It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple deaths, injuries reported after SUV plows into crowd at Massachusetts auto auction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

That is very sad

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
People said the vehicle increased speed as it went though the auction so who really knows...

This is not uncommon in accidents, from what I have read elsewhere. It's usually an indicator that someone got confused and hit the accelerator when they meant to hit the brake. Well, it could also be an indicator that they meant to hit the accelerator, but the point is that you can't always read too deeply into things.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think it would be advisable to have those stop pillars in areas where people congregate as a normal sight

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
Old people need to take a driver's test every 6 months after 80 years old.

They're dangerous. My great granddad was getting so bad we had to take his keys away and he was pissed, he said he drove enough in his life to circle the globe without a wreck, but we had to convince him he no longer had the ability.

He took out a peach tree and some bushes just turning around in our driveway, that was the last time he drove 85 years old.

While the six months is a stetch, I'd be all in for a driving test at each renewal post 60 (and I'm 59). I think many would give in just because they wouldn't want to deal with the stress. There are an awful lot of "wrong pedal" accidents by the "older" criwd, of which I consider myself one. BTW, I'll be taking my first test under this new policy in my 420 HP Mustang GT.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: the owlbear

Is pattern recognition really "jumping to conclusions"?

Not in your world of pattern recognition, I guess.
But in my view of reality...I tend to wait for the facts before blaming blacks or Muslims en masse for a one off happening.

You need not worry.

In many cases the media will hide these repeated and obvious direct correlations for you.

But by all means, lets continue to pretend.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I propose testing every driver every 6 months. Our roadways are filled to the brim with horrendous drivers.

Seems to me about half this country has no business having a drivers license. Every single day I'm avoiding accidents from repeat stupidity.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
Old people need to take a driver's test every 6 months after 80 years old.

They're dangerous. My great granddad was getting so bad we had to take his keys away and he was pissed, he said he drove enough in his life to circle the globe without a wreck, but we had to convince him he no longer had the ability.

He took out a peach tree and some bushes just turning around in our driveway, that was the last time he drove 85 years old.

When my Grandfather's dementia was getting bad we had to do that same thing. He was ready to brawl for his keys. I felt so bad but it had to be done for everyone's sake.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Lab4Us

I propose testing every driver every 6 months. Our roadways are filled to the brim with horrendous drivers.

Seems to me about half this country has no business having a drivers license. Every single day I'm avoiding accidents from repeat stupidity.

My mother's 63. I propose every 3 effing months after 60. Be glad you've never seen that disaster of mine try to drive.

Edit: Misread that you said "every" and thought you meant "elderly". Still man, holy crap, the older they get, the worse they drive. It's like watching newly minted 16 year old permit holders all over again.
edit on 5/4/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join