It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions issues sweeping new criminal charging policy

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Columbia SC. And no its not. I have a gig tonight maybe I can take some pictures of the area on the way.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Dark seedy places like where the poor live?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I do know what a legal precedent is. Usually they are cited. Care to cite one?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are confusing sentencing with being charged. DOJ does not determine the sentencing. Calm down.

Go research mandatory minimums then get back to me. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Clearly I don't. It's the legislature that issues the guidelines. Right?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Why does a drug user deserve prison time? Because what he's doing is illegal?

I'm willing to bet you speed every time you go out driving. You realize that's illegal as well, right? Do you feel that you deserve prison time?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I suppose so. But every corner store I find that hard to believe. You know the area better than I, I would assume most of them are just selling pot though on their persons, and that those asking for anything harder need to walk around the corner or something. RICO laws or no joke, and dealers know it.

I strongly urge against taking any shots, if those fools see you it would not lead to a pleasant encounter. I was talking about the days when you could just walk into mcDonalds and a quick handshake gets you a forty to go with your BigMac or whatever else you may have on the way in. I have not seen that anywhere I have traveled as an adult. I use to see it here when I was seven.

I guess I just live in a city that takes its enforcement policies very seriously and gotten spoiled as a result. Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of people here addicted on coke and smack and everything else. They just are not usually wandering the streets making trades out in the open in plain view of the public. They are forced to simply meet their person somewhere out of sight. This is the result I was referring too.

The pill junkies though, they love to panhandle in parking lots with some story about their car out of gas two blocks over, and they need like $2.83 to get a gallon or so.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

.." and directed his federal prosecutors Thursday to charge defendants with the most serious, provable crimes carrying the most severe penalties. "

It's Called LAW And ORDER Is BACK , Get Used to it .........

No More of This......

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: Nickn3

Sessions is reversing all the progress we've made!

You've nailed it there. Isn't it great!

So you agree with the US having the world's highest incarceration rate? That's not the land of the free at all.

You have the freedom of choice to choose between living a law abiding life and staying out of trouble, or getting involved with criminal gangs and crime, then getting locked up. That's the theory anyway. The only place this breaks down is in socially deprived area where the ambition of getting an education isn't respected and looked down on. Then it's very hard
to get a good education and stay out of crime.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

The scariest part is realizing just what a large percentage of this country supports this narcissistic megalomaniac and every asinine decision he and his acolytes make. Cheering him on as he and his goons lord over this country with their oppressive and regressive policies.

Yeah, it looks like more people actually watch the WWF then we thought...
Scary world we live in. Meat-head thugs ruling the world, cutting down forests and putting up more KFCs.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Let him try to take away our cannabis rights in WA. We are allowed to possess 1 ounce of "flower" (buds), and there are different amounts allowed for edibles and concentrates.

Let him try to put that half a billion a year in tax revenue of ours back into the hands of drug lords, human traffickers., terrorists and the like...

I'll liquify his body in my blender, or incinerate him into ashes**, and use him to fertilize a new strain of cannabis named "Smoke Sessions", kind of like on the movie "How High" with Method Man & Redman, and then when the buds are ready to harvest, I'll hang them out to dry, and then when they're ready, we'll have ourselves a nice little series of nice little smoke sessions, smoking Sessions.

**after waiting patiently until the man dies a natural death, of course!
edit on 5/12/2017 by 3n19m470 because: I would Never murder a man in cold blood... Desecrating a corpse however, is not necessarily off the table...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

daaaamn, Id smoke that!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Props for posting this here man, seriously it needs to be heard and spread.

Unfortunately, the majority of ATS has become one giant anything Trump related circle jerk as of late so this means anything that anybody even remotely associated with Trump does = good. It is what Jesus would have wanted!

The majority of ATS has been all against private prisons, the US incarceration rate, current drug laws, mandatory minimums, general ass backwards things, etc. That was until all these things were supported by Trump and his appointees.

