It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blade Runner 2049 - Official Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Im stoked! Also very glad to see Jared Leto is in this.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This generation is totally void of original thought, completely lacking in creativity.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I still don't know how I feel about this...hell, PKD didn't live to see the finished product of the first one. The director's cut was outstanding, though.
I wonder what he would think of this one?

I'm going to see it regardless. I just hope it's not another "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls".

Some movies need to be kept at just one movie. Blade Runner was one of those for me. And Big Trouble in Little China...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

Looks awesome! Hope it doesn't suck! I doubt it, but still...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
But, I will probably be dead in 2049

JK..looks awesome

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Meh.

I pass.

On repackaged blah for mass public consumption.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The original writer who wrote the first film is back for the sequel, Hampton Fancher.

After convincing Philip K. Dick to option Dick's science fiction novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, Fancher wrote a screenplay (that became the first screenplay of the film Blade Runner), and got the support of producer Michael Deeley. This made Fancher the executive producer, which led to disagreements with the director Ridley Scott and David Peoples being brought in to continue reworking the script.[5]

Shame Ridley Scott didn't direct it but he was probably to busy making Alien: Covenant (which I hear is very good) and from the above link didn't work well with Hampton Fancher because of creative control disputes. When Bladerunner hit theaters back in the 80s it wasn't a hit, not by a long shot. It only became popular much later, like every cult classic, but is now considered one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Meh.

I pass.

No matter how you slice it, it's capitalism and some of us are able to make a lot of money from mass public consumption.

We have a new demographic to appeal to with multiple platforms, global marketing strategies and technologies. Follow, lead or GTFO of the way.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Meh.

I pass.

No matter how you slice it, it's capitalism and some of us are able to make a lot of money from mass public consumption.

We have a new demographic to appeal to with multiple platforms, global marketing strategies and technologies. Follow, lead or GTFO of the way.

'Must guess you didn't see or understand the drama of the original.

Yep. It's capitalism at its best, if it needs an ideological/political hook to be hung on.
You ever notice how the process of making movies for money has caught on all around the world in about any country or system you can to examine?

edit on 8-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
This generation is totally void of original thought, completely lacking in creativity.

So true. Only variations on a theme. Disappointing.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You ever notice how the process of making movies for money has caught on all around the world in about any country or system you can to examine?

Notice?

It's how I make my living!!! We can churn out a T&A slasher flick from script to final edit in 14 days...straight to DVD.

Anyone with a dslr and a macbook can make a feature on the kitchen table.

All those lamenting the lack of original content....write your own goddamn movie and join us entrepreneurs/producers actually making movies, TV pilots, webseries, commercials, documentaries and having a great time doing it. But please stop the whine fest and ....

Start with this.

www.celtx.com...

edit on 8-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Notice?

It's how I make my living!!! We can churn out a T&A slasher flick from script to final edit in 14 days...straight to DVD.

All those lamenting the lack of original content....write your own goddamn movie and join us entrepreneurs/producers actually making movies, TV pilots, webseries, commercials, documentaries and having a great time doing it. But please stop the whine fest and ....

Start with this.

www.celtx.com...

What is this garbage site you are linking?

It's yours isn't it?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Looks awesome ...they use the similar Vangelis melodies as the original. Who's the hottie at 0:53?

looks like Ana de Armas at 0:53

Seriously I have to wait another 5 months?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

? So you're only supposed to make movies that flop? How are the artists going to eat?

I did understand the original, unlike some other poster said, I found it great before it became mainstream.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Notice?

Start with this.

www.celtx.com...

What is this garbage site you are linking?

It's yours isn't it?

No, it's not mine. Why don't you sign up and let's write a screenplay together.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Correct.

Creativity was the 70s and 80s IMO.

But, I will have to give this movie a try.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Meh.

I pass.

www.youtube.com... 2:40 is the part for you lol.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
because of the need to target large audiences, i doubt this movie will have the "bite" of the original, so i'll wait for the reviews to be out before watching it.
I just hope this doesn't become another cinematic universe, like marvel or starwars or apparently avatar because this "same but different" movies coming out once or twice a year is getting boring.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Well, it is pretty clear from the trailer that they have the look of the thing pretty much down. I do wonder what manner of script and story is involved here. It would have to be pretty bloody fantastic to do the correct justice to the original material.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
But why ffs Ryan Gosling?!!

I take it he's just going to walk around for the entire film with exactly the same dumb expression on his face while painfully working his way through a script shorter than his range as an actor. Meanwhile a near infinite army of millennial wannabe bloggers working out of their parents basement are going to try to tell us with absolute authority that his flawless performance has completely re-written the definition of film noir after they managed to skip their way through some tilted 3rd rate grainy Chinese cam copy with muffled badly synced audio watched through a cracked screen on their iPhone during lunch break at school.

top topics

join