It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not shallow, just practical

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This could be both a rant & relationship issue.

Don't get offended by:

1. You can't be my b.f. because you smoke. I don't want to die from 2nd hand smoke. Cough. Cough.
2. You can be my friend even though you smoke but go outside. No, you cannot smoke in my car. Cough. Cough.
3. You can't be my b.f. because you don't like or eat veggies. I don't want to become a potential grieving SO because you f***** up your health.
4. You can't be my friend because you abuse alcohol/drugs (self-explanatory)
5. Once a cheat, always a cheat. No, I will never forgive you. Get out! (This hasn't happened to me but has to a few of my g.f.s.)
6. I will compromise & go to the game with you if you take ballroom dancing lessons with me.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, since I am the only one responding, you gotta guess what the guys here do and what they do not like to eat. Sorry..

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
This could be both a rant & relationship issue.

Don't get offended by:

1. You can't be my b.f. because you smoke. I don't want to die from 2nd hand smoke. Cough. Cough.

I can sorta understand. I'm allergic to cig. smoke...my hubby smoke outside...I can't even breath if I'm near someone smoking out in public

2. You can be my friend even though you smoke but go outside. No, you cannot smoke in my car. Cough. Cough.
See above

3. You can't be my b.f. because you don't like or eat veggies. I don't want to become a potential grieving SO because you f***** up your health.

This is silly and an excuse IMHO

Absolutely! Agree with her 100%

5. Once a cheat, always a cheat. No, I will never forgive you. Get out! (This hasn't happened to me but has to a few of my g.f.s.)

Unforgivable...I will not tolerate it what so ever...slip up at all with me, and said BF would be replaced in half a heartbeat! I tolerate nothing but 100% faithfulness or don't even bother with me.

6. I will compromise & go to the game with you if you take ballroom dancing lessons with me.

Don't understand this one at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You can use just not abuse?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

You can use just not abuse?

For some people there is no division. Drugs=Bad and that is all they see.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If a man is a good person all around and smoking is only downfall, I wouldn't deny myself of his company. I would probably try to help him quit.

I was a smoker (5 days) and I don't smoke in my car. I don't want to f... up the value of my car's interior and since I have kids. I don't want them smelling it either

I don't like veggies either, but I have learned to eat them because I want to be healthy, I can teach my man to learn to eat them too, he doesn't have to like it to do it.

Drug users probably needs more friends than anyone else. And I with SC on this, you can use just don't abuse.

Forgive but don't forget. I forgive my husband who was then my boyfriend for his one night stand. I fully trust him now and I am confident and secure he will never do it again. it all depends on the situation.

Most definitely, all good relationships are based on the ability to compromise with each other.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I don't like veggies either, but I have learned to eat them because I want to be healthy, I can teach my man to learn to eat them too, he doesn't have to like it to do it.

Yeah. I'm glad you get it. I've noticed that people who avoid them tend develop that 'pasty' look.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
1. You can't be my b.f. because you smoke. I don't want to die from 2nd ]hand smoke. Cough. Cough.
[/qoute]

I can sort of understand, If you truely love the person tho, you would help them get over their problem. Smokers who want to quit need someone who loves them to help them, I know smokers, but I wouldnt date them, 1. Because I dont like smokers, and they arent the nicest people and 2. Because if they are my age and smoking they have some problems that I cant help.

[qoute]3. You can't be my b.f. because you don't like or eat veggies. I don't want to become a potential grieving SO because you f***** up your health. [/qoute]
I can not stand most veggies, but I know I need some kind of veggie or fruit with each meal, so I try to eat the ones I do like, but dont hate because they dont like to eat veggies, there are other ways to get the vitamins

[qoute]4. You can't be my friend because you abuse alcohol/drugs (self-explanatory)[/qoute]
Those people need love and help the most....they NEED friends to help them get over their problems...if they dont there is no hope for them...but if they do abuse you should be there to help them, people need others...thinking you wont be their friend because of that IS pretty shallow...

[qoute] 5. Once a cheat, always a cheat. No, I will never forgive you. Get out! (This hasn't happened to me but has to a few of my g.f.s.)[/qoute]
DEFFINATLY NOT TRUE. You obviously need to learn how to forgive people then, my friend just told his girlfriend he slept with someone a while ago when he was drunk (not my age, hes 17) and she stayed with him, why? because she loves him and even tho he did something really stupid, she realized he was sorry, if they arent sorry for it thats horrible...but if they truely are you should forgive them. Forgive even tho you never will forget...

