It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Obama security adviser declines invite to testify

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

significant points:

Former President Barack Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, on Wednesday declined an invitation to testify at an upcoming Senate hearing on Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

Rice's refusal to testify is the latest twist in the congressional investigations into possible links between Russia and the Trump campaign and the ongoing debate over whether the probes are truly independent and bipartisan. Rice was invited to testify only by the Republican chairman of the subcommittee, and not by the top Democrat on the panel, her lawyer said.

Lame excuse...... she is under scrutiny and now is in full blown self protection mode.

Why shouldn't she testify if she has nothing to hide...

I ain't buying the "it's because a democrat didn't invite her....

At some point she is going to have to testify....

For the left, CNN broke the story

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

She is a piece of scum, and should be brought to testify and tell the whole world what a bunch of corrupted commies the whole Obama gang at WH were. Best if they could bar her for life ever attending any gov job.
edit on 4-5-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Rice was invited to testify only by the Republican chairman of the subcommittee, and not by the top Democrat on the panel, her lawyer said.

The Dems have been screaming since the election that Russia interfered, but they don't want her to testify? Hmm. It's ok to spread rumors, but when it comes time to testify under oath......

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yea what's that about? "Well the other two guys got invited by both sides of the committee but not me so I'm not going."

I liked Graham's response though.

"At an appropriate time, I expect we will continue down this path. I hope Ms. Rice will come before the committee — and not just the press."

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

If her excuse is because a democrat didn't invite her that really shows her mentality. She obviously does not work for the people as a public servant. I'm sorry, if you work in government as a "public servant" you should have to go to all hearings at you are asked to go to and only be exempt by a limited amount of reasons.

I'm torn on the right left mentality in politics right now. When hey do nothing, America benefits and when they do a lot or pass huge bills it hurts. But in circumstances where they're investigating such as this, the federal employees should be forced to go....don't like it? .... DONT BECOME A PUBLIC SERVANT

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Maybe she doesn't want to testify because she doesn't have any vacation days left and her employer will not let her take time off without pay. Maybe she doesn't want to get fired from her current job.

Maybe she feels she doesn't have anything meaningful to say. Maybe she feels it's just a witch hunt to slander Obama and she respects him too much.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Because they only want to use her as a distraction.
Don't try to make it anything more than it is.
She's being advised by the dems on the committee not to.
Only the republicans want to question her.
And only as a distraction.
The Russian interfering had nothing to do with Ms.. Rice or her job.
Trump is still looking to prove something that never happened. But yeah it's some kind of cover-up.
Why aren't the media making a bigger deal about it?
The trump people simply don't want this Russian / Trump probe to happen.
This hearing is about Flynns activity. Susan Rice had nothi g to do with that at all.
Andrea Yates is and rightfully so the focus of this next hearing and it won't be open or televised.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe her activity asking for identities of people mentioned by foreign actors has nothing to do with the reason for the hearing since they were totally unrelated.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

It wasn't a bipartisan invite.
She was prepared to testify until she learned that.
What she does has nothing to do with the Russians interfering with the election.
She's a distraction.
They should be glad. Her testimony could backfire on them.
I'm betting trump had something to do with this because he's still hanging on by a thread on his wiretapping claim that everybody says didn't happen.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

"I'm only talking to your committee if you have somebody else ask me" is a pretty poor excuse.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If only it were so innoncently done, don't be so naive.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

How do you know that? Proof please.

If not, them another naive blind individual.

A distractions? You're getting even sloppier at this, smh.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
She's under scrutiny by republicans you mean.
She's not under any kind of official scrutiny. Jesus the disconnect from reality is amazing .
She's not even a part of the Russian interfering investigation and has nothing to do with this.
The invite is a distraction. Probably instigated by the Orange dictator. Who's a lying sack of poop and wants to try to distract from the real focus of the hearings.
But I see everybody already abandoned this thread so I guess I'm done here.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Well no, you're only done here because you haven't had anything to contribute. I fell for that fallace as well, but disagreeing with disillusioned posters such as yourself does a fine job itself.

Do you have a source about her being a distraction? Because we have been saying the same thing about "russian collusion" and despite huffing and puffing, you reveal none.
Now, we bring a potential person to testify and they refuse!!!

Seriously, you're deluded.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Really? because she is going to be used for distraction in the Russia affair by the Republican?

Darn if you believe that is the case in a probe that was initiated by the democrats after screaming foul play, for the witch hunt the democrats have on Trump Russian affairthen you may be a bit confuse about how congressional hearings work.

Is interesting that Republicans are "inviting" her, how quaint, soo nice, but not the Democrats maybe she is waiting for Democrats to subpoena her? so she can claim the fifth

Doesn't that bother you if you want to know if Trump have ties to Russia and the claim that Russia hacked the elections?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
so, she is saying that getting to the bottom of the alleged Russian interference in the election is less important to her than being asked to testify by the "right" people, she`s a real patriot eh?

she would rather spread lies and rumors to the press than to testify because she can`t be charged with perjury by lying to the press.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

she would rather spread lies and rumors to the press than to testify because she can`t be charged with perjury by lying to the press.

This is exactly it!
The press is the extension of the democrat party. If they truly wanted to get to the bottom of this everyone would cooperate. But no, it's partisan.

To say Susan Rice is being called upon to be a distraction is just idiotic, besides, without insider information, how are we to know? She and few others worked closely with Obama, come on, just because she wasn't part of something doesn't mean she can't testify as a witness.... Just laughable

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
She doesn't want to testify because she is a Democrat POS scum. She lied repeatedly to the American people so I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of her mouth anyway. She was Obama's lap dog who jumped when he called. Worthless!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The Russian interfering had nothing to do with Ms.. Rice or her job.

Still on the Russians interfering with the election schtick , huh ? Why do you think that should be everything ?
Poor guy , I am starting to feel sorry fer ya....

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

She is not stupid, invitation is no the same as subpoena, on invitation she is willing to talk, on subpoena she can claim the fifth

So she will wait until the subpoena comes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join