It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loneliness Might Be A Bigger Health Risk Than Smoking Or Obesity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

not my quote. i jacked it long ago but its how i feel all the time

"i only feel alone when i am with other people"

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Analyzing health and mortality data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and from other sources, they concluded that rising annual death rates among this group are being driven not by the big killers like heart disease and diabetes but by an epidemic of suicides and afflictions stemming from substance abuse: alcoholic liver disease and overdoses of heroin and prescription opioids.

Elsewhere

They concluded that taken together, suicides, drugs and alcohol explained the overall increase in deaths. The effect was largely confined to people with a high school education or less. In that group, death rates rose by 22 percent while they actually fell for those with a college education.

From your source, Death Rates Rising for Middle-Aged White Americans, Study Find.

The two studies have nothing to do with each other. The OP itself is incorrect as well.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

What if a hug is just a hug?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I find as I get older and after raising 4 kids,I find peace in solitude,I'm single now so no ne questioning any of my judgements,I spent a lifetime in clubs and bars,times may change but people don't,some days your best are talking to a pet cat or dog,they aren't very judgemental and as long as you feed them they are fine IMO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join