It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. government posts $182 billion surplus in April

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government had a $182 billion budget surplus in April, confounding market expectations for a deficit, according to Treasury Department data released on Wednesday. The budget surplus was $106 billion in April 2016, according to Treasury's monthly budget statement. The fiscal 2017 year-to-date deficit was $344 billion compared with $353 billion in the same period of fiscal 2016.

It seems that Trump has some good bean counters finding waste in our government. I think the last time this country posted in the black was in the 1990's after Clinton was forced to reign in welfare.

My opinion is that this is caused by other reasons as well. Illegal immigrants are probably less likely to take from government trough thinking they may get caught and deported.

Now I can't wait for the sense of wonderment when the tax plan goes into affect and this economy explodes.

I guess time will tell.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Fools because: .

(post by toysforadults removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The usual whiners will be along to complain about it shortly .

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

This is what Putin wants for America.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

The number of people now on unemployment is the lowest since 1988!

CNBC: Unemployment Data

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I can't even see strait anymore.

This is a strait.

ETA: To actually be on-topic... I don't think it's right to say we have a surplus when our national debt is still mightily in the red. When that goes in the black, then I'll be impressed.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
20 Trillion in dept and they have a "budget"? A "surplus"?.. I'm not sure we all went through the same "public education" system....
Just to note: There has never been 20 Trillion Dollars. ...
edit on 11-5-2017 by murphy22 because: toadd and aggravate.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yeah, you really think this is Trump's doing? More likely, this is an effect of Obama's presidency spilling over.

2017 United States federal budget

The 2017 United States federal budget is the United States federal budget for fiscal year 2017, which lasts from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017. President Barack Obama's budget proposal was submitted to the 114th Congress on February 9, 2016.[5] The 2017 fiscal year overlaps the end of the Obama administration and the beginning of the Trump administration, with final appropriations legislation expected to pass during the beginning of the latter.

That said, do you have any issues with Trump taking vacations every weekend on course to greatly out spend Obama? How about paying for his wife and son to live in NYC?

edit on 11-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
BO started in dept and left in dept. Even if he was a real man... He couldn't have changed a thing... You should feel good about that! Now that we have a good man. He still can't change it! We have to many people like you.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: toysforadults

Yeah, you really think this is Trump's doing? More likely, this is an effect of Obama's presidency spilling over.

2017 United States federal budget

The 2017 United States federal budget is the United States federal budget for fiscal year 2017, which lasts from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017. President Barack Obama's budget proposal was submitted to the 114th Congress on February 9, 2016.[5] The 2017 fiscal year overlaps the end of the Obama administration and the beginning of the Trump administration, with final appropriations legislation expected to pass during the beginning of the latter.

That said, do you have any issues with Trump taking vacations every weekend on course to greatly out spend Obama? How about paying for his wife and son to live in NYC?

No. No issues.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

This is what Putin wants for America.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
BO and Mr. Trump are pawns. Both can and will be/would've been JFKed. It's not about the puppet. You both think left and right pull the strings. ..J.F.K. (Democrat) tried to put the U.S. Dollar back in the US. Treasury and away from the "Federal Reserve Bank", A very "Republican" (Right leaning) venture. Bang!... JFKed!

edit on 11-5-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Then I hope you never once complained about the Obama's taking action or Obama himself playing golf.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You do realize we're still running on Obama's budget, right?

link   
a reply to: murphy22

Ummm, sure. This is a conspiracy site but I don't think Obama will be killed since he's not longer the president and did thy bidding. Trump's future is unknown.

link   
a reply to: Abysha

No, no they don't.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
There has never been 20 Trillion Dollars. ...

A rather odd economic phenomenon has existed for a couple decades now. A sum total of currency in circulation, and liquid assets -- primarily equities, is roughly equal to the national debt.

As of right now, there is about $1.35 trillion in currency out there, and the stock market is worth about $18.65 trillion.

The national debt? $20 trillion...

Weird, huh?
edit on 11-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You do realize we're still running on Obama's budget, right?

Failed dimwit Obama never had one of his budgets passed.

This is a CR written by the Republican Congress.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join