[qoute]6. I will compromise & go to the game with you if you take ballroom dancing lessons with me.[/qoute]

Oh come on! You REALLY are shallow! Ever hear of doing things for other people with out expecting anything else in return?! Try this, go to a few games with your bf with out asking for anything in return, then later on ask him to go ball dancing BUT DONT bring up the games, he will just think you went just so you could take the lessons.

You ask for the perfect boyfriend...you are going to be REALLY dissapointed as life goes on...

learn to love people for the GOOD in them...and DONT think of their faults...good things over rule the faults in people...but you? Thats one of your faults...you are pretty shallow...but there are SOME (very few) practical things going on in your head about that

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Reikuro]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
why arent my qoutes working...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It's the spelling QUOTE!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can eat veggies...you simply surround them with meat! That's the secret...
The cooks in the Orient knew what they were doing, hehe....

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hey Gazrok, that's the way I do it & I love it. Veggies & meat. Yummy. Yummy.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I eat my 10 pound steak, stuffed with net caught dolphan, wrapped in bacon and smothered in liquified puppies. You could say that I am an animal lover.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Woohoo!

What do you look like?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Woohoo!

What do you look like?

This is me:

And this is my cat:

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Jonna]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
1. You can't be my b.f. because you smoke. I don't want to die from 2nd ]hand smoke. Cough. Cough.

I can sort of understand, If you truely love the person tho, you would help them get over their problem. Smokers who want to quit need someone who loves them to help them, I know smokers, but I wouldnt date them, 1. Because I dont like smokers, and they arent the nicest people and 2. Because if they are my age and smoking they have some problems that I cant help.

I can not stand most veggies, but I know I need some kind of veggie or fruit with each meal, so I try to eat the ones I do like, but dont hate because they dont like to eat veggies, there are other ways to get the vitamins

Those people need love and help the most....they NEED friends to help them get over their problems...if they dont there is no hope for them...but if they do abuse you should be there to help them, people need others...thinking you wont be their friend because of that IS pretty shallow...

DEFFINATLY NOT TRUE. You obviously need to learn how to forgive people then, my friend just told his girlfriend he slept with someone a while ago when he was drunk (not my age, hes 17) and she stayed with him, why? because she loves him and even tho he did something really stupid, she realized he was sorry, if they arent sorry for it thats horrible...but if they truely are you should forgive them. Forgive even tho you never will forget...

Oh come on! You REALLY are shallow! Ever hear of doing things for other people with out expecting anything else in return?! Try this, go to a few games with your bf with out asking for anything in return, then later on ask him to go ball dancing BUT DONT bring up the games, he will just think you went just so you could take the lessons.

You ask for the perfect boyfriend...you are going to be REALLY dissapointed as life goes on...

learn to love people for the GOOD in them...and DONT think of their faults...good things over rule the faults in people...but you? Thats one of your faults...you are pretty shallow...but there are SOME (very few) practical things going on in your head about that

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Reikuro]

EDIT: Thanks Jonna, spelling it would probably make sence
thats what happens when I dont get my nap

(edit button went bye bye on last post so this is the modified version of it)

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
sounds like a young gal.
sorry to burst your bubble...humans are not perfect nor will they ever be.
some of your demands are ok...but if u are looking for perfection..give up now and save yourself a life of lonliness and casual sex.
been there done that.
look inside my fellow chica. people can change and if u base your life on first impressions...you're gonna be typin on your 'puter for a long time.
thank god i looked past my soulmate's first impression upon me!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
child's play. The world is a big ocean and there's lots of fish.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The entire trade of going to a game for ballroom lessons isn't that bad,You gotta learn to give a little and take a little. One of my past girfriends was like this, When we went to the movies I would see two of her choices, to one of mine(which was really fair cause i liked most of what she picked, but she didn't know it:drunk
, It makes sense, if i want my girl to go to a smokey bar, that she doesn't like ,just so i can happily play darts or pool with her (with no complaints) then i will glady go over her mothers house for dinner, go watch a show, go to the mall.

of course that's only if you have the option to go without them, or if you invite them to begin with. If she Invites herself to a game, then bitches about it the whole time , then tells you gotta go wherever she wants you to go, it's time to drop her! Or him!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Ooh. Aah. You're SO hot!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join