more legalized medical marijuana. This after the Republican 'Just Say No' Regan era campaign. Yea, Obama et al did not change the existing BS policy but HUGE strides were made to stop imprisoning people for weed and relaxing the outright war. Watch and see if the new regime doesn't start to work to overturn those new state legalization laws.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: FyreByrd

They only control the government because the not enough people in the general public know or even care about their rights. I think that will change eventually.

While I naively believe in the 'good will' of the general public - I despair because they (or those non-disenfranchised from their right to vote) continue to vote for a and support those that continually and systematicly erode their rights and theirfore their power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join