Suddenly, excuses must be made to praise these things once disapproved of simply because Trump and liberals/lefties/democrats are evil. Simple as that really. Give it a year, by then all the cheerleaders here will realize that Trump is in fact not Jesus Christ and the 'right' is as against the citizens as the 'left' is. Thus fulfills the circle of no progress for anybody except government control.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

Seriously do you people not know the history behind mandatory minimum sentences? Why are you just dismissing this because I'm a liberal?

Because gang bangers are commiting violent crimes with guns and are back out on the street just weeks later commiting more crimes with guns.Because gang bangers are commiting violent crimes with guns and are back out on the street just weeks later commiting more crimes with guns.

Why can't you get it through your head that some people are not rehabilitatible?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
originally posted by: InTheLight

"Good people don't smoke marijuana".

Well, yes, they do!

I agree with this statement you make InTheLight, good people have smoked MJ. AND good people have taken a drink. Lets keep this to being about violent crimes and public safety on the roads etc. I can't condone what the last admin did for criminals, turning them loose if they were 'immigrants". Perhaps by going all loosey goosey with the enforcement of the type of things that caused true harm to innocent people, there is bound to be a push back that swings pendulum style. It IS TIME to push for a vote to have the same attitude about MJ as we do Jack Daniels and Crown Royal IMO. I will vote to legalize weed that is after all a plant that has always grown in the wild. Prohibition of alcohol caused some crazy crap and so does prohibition of a weed that grows, well like a weed.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Putting people in goal for long periods of time stops them breeding, its part of the depopulation agenda.

Its also a by product of the private prison policy where prisons get paid for each bed occupied.

Private prisons make it easier to touture people as its easier to make deals with the prision company managmeent who in turn make sure the deals go through at the goal level. If prisons are owned by the govt is makes this kind of thing harder to do in a prison.

Long prision sentences get victims off the street and so the community looks 'cleaner' and therefore more wealther and caring.

Long prision sentences usually result from mandatory terms which are favoured by politicans who like to have their own personal views stamped on society.

Mandatory prison terms are fair and just only for a very narrow range of circumstances. The further away from this narrow range of cirumstances more unfair and unjust they become. Eg assulting a cop = 6 months automatic goa.

If I give a cop a gentle push with my hand becase he is standing very close to me with his privates in my face to intimdate me, that gets me 3 months so why not bash his head in, i still only get 6 months?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

Your right the police unions and private prison lobby do.

After Krazysh0t suggested it I looked it up. It's actually the legislature that issues the guidelines. Not DOJ. So Sessions has nothing to do with it but the legislature needs to change the guidelines

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm not a liberal, but the war on drugs sucks. It isn't effective at all, costs taxpayers way too much money, and only adds more problems to an issue than it solves.

Get addicts help. Decriminalization of drugs has many benefits. It reduces profit streams from drug sellers, reduces violent crime involved in delivering and selling illegal drugs, enables addicts to look for help without worrying about criminal consequences.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

The directive states "provable" charges. If they are provable then I don't see the issue here.

I do not like the policy of mandatory minimum sentencing. But that isn't actually what is being discussed with respect to what the directive from Sessions is saying.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

The directive states "provable" charges. If they are provable then I don't see the issue here.

I do not like the policy of mandatory minimum sentencing. But that isn't actually what is being discussed with respect to what the directive from Sessions is saying.

The real question is, how many less worldstar hip hop videos will be released if there's mandatory minimum sentences. I'm all for it so that I can go to McDonalds without risk of being assaulted in the parking lot or down the sidewalk.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What has the incarceration rate got to do with anything? Are you suggesting that if there are too many criminals , society should accept it and let some people off? If so, you sound as radical as the last administration.

It's only a crime because we say it is a crime. That is it. There is no reason to put non-violent people behind bars.

Nonsense. If you don't like a law work on changing the law. Sessions job is to enforce the law. It would be a dereliction of his duty to turn a blind eye to crime. God forbid you ever get your way and realise a country where only violent crime is punished.

Some states have changed the law whether it's medical or for enjoyment. Sessions tried to even prosecute medical Marijuana but congress defunded that. So don't pretend it's just a clear case of enforcing the law.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join