It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High school takes back yearbooks with 'Build that wall,' other inappropriate quotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The story does not say what all the comments that were inappropriate were, but build that wall is not racist. The school needs to stop being so sensitive.

The Trump quote, which said “Build that wall,” has been slammed on social media by some students and others who called it racist and hurtful to classmates, some of whom are minorities. After RECHS announced on its Facebook page that it had discovered the errors and the inappropriate comments, many people voiced their opinions both for and against the decision to cancel the book.

Read more here: www.charlotteobserver.com...=cpy

Inappropriate is the word used. Yes yes, turn on the radio and listen to the #1 rap song that all their sensitive "children" are bumping to. The school principal is oversensitive and there seems to be no leadership. Good for them.

“As a district, we do not and will not tolerate inappropriate conduct toward any of our students,” the school district’s post said. “In each situation, our goal is to provide for the well-being of all of our students and prevent recurrences of inappropriate conduct.”

edit on 12-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
On one hand schools are free to make theier own rules so long as they don't brake any laws. If parents don't like it they can do things to get those rules changed. On the other, I would not send my child to a school that would censor free speech like this.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The rules need to be reasonable.

This is not.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Good - you know why?

The sooner young adults learn of the soft, weak, spineless "leaders" representing us within every aspect of our lives, the better.

Maybe then young, intelligent, quality individuals will step up and begin replacing the cowards currently at the helm.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I wish that my freshman yearbook could be taken back.
If only I would have had the foresight to make a comment that is not offensive, but would be perceived by some as offensive, my freshman yearbook picture may not exist.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Lol, I've seen worse things written, some terrible lewd stuff WRITTEN.

These people need to get real.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It the new overly sensitive leadership. So afraid of offending someone.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Arnie123

It the new overly sensitive leadership. So afraid of offending someone.

Not to mention it is spilling over into students' private lives.

Kids suspended for "liking" guns on Instagram

Thought police - check!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The indoctrination has failed in a few of the subjects.

Fail them and ruin any future they might have in order to prevent them from becoming successful.

We can't have people saying or thinking things that are against the authoritarian dictates of the state.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Must make obedient workers.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I suppose they will be burning those books as soon as possible.

People sure have become fragile, especially those in leadership.

join