It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable Card Tricks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bruce001

Were they laid out face up in a box, like 4 or 5 cards across and 4 or 5 cards down???

Then you visually choose your card. The cards are all taken and laid out again??

Something like that??

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I have to say my first thought also is what m0j0m said, how could he perform the tricks if he did not know how they worked, could it be that as you were 9 at the time, part of the illusion was him stating that he did not know?

I know a card trick that is based on math. I don't really understand it at all, but it works. Uses the whole deck and is kind of a pick a card trick. No gimmicks or anything. Hard to explain the trick though without demonstrating. Really mind boggling.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I can't remember. I wish I could. Perhaps it will come to me in my sleep tonight.

I am encouraged, however. With the suggestions being brought forward that we might just be able to find this trick and solve the mystery.

Back to the dowsing, which now appears to be completely unrelated, my mother remembers the dowsing. So... back to the card trick mystery.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I did the dowsing thing before. Although it was only water dowsing. Some people try and use the same method for finding other things than water.

As far as finding water went for me, it worked just fine. It felt like some kind of magnetic field in the way it pulled on the rods. It was pretty strange.

Well, if you think of any more details on the card trick let me know.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The trick dragonridr pointed out (youtu.be...). If this isn't it then it's awfully close!

Now know that such tricks exist! I can also divorce them from the supernatural. I'm also pretty sure my recollections of my grandfather not snowing me are probably accurate. So now I'm off to google self working card tricks.

You guys are helping to solve a 35+ year old mystery. Thanks!!!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No card tricks are ever supernatural. They are all very much natural. Some of them are just very very good.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That sounds about right. What should I google?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Here ya go...
Best card trick ever...... hands down

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
David Blaine comes to mind. Either he's really good, or he's the Devil... Although a lot of his stuff goes beyond card tricks.

hes been exposed as a fraud on a few occasions, he edits footage to exaggerate his tricks so (for example) the tv audience see's him levitate 3 feet off the ground but the live audience present is reacting to seeing him levitate only 2 or 3 inches which is done by hiding the toes of one foot behind the other and standing on them.
thats one of the actual examples of one of the events he got caught post production editing.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I had a business at a mall and there was a street magician who performed in front of my store everyday. He did one of those tricks where you pick a card and then some how the card you picked was up on the ceiling of the mall or some other place. The typical person would not think to ever look up at the ceiling but the card was always there. I don't know exactly how he got them to pick that exact card but it was clearly rigged.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There are a lot of card tricks that are done hundreds of times around the world and they can be very, very frightening for some people and also very dangerous. They use a deck called a TAROT deck.
All, and I mean all "magicians are liars. On TV, yes it is a camera trick. Live tricks, that's all they are, tricks. It's just that you can't see the working.
But please take note, not many "magicians" will do the same trick twice in a row. That's not because they don't want to but because you might see the "misdirection".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join