It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one thing that would make things change?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: ketsuko

And the other problem with pensions were the companies that were and are doing fine hopped on the no pension boat to save $$$$. The pension system had nothing to do with threatening the viability of the company, it was a money saving tactic.

Everything is a cost, and if the bottom line can be fattened it will be.

I ask you then ... if governments can't make pensions work, then why on earth do you think private businesses can?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: seasonal

The more I see the state of affairs in out govt the more I think the only way things will change is when corporations and the people want the same goals.

That will never happen. Corporations have one purpose by law: maximum profit for their shareholders. People are not and cannot be so easily defined and focused.

Things will change when the people have more power than the corporations -- and government.

Do you have any kind of IRA, 401(K), mutual fund, etc.?

Guess what ... I hate to break it to you, but you are a shareholder.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Corps build costs into the products/services they sell.

Govt is a tax payer funded, the $$$ spent on pensions can be excessive. This puts an obvious strain on the pension system.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Do you have any kind of IRA, 401(K), mutual fund, etc.?

Guess what ... I hate to break it to you, but you are a shareholder.

No worries... I was already well aware of that sad reality. We've all been increasingly forced into the gambling/speculation game (especially for our so-called investment for our most vulnerable years), all at the expense of savings accounts and Certificates of Deposit and other far more stable and secure methods of funding our retirement.

If we could have, we would have closed our 401k and taken the tax hit, putting it in safer financial vehicle not subject to... ahem... "corrections" (which always mean we lose)... but we literally cannot.

It's impractical and unsustainable and a recipe for disaster.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yup.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: seasonal

Brilliant! I should have thought of it myself!

I can't see if this is sarcastic or not. If so I can see why and if not I can see why....

Damned if I know which it is either...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join