It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help identifying hacks and hackers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: freakjive
a reply to: chr0naut
Quick question. I do not know anything about the protocols but I'm curious why this LiteonTe is showing up? I've been worried about a lot of things inside my home.

I found something interesting on the internet; might be nothing, but check and see if any of your cables are branded Liteon.

This is happened to me as well. Im going to guess you have comcast/xfinity or a motorola router/cable box. Check all the cords plugged into your walls for a manufacturer. I bet one or more say LITEON. I believe this company has some kind of working chip inside the powercord. Either working alone to hack/track you or working with comcast, motorola or n s a Change out your liteon cords for motorala made one. It makes no sense comcast would supply a liteon cord for a motorola device. Comcast has motorola cords just ask. Everone should be aware of the following fact: Your cablebox/modem can send a signal through your house via your electricty. Like a netgear jumper. Nowadays these jumpers arent required. This could allow a direct connection to your computer, ipad (the charging plug on ipad works as usb port so when charging a signal can be sent). This works backward too so a hacker with access to your device can back into your router through your electricity. Its like having your computer connected directly to router with ethernet cord. This of course only works if power cords like liteon are used.
Source

edit on 5/3/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

a reply to: chr0naut
Quick question. I do not know anything about the protocols but I'm curious why this LiteonTe is showing up? I've been worried about a lot of things inside my home.

I found something interesting on the internet; might be nothing, but check and see if any of your cables are branded Liteon.

This is happened to me as well. Im going to guess you have comcast/xfinity or a motorola router/cable box. Check all the cords plugged into your walls for a manufacturer. I bet one or more say LITEON. I believe this company has some kind of working chip inside the powercord. Either working alone to hack/track you or working with comcast, motorola or n s a Change out your liteon cords for motorala made one. It makes no sense comcast would supply a liteon cord for a motorola device. Comcast has motorola cords just ask. Everone should be aware of the following fact: Your cablebox/modem can send a signal through your house via your electricty. Like a netgear jumper. Nowadays these jumpers arent required. This could allow a direct connection to your computer, ipad (the charging plug on ipad works as usb port so when charging a signal can be sent). This works backward too so a hacker with access to your device can back into your router through your electricity. Its like having your computer connected directly to router with ethernet cord. This of course only works if power cords like liteon are used.
Source

When I searched, I found the same info. It's scary because in my previous research I found items for networking via electricity in web cache before searching for it. I haven't located the item yet.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

When I searched, I found the same info. It's scary because in my previous research I found items for networking via electricity in web cache before searching for it. I haven't located the item yet.

I actually use what's called powerline ethernet where my internet connection is sent and received through the electrical outlet... So networking via electricity is possible since that's literally what I do. HERE is some information about it. I'm really curious if there isn't something to that person's theory that the cables themselves are capturing data. It sounds crazy, but there's way crazier things out there.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I do freelance work in the computer industry so here's my suggestion. Remove your HDD, *Don't Backup your data", so but you will have to consider it lost and irretrievable. Once the HDD is removed smash it with a heavy hammer, consider the problems you are having, the should be one less headache.

Have a friend download a clean copy of Ubuntu which can be found at

www.ubuntu.com...

and have him download a copy of Malwarebytes Chameleon, this should work with Ubuntu.

and have your friend download for the firewall issue try ClearOS

which can be found at:

www.clearos.com/clearfoundation/software/clearos-7-community

Next buy a brand new USB Flash Drive...and on when you back up from your friend's download, got into the properties for the executable and make it read only.

For your drive, get yourself a brand new SATA drive and install it into your computer.

Before you start installing anything on your drive such as ubuntu, disconnect the computer in question form the internet. I mean go there physically and disconnect your computer from your cable modem.

You have to be aware that most internet vendors keep their modems without password protection, so they can examine your throughput and signal if you are having problems. So it could be hacked if you new what you were doing.

Install Ubuntu on your system, then install Chamleon, then examine your firewall settings. Once everything is setup for your firewall and Ubuntu is installed.

You should go to Port Forward:

portforward.com...

The site is chuck full of information how to set up your router and cable modem.

Once your router is setup...reconnect the router to you cable modem and you be good to go.

Unless you have done so very naughty things...and the NSA is using there brand spanking new Quantum Computer with a AI they have developed just for it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Does your computer have an Intel chip? They have tiny little mini-computers (management engines) built in to the CPU that are untouchable by your OS, are highly encrypted, and have full network access.

If your computer is compromised at the firmware level - and remember that the CIA were caught intercepting Apple products between distribution centres and sales points - then no amount of installing and re-installing an OS is going to save you, whether you're running Windows (lol), MacOS, or Linux.

If you are being specifically targeted by government agencies or something, you can try to stay one step ahead, but you'll most likely fail. Somebody actually came to my house and connected my computer to the router with an ethernet cable and almost certainly keylogged this laptop. Always assume that any bit of information you send online is public.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

It does in-fact have an intel chip.

Thanks for all the excellent replies. I'm working to complete a lot of the suggestions offered to me today. You guys have been a lot of help.

I really want to figure out who is responsible for this, as it has to be someone close to me. However, I will take the peace of mind knowing it's just stopped over anything else.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

Have you tried the F.B.I. Digital Crimes unit? I mean since its both you personally and a business?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I've been trying my hardest to collect as much evidence as possible, as to send them the proper amount to actually have them look into it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

Id start by contacting them and asking what TYPE of evidence is needed. Go from there. Ive found them.. when you are sincere(never thought of using FBI and SINCERE in the same sentence)...to be helpful if they understand youre truly concerned and affected by what been happening to you.

Good Luck

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Download Metasploit. Since you have already been compromised Metasploit should be able to find the exploits your hacker is using to hack you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join