It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

special forces question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Do you guys know if their is a program in place in which any special forces unit that wants to participate, can train with any countries special forces unit as the means of sharpening skill and learning new ways of doing things? I think I heard that China is the only one that is not in the program can anybody verify any of this?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What do you mean, like rainbow six type stuff?

I know NATO conducts all kinds of joint training operations. You know it's like, the US Navy will do a simulated engagement against the UK's Navy while the Italians bring the pizza for a friendly snack break. Allied countries do joint training exercises all the time.

SAS, SBS, SASR, GSG9, SEALs, Spetznaz, Isayeret, Delta, and Green Beret units have foreign exchange programs. All these SF units have worked together before but I don't think there's any particular place where they meet.

I mean UK's SAS regiment's are based out of Hereford. And I know lots of training takes place there but it's not like they congregate there or anything.

But as for China, they're not on the team. So of course they aren't invited in the clubhouses or allowed to particapate in the fund raising bakesales and stuff like that.

join